Author Topic: building relationship with your Rolex AD  (Read 21993 times)

Offline tancho

Re: building relationship with your Rolex AD
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2019, 12:36:24 PM »
I remember walking into an AD 10 years ago and being served like VIP. All sales people had proper manners and respect over prospective buyers. These days walking into an AD and asking for a SS sports model is met with disrespect. I would say almost all sales people are giving the snobbish vibe.

This seems to be the attitude from my personal experience.  I recently bought a Tudor BB Bronze from one AD.  The very next day, I send a WhatsApp message to the SA that sold me the watch inquiring about ordering an additional fabric strap for the watch.  Although he read the message, he didn't even bother to reply.

So much for building relationship.

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
I remember walking into an AD 10 years ago and being served like VIP. All sales people had proper manners and respect over prospective buyers. These days walking into an AD and asking for a SS sports model is met with disrespect. I would say almost all sales people are giving the snobbish vibe.

This seems to be the attitude from my personal experience.  I recently bought a Tudor BB Bronze from one AD.  The very next day, I send a WhatsApp message to the SA that sold me the watch inquiring about ordering an additional fabric strap for the watch.  Although he read the message, he didn't even bother to reply.

not all AD salesperson are the same, I've heard from a friend of mine, he was promised a sports after couple of datejusts, 6 months later to find out the salesperson left. Tough

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2019, 02:32:58 PM »

not all AD salesperson are the same, I've heard from a friend of mine, he was promised a sports after couple of datejusts, 6 months later to find out the salesperson left. Tough

buy buy buy, then SA left.. then have to start all over again..  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline cheesycake7

• Freshie
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2019, 10:34:07 PM »

buy buy buy, then SA left.. then have to start all over again..  :Laughing_on_floor:

That’s why never build your relationship just with one person in the shop! I know at least 4 people in my AD - 2 managers 2 SAs...

Offline axaxax

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 01:27:48 AM »
On flip side, my SA got upgraded to a Rolex store. So it works both ways.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Tapatalk

Offline francis226

• Freshie
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »
I see no point to build relationship with SA. It suppose to be their job to do so. Buying a few junk just to get the piece we want is sound really ridiculous.

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
Well... It does not always need to be junks.  Just buy the watches that you want to buy from a single AD who is nice and friendly.  Eventually, you will have a purchase history impressive enough to be allocated a "hot" model. 

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2019, 10:50:59 PM »
Buying the hype or the watch?

When steel watches have premiums that puts them in the precious metals range, don't you think it's time to go for the gold models or the annual/perpetual calendars?

So called "popular" models are only such because they're priced in the lower range and affordable to a larger crowd hence creating a larger market. Lower supply and high demand and the price goes up.

Walked in to the Rolex boutique and a few Rolex ADs in KL recently and the SAs either downright ignore you or have no shame in showing you attitude telling you to piss off and not bother asking questions. There was that rare outlet where they tried to answer a few questions but quickly went back to looking at their phones which basically tells you to take a hike. Almost every AD had a Submariner Date on display or a few other sport models but all were not for sale.

So basically all the whiners in this thread need to realize that you'll never get a sport Rolex at RRP from a AD no matter how much you try to suck up to them. The ones with real money just walk in and point at the catalogue and gets what he/she wants.

Gone are the days when you can buy a Rolex and wear the heck out of it. It's now a prized investment and has beaten AP when it comes to the game of expensive steel watches.

This experience was in KL though so you may have a different experience in another town.

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2020, 07:41:46 AM »
I called an AD once, looking for a two-tone Submariner. They had one in stock, so I requested they hold it for me, and I would be there within the hour. I arrived, paid for it and proceeded to thank the SA who answered the phone. To my chagrin, he said he let me have it because I sounded like I was about to cry on the phone. I was in disbelief; having spent RM50k and to be insulted that way.

That AD was Cortina at Starhill, and the salesperson's name is Brandon. It was that moment when I realized the AD is supposed to build relationships with their customers, and not the other way around.

Just curious, do you still buy stuffs from that guy ?lol

Offline apache0909

• Freshie
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2020, 09:56:02 PM »
Share with us your experience and your relationship with your AD. Have you received call from your AD recently to collect your watch? What is your strategy?

To be honest, theres really no strategy. I have a friend who bought DJ's with them for business purposes in hopes of 'building good repo' with the AD. Even tipping the AD heavily after purchasing every DJ (Yes, only regular DJs we are talking here). He did somehow offer some professional models after that, but it was models like Air King or Explorer. After a while, he just gave up his hope of owning a GMT  II from the shop and just buy preowned watches. Its simply not worth the time and money to get a professional models like Daytona, GMT II or Subs.

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2020, 05:56:28 AM »
Share with us your experience and your relationship with your AD. Have you received call from your AD recently to collect your watch? What is your strategy?

To be honest, theres really no strategy. I have a friend who bought DJ's with them for business purposes in hopes of 'building good repo' with the AD. Even tipping the AD heavily after purchasing every DJ (Yes, only regular DJs we are talking here). He did somehow offer some professional models after that, but it was models like Air King or Explorer. After a while, he just gave up his hope of owning a GMT  II from the shop and just buy preowned watches. Its simply not worth the time and money to get a professional models like Daytona, GMT II or Subs.

Just curious, how much did he tip the AD for after buying the DJ ?

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »

Agree. No point doing so. You can tip the sales person 1k each time you buy. You buy 200k. The guy says ok yours is next and in shipment. Another guy walks in, pick a precious metal unit. And boom, your unit becomes his in just a few minutes.

You can also tip them heavily. But if they got a bigger pocket buyer, priority goes to them as well. They may have contacts with resellers, your unit goes to them as well.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »
Yes, this is how Rolex AD running biz in this southern city.

All hot models are reserved for vvip, then follow by the grey market buyers which always help AD to clear those unpopular models. After that then only those fully loaded individual buyers (who normally walk in and chitchat) on their AD contact list.

*Note: AD contact list is not the waiting list.  ;D

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »

All hot models are reserved for vvip, then follow by the grey market buyers which always help AD to clear those unpopular models. After that then only those fully loaded individual buyers (who normally walk in and chitchat) on their AD contact list.

And then followed by company bosses, high ranking employees, employees, family friends, etc etc.. walk in rich looking customer, people in waiting list.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »

Then the easiest way to get your desired models would be to piggy back on a VVIP friend.

:Cheers:

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »

Then the easiest way to get your desired models would be to piggy back on a VVIP friend.

Got contact? I want an air king

Offline dpkong

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »

This is not really a watch with great demand. Try to make friends with the AD especially someone higher up not just the salesman who may quit next month.. and wait for one to show up. After your first purchase, you may continue buying more and better models before you get those highly coveted watches

Offline Cocas

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »

This is not really a watch with great demand. Try to make friends with the AD especially someone higher up not just the salesman who may quit next month.. and wait for one to show up. After your first purchase, you may continue buying more and better models before you get those highly coveted watches

Yup, this is the approach. But I only manage to save up for 1 Rolex watch. I can't afford to keep buying Rolex.  :o

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »

I tried to ask edi.. I had previous purchase also.. but keep saying no stock as well.. but they had a milgauss..

Offline ethan89

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2020, 02:05:07 PM »

I tried to ask edi.. I had previous purchase also.. but keep saying no stock as well.. but they had a milgauss..
Why don't you get the Milgauss instead? Almost look like an Air King, just a little bit thicker.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

if you like it, it's almost the same as the Air King but thicker, same no date and smooth bezel.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2020, 02:22:28 PM »

Yup, this is the approach. But I only manage to save up for 1 Rolex watch. I can't afford to keep buying Rolex.  :o

If there is no intention to get another watch in future, then go to the grey dealer with stock as they don't mark up this model.

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »

Why don't you get the Milgauss instead? Almost look like an Air King, just a little bit thicker.

I didn't get the milgauss because I don't like it. Prefer the air king youthful looks.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »

If there is no intention to get another watch in future, then go to the grey dealer with stock as they don't mark up this model.

Last i ask air king and milgauss are both asking at least 2k premium

Offline Cocas

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »

To avoid this happening, I used to play a trick when paying visit to AD to check out the models.

When I saw or knew the sales manager or branch manger was not in or busy with other customers, I will straight away step out from the outlet.