Author Topic: New Tudor BB58 release  (Read 31273 times)

Offline 2ndOpinion

Re: New Tudor BB58 release
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
Good Friday news. Two of my ADs said a small shipment of the BB58 blue is due next week. The bad news is only the bigger stores will be allocated one to two pieces.Still, if you're lucky, post yours here. :thumbsup:

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
I walked into an AD to and put my name on the waiting list for the BB58 (either blue or black). Did not pay any deposits and I don't have any purchase history with the AD, so I dont expect any calls.

One week later, they called and offered me the black BB58. I guess stocks are more stable these days?

Offline W3ll

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2020, 06:24:53 AM »
I walked into an AD to and put my name on the waiting list for the BB58 (either blue or black). Did not pay any deposits and I don't have any purchase history with the AD, so I dont expect any calls.

One week later, they called and offered me the black BB58. I guess stocks are more stable these days?

everyong is chasing after the blue

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2020, 08:37:40 AM »
Goes to show that demand is finite. Good for true lovers of the watch, bad news for flippers.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »

everyong is chasing after the blue

True. I like them both. After owning it, i think i'm glad i got the black. The blue might be more of a phase

Offline c4all

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
Despite all the hype surrounding the Black Bay 58, I have not seen one in the flesh. All the talk about it being the "best size" and "most proportionate" certainly interest me but I would like to try one off first to see if it fits me as my wrist is boxy. The Royal Oak and Deepsea does not fit my wrist well at all.

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
Despite all the hype surrounding the Black Bay 58, I have not seen one in the flesh. All the talk about it being the "best size" and "most proportionate" certainly interest me but I would like to try one off first to see if it fits me as my wrist is boxy. The Royal Oak and Deepsea does not fit my wrist well at all.

A lot of ADs has display units for tudor/rolex. You can simply walk in and try them on. Those units are not for sale though. I think they are sent to ADs without box and paper to prevent ADs from selling them

Offline c4all

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
Looks like the AD near my place has no display units for the BB58. I tried on the Pelagos, Black Bay Steel and it wears a bit big. Didnt have the chance to try on the Rolex GMT Pepsi as there was a line to try it. Plenty of Datejust though.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 01:03:52 PM »

A lot of ADs has display units for tudor/rolex. You can simply walk in and try them on. Those units are not for sale though. I think they are sent to ADs without box and paper to prevent ADs from selling them

Why would ROLEX do such a thing? They're not for sale because the ADs won't sell them to you. One AD blatantly told me to buy it "outside" and when I said the price was more than double, he looked at me with a smirk and said "everyone else pays that price" !!!

Offline Conscript

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »

Why would ROLEX do such a thing? They're not for sale because the ADs won't sell them to you. One AD blatantly told me to buy it "outside" and when I said the price was more than double, he looked at me with a smirk and said "everyone else pays that price" !!!

"Everyone else pays that price" is the new norm in the world of rolex i think . i think they will sapu all the new OP too . :Confused:

Offline c4all

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 03:59:46 PM »

That is a really arrogant answer.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »
It’s a common occurrence actually. Not a good feeling when you intend to spend a fair chunk of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline c4all

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 04:41:24 PM »
Sad but true. Some of the salesperson hinted to me like this especially when they start asking me for my purchase history and found out that I am not one of their regulars.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2020, 01:59:47 PM »
there is one AD who also ask me to go get the watch from grey and keep saying it is worth it even paying double, price will keep increasing.. the more i talk to that sales person the more i sense he has some under table deal with grey dealers out there

Offline shzrn

• Freshie
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:42 AM »
This is why it's frustrating sometimes when buying from AD. You gotta have history or purchase with purchase. I'm not even surprise if they really do deals with resellers.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »
Just got my BB58 last week....I must say it feels like the old sub no date 14060. Very nice slim profile, good quality built. Love the colour too. Wears slightly smaller than the sub 114060 (some pics for comparison).

In the end the Mrs decided to have it lol (Not bad for ladies too)...tho haven’t had the chance to wear it out yet!
 My take : good value for money with the in-house 70 H power reserve movement, and nice brushed case and bracelet. Only set back to me is that they should have tapered the edges of the bracelet links similar to Rolex oyster bracelets. Otherwise, perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:12:47 PM by bulletnos »

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »
Nice. Congratulations on your recent acquisition.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »
Just got my BB58 last week....I must say it feels like the old sub no date 14060. Very nice slim profile, good quality built. Love the colour too. Wears slightly smaller than the sub 114060 (some pics for comparison).

In the end the Mrs decided to have it lol (Not bad for ladies too)...tho haven’t had the chance to wear it out yet!
 My take : good value for money with the in-house 70 H power reserve movement, and nice brushed case and bracelet. Only set back to me is that they should have tapered the edges of the bracelet links similar to Rolex oyster bracelets. Otherwise, perfect!

Really love that no-date theme, especially so on the rollie since it means no cyclops, nice set there. Sama bapak, lain mak ;D

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2021, 10:10:02 PM »
Haha thx guys...I love the symmetry on both....

I love yr analogy pleasuresaurus  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2021, 07:56:48 PM »

I do like the watch overall but cannot accept that "square" at the hour and seconds hand and the "studs" at the sides of the bracelet links even if they are TUDOR trademarks

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:43 PM »
At first i thought BB58 is 58mm, how foolish i am.
But i like the design so much, not because of homage watch to R_LEX. But the design are so unique, the snowflake hand are so appealing. Only complaint about it, the big crown.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2021, 08:37:35 AM »
I reckon the crown size is part of the design la perhaps. Its a screw down crown for water resistance, but its also lacking crown guards. It is a means of improving the integrity of the crown structure.

Offline acurusaragon

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2021, 09:44:23 AM »
Black BB58 .... is the safest choice for me !!

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »

Congratz! By the way, how much you got it?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2021, 08:11:54 PM »

Congratz! By the way, how much you got it?

I was fortunate enough to get at retail with a lil fast track as I know the guy for some time now...quite a long waiting list but if willing to wait, then chances are possible...unlike the cousin rolex
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:13:45 PM by bulletnos »