Author Topic: 2016 property outlook  (Read 20856 times)

Offline Somatic

Re: 2016 property outlook
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »
Looks like everyone's in KL.. But I'd just like to add that there are some pretty good deals for G&G properties in JB. I Strongly recommend. There's a lot of potential for growth, especially once accessibility into Singapore is improved by 2020. So that's just another 4 years of holding.. But there's truly also the real oversupply of high rise condominiums to deal with..

Offline Shikamaru

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 09:08:10 PM »
Im in real estate so can share a thing or two. What we noticed is that for mass market properties, demand has been pretty strong due to shortage of supply.

Where alot of people are stuck is on high end properties. Too many current stock, and upcoming supply remains alot too. Coupled this with bearish sentiment on the economy overall, this segment is the worst hit today  :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 08:45:55 AM »
Im in real estate so can share a thing or two. What we noticed is that for mass market properties, demand has been pretty strong due to shortage of supply.

Where alot of people are stuck is on high end properties. Too many current stock, and upcoming supply remains alot too. Coupled this with bearish sentiment on the economy overall, this segment is the worst hit today  :)

what is mass market properties ?

any specific location, size, type, price, design?

Offline Shikamaru

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 02:27:46 AM »
Hi Chris,

The definition of mass market properties is different from one area to another. A mass market prop in Puchong (300k-700k) isnt the same as a mass market property in Mont Kiara ( 600k -1.2mil) , for an example.  ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »
Hi Chris,

The definition of mass market properties is different from one area to another. A mass market prop in Puchong (300k-700k) isnt the same as a mass market property in Mont Kiara ( 600k -1.2mil) , for an example.  ;)

thats y im asking specific location, type of property and price !

market didnt call mass marker property
only affordable house !

which sector of property industry u r in? real estate agency?

Offline Nickmax

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 03:09:49 PM »

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 10:56:37 AM »
What is the rate of current property gain tax?

0-3 = 30%
3-4 = 20%
4-5 = 15%
5 above = 5%

Still applied in 2016?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 02:12:09 PM »
Bank loan still hard to get

N real property gain tax no changes In 2016 

Offline Aenixel

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 08:19:26 PM »
great design and decorate inside the house, but may i know the price of the property?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 11:28:36 AM »
great design and decorate inside the house, but may i know the price of the property?

around 600k

Offline shikamaru81

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »
Hi Chris,

only affordable house !

apologies for the late reply. Im not an agent but a real estate analyst and consultant in an independent property consulting firm. Client pay me a small 5 figure amount just to get property recommendations and to know what we are buying. Hence I wont be able to answer and divulge which properties we think will perform above market averages in the new years. The most I can hint is to stay away from high end properties in any areas and look at mass market housing with potential boosters, as these remains the safest property class one can invest in even with limited knowledge.

And no, when I mention mass market properties, Im not referring to affordable housing. Those are two different segment altogether. If I were to use horology and time-piece as an example, affordable housing is like buying a Tissot. But while brands like AP or Rolex are considered as high end watches, they also have categories that most Rolex or and AP user would buy ( steel Submariner and Royal Oak as an example ) which means it can be considered as a mass market product that most people who buy Rolex's and APs, will be able to afford them.

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2016, 08:19:07 PM »
Wow.  Didn't know there are property shopping consultants. Not bad.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:37 PM »
Hi Chris,

only affordable house !

apologies for the late reply. Im not an agent but a real estate analyst and consultant in an independent property consulting firm. Client pay me a small 5 figure amount just to get property recommendations and to know what we are buying. Hence I wont be able to answer and divulge which properties we think will perform above market averages in the new years. The most I can hint is to stay away from high end properties in any areas and look at mass market housing with potential boosters, as these remains the safest property class one can invest in even with limited knowledge.

And no, when I mention mass market properties, Im not referring to affordable housing. Those are two different segment altogether. If I were to use horology and time-piece as an example, affordable housing is like buying a Tissot. But while brands like AP or Rolex are considered as high end watches, they also have categories that most Rolex or and AP user would buy ( steel Submariner and Royal Oak as an example ) which means it can be considered as a mass market product that most people who buy Rolex's and APs, will be able to afford them.

Buying mass market property can make enough to pay consultant an 5 figure or an AP roo novelty for his specific tip on which mass market Property to buy in 

U champion !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shikamaru81

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2016, 10:05:02 PM »
Wow.  Didn't know there are property shopping consultants. Not bad.

I guess the key difference between what we do and any negotiators out there is that negotiators push products that they have in stock.

Me and my team on the other hand, look for properties that can best work hard for the client and their financial objectives. The idea is that every property we buy, should be able to give myself or the client enough profit to buy a new AP ROO upon maturity  ;)

What we do is rather niche and Malaysians in general dont like to pay to get advise on where to buy, so we initially had a tough time starting this business in 2013. ( Hard to ask people to pay close to five figures then when everyone makes money from real estate.  :Mad: ).

But in today's environment where there are many investors who got stuck with unsellable or un-rentable properties, people begin to see value in paying to get proper, good advice. Part with small money versus losing lots money buying the wrong properties.  Better be safe than sorry  ;)

Offline shikamaru81

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »

Buying mass market property can make enough to pay consultant an 5 figure or an AP roo novelty for his specific tip on which mass market Property to buy in 

U champion !

Like I mentioned previously, there are mass market properties that are priced at RM200,000, and there are mass market properties priced at RM1Mil. Different area brings different definitions of mass market properties. And yes people wont mind spending RM10k for advise if they can buy things that will give them 100k gains upon maturity.

And no, my clients dont pay me enough for me to buy an AP ROO ( unfortunately  :shocked1:). But my own investments, even the worse made enough profits to buy me an AP ROO or an entry level PP. Best ones, probably can give me an AP ROO Rose Gold + PP Grand Complications + some change today if I were to offload.

But you know what they say, never kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Thats why till today Im stuck with IWCs, PAMs and Jaegers. Cant bring myself to sell any good yield assets just to fund an AP for now. But soon lah, maybe ask me again next year heheheh  ;)

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 06:16:49 AM »
out of curiosity, how do your charge your consultation fees?

Offline shikamaru81

2016 property outlook
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 10:12:16 PM »
out of curiosity, how do your charge your consultation fees?

Hi bro CKL, its xxx per successful residential property purchase, irrespective of value. For commercial properties, its Xxx per purchase irrespective of value of the shop.

[no soliciting messages, please pm - forum mods]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:33:33 AM by ck77 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
2016 property outlook
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2016, 06:04:25 PM »
In Malaysia
U need valuation license to be property consultant, with that u can do valuation, estate agency, property management & other consultation services such as market research, etc

Besides that, with real estate agency license you too can be property agent

All fees is governed by board of valuer

To obtain above licenses, u hv to complete your studies and pass all the tests!

So guys... beware before you put your money to those so call expert out there for property investment fund...
Especially MLM way!

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2016, 09:58:06 PM »
Also if providing building maintainence management, I believe the same license is required.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
Also if providing building maintainence management, I believe the same license is required.

It is... under the act, u need valuation license to provide property management services except owner manage your own!
But no enforcement on this so far...

Offline upvcjakarta

• Holodeck
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »
Is the location and access to public facilities reachable? Because there are many apartments or housing that have good facilities in it, but access to schools, shopping centers and others is difficult to achieve.