Author Topic: Seiko Presage SSA303J1 (similar models SSA305J1, SSA306J1, SSA308J1 and SSA309J1  (Read 12094 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
The Presage line by Seiko is one of the few subsets of Seiko that has not gotten the same global adulation like the Grand Seiko, Prospex and Seiko 5 families. This was due to the fact that Presage was reserved for the Japanese domestic market. However, this unfortunate situation has been reversed with the sub-brand now being made available to the global market as well.

The Presage line carries only mechanical powered watches. The design is more towards formal wear with a tinge of sportiness. From a price point of view, it is placed between the Premier and the Prospex lines. Some of the manufacturing technologies, materials as well as high-end mechanical movements that are hallmarks of the Grand Seiko and Credor lines can sometime be found in the Presage line while maintaining the price window. Items such as enamelling and polishing techniques, use of Sapphire crystals as well as derivatives of the best mechanical movements can be found in some models of Presage. This makes the Presage one of the most value-for-money timepieces to get if you want to collect some of the technologies and materials used by Seiko in their higher-end lines. The ā€œJā€ code on the model reference for this watch is indicative of the manufacturing origin which is in Japan.

The SSA303J1 uses the new 4R57 movement. This movement has a power reserve complication that shares the same central axis as the other three hands on the watch.

For more visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.my/2016/11/seiko-presage-ssa303j1-similar-models.html
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline sianglee

Saw similar watch at a shop near Jalan Raja Laut. But abit pricely, tagged with RM 2,200. SSA309J1 60th years anniversary version limited productionn 3000units .
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:08:37 PM by sianglee »

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Due to the LE factor and the beautiful blue dial it could be hard press to find a cheaper source. Not seen this particular piece in Mid Valley though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Jedirat

My Presage SRQ019J1 say hi.

Offline mwfchai

Thts a ltd edition....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Jedirat

Thts a ltd edition....

Yes, limited to 1,000. Got it from Japan.

Offline Cocas

Saw similar watch at a shop near Jalan Raja Laut. But abit pricely, tagged with RM 2,200. SSA309J1 60th years anniversary version limited productionn 3000units .

Johor bahru here is more worse, the RRP before discount is RM2650.

I find it blue dial beautiful but the watch seems very thick on wrist.

Offline Sterimar

It's a very shiny watch. The rose gold colored hands and markers really stand out in most lighting conditions. The blue dial appears dark except under the sun.

?????

Offline Isaac Tan

• Freshie

Bro Jedirat, very nice limited edition indeed, is this version only sold in Japan?

Offline DannyDar

may I know where can I find seiko presage watch?

Offline damagpie

Which model are you looking for?

Isetan outlets usually have. Also City Chain and Hang Thai watches.

I have a Seiko Presage SARW013 which is beautiful :)

Offline damagpie

My Seiko Presage SARW013 :)

Offline Jedirat

Bro Jedirat, very nice limited edition indeed, is this version only sold in Japan?

Sorry bro for the late reply, was traveling. This version was brought into Malaysia but was informed only a handful of them and was all grabbed by the collectors. RRP was RM12xxx. as stated in Seiko Malaysia Facebook.

Offline kamilnu

Can check SeiyaJapan.com for this model price. Don't think its RRP is RM12xxx a pop.

Offline jonyeoh94

• Freshie
Seiko released a new line of the Presage watches inspired by the classic cocktail time this year
https://www.seikowatches.com/press_release/2017/RLS1703-08/index.html

Offline artyca

Thts a ltd edition....

Yes, limited to 1,000. Got it from Japan.

You're lucky to have gotten your hands on one. I believe they are all sold out already....

Offline cooper28

I found this model still can buy from certain website....maybe u check xxxxxw24...