Author Topic: Have you ever...  (Read 16995 times)

Offline Watchnewby

Re: Have you ever...
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
Be my guest, nayo. No problem indeed.
 :Cheers:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
Wow  :o....Chang, you are so experienced....write somemore story la...cause some of us are presume-innocent guys here   ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »
Ai ya, Bro siodee. Everyone of us has gone through this path before, right? - go out dating, if "ngam"(matching), then "chiak" become your life partner; if not "ngam", go for other dates till you find the right person.

Me writing story? No lah. I dun think I am suitable as a story writer. Just write based on my experience. I am sure, Bro siodee also have story to tell. Must set up a mini GTG and listen to yaor tales.   :laugh:   :laugh:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »
I have got another one.

Recently, while having a meal at a shopping mall with my wife, I could not help admiring the watch on a lady hand sitting beside our table and also the nice B&R watch on a man wrist sitting a table away behind my wife.
My wife was asking "Why are you admiring the women nest table and the man behind my back?"
I told her I was looking at their hands. And my wife asked, "Hand? What is so special about their hands? If you tell me the woman got nice shapely body or big  :mooning:, I can understand.
If you look at another man, I would have thought you are becoming a "Gay". Don't tell me you have a fetish for hands, ar?"
I told her I was admiring their watches. Period.
 :Dancing_banana:   :Dancing_banana:   :Dancing_banana:

Offline siodee

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
Ai ya, Bro siodee. Everyone of us has gone through this path before, right? - go out dating, if "ngam"(matching), then "chiak" become your life partner; if not "ngam", go for other dates till you find the right person.

Me writing story? No lah. I dun think I am suitable as a story writer. Just write based on my experience. I am sure, Bro siodee also have story to tell. Must set up a mini GTG and listen to yaor tales.   :laugh:   :laugh:

Not much story to tell, boring guy, normally I just asked "are you with me?", that's all, one tag line  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline siodee

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »
I have got another one.

Recently, while having a meal at a shopping mall with my wife, I could not help admiring the watch on a lady hand sitting beside our table and also the nice B&R watch on a man wrist sitting a table away behind my wife.
My wife was asking "Why are you admiring the women nest table and the man behind my back?"
I told her I was looking at their hands. And my wife asked, "Hand? What is so special about their hands? If you tell me the woman got nice shapely body or big  :mooning:, I can understand.
If you look at another man, I would have thought you are becoming a "Gay". Don't tell me you have a fetish for hands, ar?"
I told her I was admiring their watches. Period.
 :Dancing_banana:   :Dancing_banana:   :Dancing_banana:

You see like that, people will think you are "Selling gold fish", no wonder yr wife asked you  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline gavinjayanand

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
I've got one to add. I was shadowing a lawyer for my work experience and it just so happened that I'd bought a new watch the day before (cheap and cheerful Casio, but hey, it had personality  ;)).

We went to court and I sat in the gallery as only lawyers can sit past the bar. My pupil-master asked the judge if I could sit up front, a very nice gesture that he didn't need to make. Up I went, taking my place with great trepidation. 

Throughout the cross-examination, I kept nervously looking at my watch. After a while, the judge, who had noticed my behaviour, asked what was wrong. I was flabbergasted and turned mute.  It was the most awkward silence and luckily, my pupil master broke the ice and managed to pass it off as a joke (something about me being late for a date).

In any case, I was very lucky as the judge found it funny and laughed it off. I ended my mini-pupillage at the firm before the case had concluded but found out later on that the client had won. Who knows, maybe my fidgety ways went towards persuading the judge :D

All the best,

Gavin

I didn't make it all the way to third grade for nothing! -Percival C. McLeach

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:05 AM »
Ya that is a nice story, Gavin.

Ever since I become a "watchaholic", I notice that I will look at what watches is on other people wrist. Dunno about the others.

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »

Ever since I become a "watchaholic", I notice that I will look at what watches is on other people wrist. Dunno about the others.

haha!! I'm a dentist, we have this 'weird disease' of looking at ppl teeth whenever we chat with them. Sometime I overdid it until the they consciously avoid showing their teeth when talking with me.  :Confused:
But lately I do admire the watches of ppl I met. New 'bad habit'. i think.

Offline siodee

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

haha!! I'm a dentist, we have this 'weird disease' of looking at ppl teeth whenever we chat with them. Sometime I overdid it until the they consciously avoid showing their teeth when talking with me.  :Confused:
But lately I do admire the watches of ppl I met. New 'bad habit'. i think.

Now we have Dr. Gigi on board, watches hobby is not bad, just very very bad, you can ask some members here, it soon become poison in your vein... ;D

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »
Wow, got lawyers & dentist onboard liao. Welcome :Cheers:
I think we should start networking amongst our little community now, what say other?

Yes, time for another GTG.
Any suggestion where & when?

Offline siodee

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:45 AM »
Wow, got lawyers & dentist onboard liao. Welcome :Cheers:
I think we should start networking amongst our little community now, what say other?

Yes, time for another GTG.
Any suggestion where & when?

Wow, so fast another round, getting very frequent, it is like we got nothing to do but just gather around  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
Disallowed? By home minister is it?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
Disallowed? By home minister is it?

Ya, visa belum approve ke?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
Entry permit was disallowed! :Laughing_on_floor:
No chance of paying kopi O money ar?  :mooning:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
Haha.. next time can try a stealthy getaway. Problem is, all future permits may be cancelled without consideration! :p

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
Try this and see :
What the Home Ministry wants?
1) take care of the children/household when she is busy? - Can do, even to the extend be the transporter (like me) during Sat(sometimes Sun), clean up house, put children to sleep etc.
2) some time piece/jewelry/clothes? - can accomodate.
3) holiday? - plan around school holidays if children are schooling (any other day is OK if children not an issue)
4) driver? be the transporter and fetch her to the places that she want to go

I believe if one has done all he can do to please the Home Ministry, I do not see the visa/permit being approved.  ;D

Cheers.

Offline Q

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
happens all the time.so that is why some people use a minutes repeater,then they dont have to look at the watch so often .