Author Topic: To complicate, or not to complicate?  (Read 5861 times)

Offline roystock

Re: To complicate, or not to complicate?
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
Minute repeater is surely a very charming function.
I have a Breitling Aerospace. A quartz with chrono, alarm, dual timezone etc. My favourite function is however it's digital "chime".

Offline dpkong

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 11:42:53 AM »
In between tourbillon and minute repeater, I would regard repeater as a more refined complication.

Tourbillon technicality is not there.

My simple logic is there many Chinese tourbillon movement but there is none Chinese repeater. :Laughing_on_floor:

I definitely would like a nice minute repeater, not a tourbillon though

Offline Potential_Highlight

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2020, 07:28:15 AM »
When I first started, I used to love chronographs and moon phase complications. The busier the dial, the better

These days, I find myself favouring simple 3-hand dials. I am quite indifferent about the date function, as its absence means one less thing to set when I put on a watch that I haven't worn in a while

I think the only complication that I would wish to have on a watch is a power reserve indicator. Quite satisfying to watch it go up as you wind the watch

Offline faizall

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »
I’m not sure this related to age or what..but right now my interest more to a clean dial..like vintage grand seiko 4520-8000 or rolex datejust. Either of this two will be my last watch in my small collection i guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk