Author Topic: Rolex Rootbeer  (Read 5437 times)

Offline nctt1971

• Freshie
Rolex Rootbeer
« on: August 29, 2020, 05:22:37 PM »
Wondering how much is the root beer now on second hand market. I think still commanding 70k ++

Anyone selling right now?

Offline dpkong

Re: Rolex Rootbeer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Easily...

Even the hulk is now moving near to 80k new. Grey dealers won’t even put a price tag on it now and it’s a “call for price” item.

Plain ridiculous..

Offline nctt1971

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »
Its demand and supply. Supply is very limited nowadays and furthermore local Rolex is playing hard to get. I think rolex also stop production for the padt few months due to the pandemic.

Offline c4all

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »
Last I checked, it is going around the high 70s. Must say it is a very handsome watch.

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
I'm also thinking about getting this one, as the BLRO that I wanted is soaring past RM80k. It's a beautiful watch.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 05:23:43 PM »
Saw that the rootbeer had surpassed the BLRO in price at my grey market dealer. Not sure if it is the same elsewhere.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 06:36:01 PM »
Around rm82-83k now for new. Most place will sold out within 1-2 days . Too
Hot now

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »
I'm also thinking about getting this one, as the BLRO that I wanted is soaring past RM80k. It's a beautiful watch.

Buying at those prices really fuel the grey market but then YOLO and ultimately one personally decides the value of an item.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »
It’s rising thousands by week, very soon rootbeer will become 100k, that’s insane

At such price , they are still plenty paying cash for it, even 110k for a cheapest Daytona Ss. Rollies market are crazy now

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »
rolex sport model is like commodities now... sigh

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 02:32:17 PM »
The price of sport model is rising faster that a gold...

The pandemics really favors the crazed Rollies pricings

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »
The reason why CHNR is rising at this rate is because BLRO in the grey is simply too expensive, and also IMO that watch is simply beautiful and elegant. Why the hell would I pay RM80K+ for BLRO when the RETAIL of CHNR is roughly RM65K? And now all the CHNR ends up in the grey and commanding RM84K ish. I was browsing last weekend and saw a bunch of them in the grey. Basically whatever I know is the next best thing, the grey dealers got them. The grey also got all the SS Datejust, explorer, and even Air Kings.

At this rate I may just save up some money and go straight for Patek Annual Calendar. RM130-160K range. Rolex is no longer entry level.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
The reason why CHNR is rising at this rate is because BLRO in the grey is simply too expensive, and also IMO that watch is simply beautiful and elegant. Why the hell would I pay RM80K+ for BLRO when the RETAIL of CHNR is roughly RM65K? And now all the CHNR ends up in the grey and commanding RM84K ish. I was browsing last weekend and saw a bunch of them in the grey. Basically whatever I know is the next best thing, the grey dealers got them. The grey also got all the SS Datejust, explorer, and even Air Kings.

At this rate I may just save up some money and go straight for Patek Annual Calendar. RM130-160K range. Rolex is no longer entry level.

Well.. the grey are not silly and the skill is in squeezing you till it hurts but not to the point where you scream for help, just like the politicians and taxman....

And someone pointed out that the grey dealers are always one step ahead of buyers so you better get that Patek before the grey dealers sweep them up too. If more steel ROLEX go past the 100k range, then everyone will have the same idea of getting VC and AP steel models.

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 06:20:29 PM »

Going straight for a Patek is a good move.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline shzrn

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 08:22:48 PM »
I guess also a good time to consider AP.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 08:37:23 PM »
Yea, I've been also thinking if a basic Patek would be better...or AP...but the servicing for those watches can cost quite a lot too...

Offline shzrn

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:45 PM »
I'm not an AP expert but I have a soft spot for their quartz line. Simple and I find it blends in well. I'm guessing maybe the quartz line aren't that expensive to service?

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »
I'm not an AP expert but I have a soft spot for their quartz line. Simple and I find it blends in well. I'm guessing maybe the quartz line aren't that expensive to service?

Battery change for AP quartz are free for life. But service will depends on what work is needed; had a module and crown replaced for my wife's watch about 18 months back, at about RM4k.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 01:06:26 PM »

Battery change for AP quartz are free for life. But service will depends on what work is needed; had a module and crown replaced for my wife's watch about 18 months back, at about RM4k.
that is like a servicing fee for a rolex daytona

Offline forniter

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »
he prices are soaring really higher imo because a lot of things have been halted because of the pandemic, but im not sure if its just me, but recently alot of models have been popping up for sale like outta nowhere.

maybe hopefully we will see the prices go down, hopefully, tbh i wonder who would pay such a premium.