Author Topic: Get Together In Penang  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Alice

Get Together In Penang
« on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »
I see the posts of getting together mainly happened in KL. what about watch lovers in penang? come on guys... set up a club or a get together for 'penang watch lovers'

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Get Together In Penang
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Hi Alice,
Are you from Penang? I really miss the good food there. I think there are a few other members here who are also from Penang, and it's a great idea for the Penang folks to meet up together. Let us know if you do decide to have a GTG because some of us KL folks are just itching for any excuse to go up to Penang for makan.
 :Cheers:

Offline Fred

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »
U will enjoy lots of great food here in penang. I think the idea of GTG would be great!!! anybody here willing to hold the event? count me in... :Dancing_banana:

Offline Alice

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »
Hi Danny,

Penang is my getaway  and weekend home. Living in another state. Yea...the idea of setting up a GTG in Pg is an awesome idea. Anyone interested to head the project?  :thumbsup:

You'll love Pg , Danny. food is yummy  :D

Alice

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
Give a shout please.....who knows, I might be back in Pg...when time permitted

DC

I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »
May be we can have a mini pre GTG for all the penangites around first... ;D

with some table shots and good food photos,sure will attract more outstation WIS to come to PG.. :P

cheers,
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:05 AM »
Hi Danny,

Penang is my getaway  and weekend home. Living in another state. Yea...the idea of setting up a GTG in Pg is an awesome idea. Anyone interested to head the project?  :thumbsup:

Alice
Hi Alice,
Even though I'm currently trying to eke out a living in KL, I was born and bred in Penang. So I still consider Penang as my home town. I do miss the food and the people there. It's really great to meet Penangites on this forum sharing the same interest in horology.

Offline Alice

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »
Hi Danny,

Alice
Hi Alice,
Even though I'm currently trying to eke out a living in KL, I was born and bred in Penang. So I still consider Penang as my home town. I do miss the food and the people there. It's really great to meet Penangites on this forum sharing the same interest in horology.

Thanks Danny. Great knowing you too

Offline keong16

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:03:50 AM »
ok all penangkaki why not we set a date,,,,,

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:39:47 AM »
i'm not from penang... i got many many fren from penang...
yesterday had t with  my penang here, he just reported to work at Giant Bdr bkt Tinggi for 2 weeks...

so i told him, lucky you.... at least its a vibrant city in klang... everything u can find there... then i asked hi hows the food?
he said F**K, he dunno what to eat, nothing is good.....

he is from long bui.... further in from ayer hitam... i remember those day in university, everytime he go back to penang, his mother will cook him laksa and frozen it... then he take bus back to uni... by the time he reach jb, the laksa soup just melt... we boil it and pour into the bowl with noodle, chop the 'num kiong flower', pineapple, cucumber, onion...nnnnnnn the 'hair goh' HEAVEN !!!!
i been to his house.... i tried the fresh laksa... first time i ate 2 big big bowl !

its been ten yrs i can find the same taste... even the famous ayer hitam laksa cant compare that....
can some 1 tell me where to find a better than ayer hitam laksa?

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
Hello friend.
There are many places in Pg that you can find good assam laksa....one in the Padang Brown along dato keramat.
yum yum.

I really missed the good food in Pg....

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Alice

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »
Try the stall beside old market at Balik Pulau  :thumbsup:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:56 PM »

heard this... but balik pulau bit far... so never visit this stalll....

dont talk.... i missed all the penang food...
penang road, mccalister road, lorong selamat, pulau tikus.... char kuay tiu, bukit mertajam duck egg is my favorite...
hokkien mee, char moy, kulim duck rice, bkt mertajam yam rice, sago char....... pak sum bo, jawa mee.....
better stop now....

Offline Alice

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »

heard this... but balik pulau bit far... so never visit this stalll....

dont talk.... i missed all the penang food...
penang road, mccalister road, lorong selamat, pulau tikus.... char kuay tiu, bukit mertajam duck egg is my favorite...
hokkien mee, char moy, kulim duck rice, bkt mertajam yam rice, sago char....... pak sum bo, jawa mee.....
better stop now....

Yen...... You better make a "speedy" trip to Penang to satisfy your food craving. :D

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »
Hey, My wife and I actually went to that Balik Pulau - old market and had our Laksa. I remembered, it was raining then.
After that we proceed to the near-by estate and had our durian feast. yum yum.

DC