Author Topic: So weird! While Omexx are at least 15% off, Rolex SS are out of stock!  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Cocas

;D

It's kind of pity Omexx that even at 15% discount, consumers still pass it and willing to wait for Rolex SS.

In fact , some high end Omexx can have more than 15% discount.

:)

Offline bryanL

its true that we're living in the era of "The money's on where the hype is"  ;D

Offline Potential_Highlight

To be fair, the entire Swiss watch industry is based on hype, in general

Put a Tissot logo on a Valjoux 7750 movement, and it makes for a very affordable watch. Slap an Omega/IWC/Breitling logo on the same movement, and watch the price of the piece jump tenfold

Offline Cocas

Put a Tissot logo on a Valjoux 7750 movement, and it makes for a very affordable watch. Slap an Omega/IWC/Breitling logo on the same movement, and watch the price of the piece jump tenfold

Yup, fully agree. Look at their brands ambassador, believe their paycheck are different levels too. :)

Offline dpkong

;D

It's kind of pity Omexx that even at 15% discount, consumers still pass it and willing to wait for Rolex SS.

In fact , some high end Omexx can have more than 15% discount.

:)

When the RRP is double what buyers think it's worth, 15% off isn't gonna make the fish bite.

I do fancy some of the Liquidmetal chrono models but I feel the RRP is a bit too high

Offline dpkong

Offline Cocas

Offline bryanL

Yup, u r absolutely right. But with luxuries, that's how it works. A well made affordables might have the same quality but you'll never get the brand recognition or self satisfaction/accomplishment when wearing/using them.

The hype is more apparent in secondary market whereby certain models from Rolex, AP, PP are demanding exorbitant price way above their RRP and yet people are queuing for them. Are their qualities better than others on the same brand scale? Maybe not but the hype certainly is :)

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline dexson

Perceived value makes all the difference here.. People pay for the status and the "upclass" look they have on their wrists.
When you say name of the brand, R immediately represents luxury wheres O just presented as "expansive" watch brand at most.

Regardless of tech, specs and RRP pricing structure, the society is what it is now..

Offline Cocas

This is how wrist watch buying trend is heading to.

Like buying a house that is not just for the purpose of own use and staying but also a test of individual sharp investment sense-which purchase can hit jackpot and get the good return in future.

Perceived value makes all the difference here.. People pay for the status and the "upclass" look they have on their wrists.
When you say name of the brand, R immediately represents luxury wheres O just presented as "expansive" watch brand at most.

Regardless of tech, specs and RRP pricing structure, the society is what it is now..
It actually depends on the audience.

To the general public, yes, Rolex is synonymous with luxury. But with some watch collectors, Rolex is regarded as a pimp watch. It all depends on who is your audience

Offline dpkong

To the general public, yes, Rolex is synonymous with luxury. But with some watch collectors, Rolex is regarded as a pimp watch. It all depends on who is your audience

Rolex is no luxury watch.. it's a very well made and reliable tool watch.

Offline dexson

I Agree with you. But too bad many think otherwise..

Just to share an ironic case with you.. Had a discussion with a fello MWF member in whatsapp today... Both of us bumped into this article and started a short discussion.. he said to me.. ever wonder why vintage rolex with oxidized/flakes of lume stained on dial are called "stardust" and demanded super premium price ?

And you compare this to a vintage pam nowdays.. its rock bottom..

This really hits me..

Offline dpkong

Just to share an ironic case with you.. Had a discussion with a fello MWF member in whatsapp today... Both of us bumped into this article and started a short discussion.. he said to me.. ever wonder why vintage rolex with oxidized/flakes of lume stained on dial are called "stardust" and demanded super premium price ?

This really hits me..

Do not confuse supply and demand with luxury...

Offline dexson

This really hits me..

What I'm trying to say is its all about perceived value Bro.

Offline Cocas

This really hits me..

Yes, true.

Just to add on.

Many perceived values are supported by the intrinsic value.

Exactly my point - it all depends on the audience

Offline dpkong

This really hits me..

Also do not confuse value with luxury..

For eg., a Hermes ostrich skin Birkin is luxury, but it is useless to a man and of no value, but it still remains a luxury.

Offline swleong

To sum it all up (if I can)

1) SS Sports Model Rolex watches are well made reliable Tool Watches
2) Precious metals Rolex watches (sports or non-sports model) are Luxury Watches.
3) SS Sports Model Rolex watches prices at 2nd Hand/grey market are at Luxury Watch level.
4) Buy SS Sports Model Rolex watches at AD with MSRP is winning lottery.
5) Buy SS Sports Model Rolex watches at 2nd Hand/grey market is tycoon.

;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:10:57 PM by swleong »

Offline Cocas

2) Precious metals Rolex watches (sports or non-sports model) are Luxury Watches.
3) SS Sports Model Rolex watches prices at 2nd Hand/grey market are at Luxury Watch level.

;D

Lol well said :thumbsup:

Many people now still go for "Rolex Lottery", as times go by, getting a high premium price Rolex SS is within reach at grey market but that will not satisfy some people desire to be his watch first owner.

The experience of getting a very own brand new watch at its boutique is totally different .

Offline G.MAC

;D

Many people now still go for "Rolex Lottery", as times go by, getting a high premium price Rolex SS is within reach at grey market but that will not satisfy some people desire to be his watch first owner.

The experience of getting a very own brand new watch at its boutique is totally different .

I agree. But the least I would expect is for a BNIB piece to not have a named warranty card. I am already with it being dated but having a name on it really peeves me off. I am already paying a huge premium for one and if the piece available has a named card, it might as well sell at pre-owned prices instead. For this reason, I have been putting off the purchase for a sports model for now.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

;D

No.5 includes a lot of "investors" ...

Now too many people think "investing" in a Rolex watch is a good bet. The grey dealer's sales pitch is always that angle.. that the price will only increase and give you a bit of history on how the Daytona has appreciated over the years and anyone with cash to spare will jump on the bandwagon with any sport Rolex.

Of course they're not gonna tell you how some buyers who bet on the 116710 actually lost a bit of money when the grey market prices corrected a bit after the initial jump. And if rumours that more SS Rolex will be available on the market next year turn out to be true then more are going to get burned.

Offline ethan89

;D

I agree. But the least I would expect is for a BNIB piece to not have a named warranty card. I am already with it being dated but having a name on it really peeves me off. I am already paying a huge premium for one and if the piece available has a named card, it might as well sell at pre-owned prices instead. For this reason, I have been putting off the purchase for a sports model for now.
The new Rolex/Tudor warranty card now do not included the Land Code and Name of Purchaser anymore.  :thumbsup:

Offline dpkong

;D

The new Rolex/Tudor warranty card now do not included the Land Code and Name of Purchaser anymore.  :thumbsup:

What is land code?

Name of purchaser is still there...

Offline aramis

I just got year 2020 preowned tudor and there's no name on the card, or at least the owner didn't put down his name.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk