Author Topic: IWC, Chopard or Tag Heuer  (Read 36843 times)

Offline bambookenzo

Re: IWC, Chopard or Tag Heuer
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
HI sifu
Read this IWC forum it is nice watch...I got one IWC Pilot 3717 as well...The Ad advise to put the hand to 6 30 when change date and day because only when we adjust the date /day after 12pm..and we need to set the date to yesterday and the hand to wind round to adjust the date to today date...correct me if wrong....
if we adjust our date/day before 12pm...it is ok to just change the date and day....cheers

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:29 PM »
HI sifu
Read this IWC forum it is nice watch...I got one IWC Pilot 3717 as well...The Ad advise to put the hand to 6 30 when change date and day because only when we adjust the date /day after 12pm..and we need to set the date to yesterday and the hand to wind round to adjust the date to today date...correct me if wrong....
if we adjust our date/day before 12pm...it is ok to just change the date and day....cheers

Basically some mechanical movement with date complication cannot have the date adjusted between 9pm to 3 am, your manual would be the best bet. This is prevent damage to the date change system. As such, the AD will tell you to put the watch at 6:30 9am or pm) does not matter and then adjust the day and date or date to the day before. So if today is Sunday the 30th, you would set the time to 6:30 and adjust the date to the 29 and day to Saturday. Then adjust the time so that it becomes Sunday the 30th. Hope this helps.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »
Worst is... The parts for this date wheel are more fragile than other parts... So be careful

Offline bambookenzo

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
Hi chris, yeah that is the correct way to adjust to 6 30 and then set the date to the day yesterday and wind it until today date and day and then set the time two round 12 if your watch is dead and you are adjusting the time after 12 pm...
what if your watch is not dead but you are just adjusting the day and date and it is b4 12 pm?
we can just wind the date and day only right? without the hassel of set the time again to 6 30 bla bla...:)