Author Topic: Is g shock suitable for presentation occation  (Read 5037 times)

Offline lee882888

• Freshie
Is g shock suitable for presentation occation
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Lets say the full black with gold watch face and pointers, the model whihc have both pointer and digital version, is it suitable?
I saw online lazada seling below 1k, planning to buy one..

Offline jiaren

• Freshie
Re: Is g shock suitable for presentation occation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »
Presentation is best with analog watch, Quartz or Automatic will be personal choice. Gent go for Automatic movement & ladies for quartz movement.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:15:32 AM »
For presentation occasion, a classic dress watch (quartz or automatic depending on preference) would be a better choice.
Seiko fan.....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
Anything but plastic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
What is a presentation occasion?
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »
What is a presentation occasion?

IMHO, a gift or a presentation (boardroom presentation etc etc.....)

If the OP will answer better.....
Seiko fan.....

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:08:12 PM »
Most of the time, for official events, we would be wearing long sleeve shirts so our watches would be under the cuffs. So I don't see what was the fuss about wearing G-Shocks or any other Syok-sendiri watches for the matter. I normally wear my DJs or Sub/SD during royal audiences with HM Sultans, but I have also worn my G-Rangeman in meetings with Governers, etc. As long as the watches fit under the cuffs (and even G-Shocks could fit albeit tighter), what was all the fuss about really? I remembered once that a Regent made a positive remark about a Seiko piece that I was wearing then, and all the others in the meeting sporting other more expensive collectible Swiss pieces must have thought WTH?!  :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:11:13 PM by D'Andy »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »
Most of the time, for official events, we would be wearing long sleeve shirts so our watches would be under the cuffs. So I don't see what was the fuss about wearing G-Shocks or any other Syok-sendiri watches for the matter. I normally wear my DJs or Sub/SD during royal audiences with HM Sultans, but I have also worn my G-Rangeman in meetings with Governers, etc. As long as the watches fit under the cuffs (and even G-Shocks could fit albeit tighter), what was all the fuss about really? I remembered once that a Regent made a positive remark about a Seiko piece that I was wearing then, and all the others in the meeting sporting other more expensive collectible Swiss pieces must have thought WTH?!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Well said bro.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 06:56:45 AM »
if you have other watches other than G-shock, then why must you wear your G-shock for presentation?

if your only watch is a G-shock then either you wear it or leave it.

purposely buying another watch just for presentation doesn't make sense.

unless you are waiting for this excuse to get a new watch then your time has come.

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 07:00:08 AM »
unless you are waiting for this excuse to get a new watch then your time has come.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 05:05:15 AM »
Anything but plastic....

But my ex Austrian CFO wear plastic Swatch for presentation. :)

The simple and plastic Swatch.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:09 AM »
Anything but plastic....

But my ex Austrian CFO wear plastic Swatch for presentation. :)

The simple and plastic Swatch.

Your right..it actually does not matter. Come to think of it, I did wear my suunto T1D to do a presentation to a load of VVIPs in a very formal setting.

What matters in the confidence you have when giving a presentation. If wearing a g shock helps, by all mean wear it with pride.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
What matters in the confidence you have when giving a presentation. If wearing a g shock helps, by all mean wear it with pride.

I would opine that you have nailed it here. At the end of the day, it's all in the personal presenter's confidence and connectability with the intended audience.

For the longest times during my career formation years, I have been a one-watch-guy (I had other watches but I always reached for the same o' piece) and my trusty Seiko had followed me everywhere for meetings and presentations, from Malaysia to Europe to SEA and back. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that I had to go through much hassle to find the expertise to re-set the perpetual calendar functionality during a battery change (the original battery lasted a good 7 years!), I may not have started exploring other watches and be where I was today. I have matured lots since my "Seiko busy dial" days and regardless, it's been a good horological adventure nonetheless.