Author Topic: Is this forum dying?  (Read 12221 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Is this forum dying?
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 08:47:11 PM »
can't beat them so better just join them huh??

:Laughing_on_floor:

Who is old timer?

The trend move away to show off in social media
Discussion on watches is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:38 AM »
Sorry to bring this up but I see very little activity here and was just wondering...
Thought that it would be a vibrant community but it seems that it's not the case.

Agreed, i used to be a silent reader of this forum and i am pretty sad to see it being inactive recently. Guess we definitely need more participants to come in and post and initiate meaningful discussions. I guess meet ups would be another way to boost traffic while growing our member's base ?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »
Sorry to bring this up but I see very little activity here and was just wondering...
Thought that it would be a vibrant community but it seems that it's not the case.

Agreed, i used to be a silent reader of this forum and i am pretty sad to see it being inactive recently. Guess we definitely need more participants to come in and post and initiate meaningful discussions. I guess meet ups would be another way to boost traffic while growing our member's base ?

As a silent reader you're sad there's little participation in the group and no one is posting anything for you to read?

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2020, 07:55:27 AM »
I kinda want to be more active on this forum and post more pics but the pic sharing system here probably needs an update. It's a bit of a hassle to upload to another site, copy the link from that site and then repost it to this site. Might be a minor inconvenience but nothing beats immediately being able to upload the pic to a post.

Also had quite a few problems with sharing, either it doesn't work, or I have to reupload to the alternative site a few times etc. So it really puts me off posting. Sigh.

Short rant
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2020, 07:57:47 AM »
I agree hence I switch to tapatalk to post photos when necessary. Still, it is a hassle.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2020, 08:22:16 AM »
I kinda want to be more active on this forum and post more pics but the pic sharing system here probably needs an update. It's a bit of a hassle to upload to another site, copy the link from that site and then repost it to this site. Might be a minor inconvenience but nothing beats immediately being able to upload the pic to a post.

Also had quite a few problems with sharing, either it doesn't work, or I have to reupload to the alternative site a few times etc. So it really puts me off posting. Sigh.

Short rant

I guess it's an old system and just not worth to upgrade. Nobody is paying for it anyway... pity.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
This seems like a depressing way to start the weekend  :'(

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but only recently felt that I could probably "berani kan diri" and register and start posting. It does feel like there's not a lot of traffic outside of the sales sub.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »
This seems like a depressing way to start the weekend  :'(

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but only recently felt that I could probably "berani kan diri" and register and start posting. It does feel like there's not a lot of traffic outside of the sales sub.

It's been dying for a long time. The general pattern now is that a new member will join, then a flurry of activity and then said new member will post in the WTS sub then silence again.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
It's a forum after all. Closed friends and bro get together and chit chat here, and some come in and sell their old watches, and some seeking for professional advice... etc. Sometimes  crowded, sometimes deserted. But all info that shared at MWF is for sure would help the newbie in watch collection hobby. :thumbsup:

Offline tllee4567

• Freshie
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »
If everyone here does a post a day, the forum will be active in no time. It all begins with you.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2020, 07:13:29 AM »
Important is quality post!
If thing repeating, ppl will get bored

Now most moved on to the FB group
Probably easier to post
But many didn’t realise the danger
In forum is easier to stay anonymous

While fb u hv everything about your life there

Anyway, we live in society, really can’t avoid social media app nowadays

We do hv malaysia watch forum members group in fb now...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2020, 07:36:01 AM »
That’s why the only active topic is WRUW...

On FB, not many would post nice or expensive watch wrist shot unless they live in a fortress or using a separate FB account

Offline Conscript

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2020, 01:19:37 PM »

On FB, not many would post nice or expensive watch wrist shot unless they live in a fortress or using a separate FB account

Yes quite scary because ppl can actually track which area/fav spot you hangout , if not mistaken when you post on a FB Public watch group all your friends/family can see , not everyone on your fb friend list is a watch person , they might think you are showing off , so i only choose to post on Private FB watch group . Stay safe guys

Offline roystock

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2020, 04:17:21 PM »

Yes quite scary because ppl can actually track which area/fav spot you hangout , if not mistaken when you post on a FB Public watch group all your friends/family can see , not everyone on your fb friend list is a watch person , they might think you are showing off , so i only choose to post on Private FB watch group . Stay safe guys
Indeed. That's the reason I have zero wristshot on my FB. If needed, will post one with my Seiko SKX007.

Offline c4all

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
A forum can be more than just an avenue for posting pictures. It can also be an information hub especially on sharing experiences on watches. This is an expensive hobby and I don't think I have the money to buy every watch that tickles my fancy. It is nice to live vicariously through others who own these pieces. One of the post that I love reading is on the good experience with the Vacheron Constantin boutique. It surely drives me to want to be able to purchase a piece from this brand one day. Also scanned through the older posts but most of the information from these posts are now outdated.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »

Indeed. That's the reason I have zero wristshot on my FB. If needed, will post one with my Seiko SKX007.
I hardly hv my face on fb
Hardly hv my watch on fb

But fb watch group I do post and discuss watches
Especially groups I controlling
malaysia watch forum member group 
MyRolex
 MyBR0