Author Topic: How you think about Vacheron Constantin overseas mark 2 (47040)?  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
How you think about Vacheron Constantin overseas mark 2 (47040)?
« on: September 20, 2020, 08:22:23 AM »
Some of my humble thoughts of this model of this range in video, how u guys think about this Overseas model in VC since there is so rare in pre-owned market

(Just sharing for watch knowledge entertainment purpose, not related with any business purpose)
https://youtu.be/S_SPK9vifkU

A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR

Offline dpkong

Re: How you think about Vacheron Constantin overseas mark 2 (47040)?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »
Can share the retail price here?

I think the bracelet is amazing. I'm more inclined to chrono model.

Offline Olkuu0205

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 10:11:05 AM »
Can share the retail price here?

I think the bracelet is amazing. I'm more inclined to chrono model.

Generation 2 currently is already discontinued. Current model is Gen 3.  I have show in the video of new catalogue.

Offline bryanL

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »
an underrated stunner!

Offline Olkuu0205

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »
an underrated stunner!

Em.. Maybe is one of the reason Not much people discuss about this model
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 02:33:45 PM by Olkuu0205 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »
Price range slightly more than AP model to model

Design wise it's softer at the edges, AP is sharp and distinct

I prefer the older model with big date.

The bracelet is very nice though, probably on par with AP bracelets

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:24:46 PM »
It is an often overlooked watch from the Holy trinity of watches. I think it is a handsome watch but i prefer the chronograph version from this series. Not a fan of the date at 4 o'clock. I think it is worth a look since prices of Rolex is so high now. There is still a bargain to be had with this brand with prices for this particular model ranging from the low 30k-s to low 40k-s depending on dial color, condition and completeness of set.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Olkuu0205

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:20 PM »
It is an often overlooked watch from the Holy trinity of watches. I think it is a handsome watch but i prefer the chronograph version from this series. Not a fan of the date at 4 o'clock. I think it is worth a look since prices of Rolex is so high now. There is still a bargain to be had with this brand with prices for this particular model ranging from the low 30k-s to low 40k-s depending on dial color, condition and completeness of set.
Nice. Another big two brother AP and PP price is goreng so high, VC is the only model can get with affordable worth to collect holy trinity . Rolex is also goreng above hundred thousand and with that price really have to many high end brand can think off  :thumbsup:

Offline c4all

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
I am quite curious on one thing. I looked up "holy trinity of watches" and brands that commonly pop up include Patek, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron. The reason for this is a Geneva Seal on the movement? Now looking at holy trinity, I would think prices would be high for models from these brands but it seems that Vacheron is not doing too well in the pre-owned market compared to Patek and AP. The retail price however is pretty high. Am I missing something here? Why is Vacheron not performing as well as the other two? Lack of demand? The design for the VC is really nice with sharp angles on the case and the mix of brushed and polished steel. If prices in the pre-owned market are as indicated by bro G.Mac, then we have a strong contender here for a sports watch compared to offerings from Rolex.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 09:08:06 PM »
I am quite curious on one thing. I looked up "holy trinity of watches" and brands that commonly pop up include Patek, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron. The reason for this is a Geneva Seal on the movement? Now looking at holy trinity, I would think prices would be high for models from these brands but it seems that Vacheron is not doing too well in the pre-owned market compared to Patek and AP. The retail price however is pretty high. Am I missing something here? Why is Vacheron not performing as well as the other two? Lack of demand? The design for the VC is really nice with sharp angles on the case and the mix of brushed and polished steel. If prices in the pre-owned market are as indicated by bro G.Mac, then we have a strong contender here for a sports watch compared to offerings from Rolex.

What's really interesting is that ROLEX is nowhere near the holy trinity at all but look at how they are selling..

Offline Olkuu0205

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »

What's really interesting is that ROLEX is nowhere near the holy trinity at all but look at how they are selling..

Geng ah!  :police: :laugh:

Offline ethan89

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 08:16:02 AM »
As for as I concerned, VC is very famous at China, Hong Kong and some of the western countries, but not doing well here in Malaysia, I can hardly find any AD/Boutique. Try and ask some of the watch guys from China and Hong Kong, no one don't know VC Oversea (Jiang Shi Dan Dun,  Zong Heng Si Hai), you literally paid for one watch and it come with three style/mode, worth every penny.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:20:06 AM by ethan89 »

Offline Cocas

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »
VC is popular in China and Hong Kong, seems to do with fengshui reason. The ship logo on case back symbolises good fortune ahead.  :thumbsup:

Offline ethan89

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
VC is popular in China and Hong Kong, seems to do with fengshui reason. The ship logo on case back symbolises good fortune ahead.  :thumbsup:
True  :thumbsup:
The Chinese name of the brand and model is very nice too.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 01:09:58 PM »

At this rate of promotion, it will be goreng soon also....

:Laughing_on_floor: