Author Topic: The Junghans Telemeter review  (Read 3856 times)

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
The Junghans Telemeter review
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »
For the story of Junghans: could refer to the previous thread: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,10180.0.html

I am instantly captured by the telemeter beauty shot from Junghans when I first saw it, as it is the first "sporty" model from Junghans that comes with the signature domed plexiglass.

It was a reproduction of the 1950's model which was back then using the J88 in-house movement,

A wrist shot wit the ancestors poster advertisement....

The case size is of 40.8mm is just great to be able to give some breathing space for the busy dial with telemeter tachymeter. The Height is around 12.6mm thanks to the slim work horse inside, it wear "taller" than it seems because of the case construction, a tapered 2 piece case construction, the back case is hidden and block by the front piece which as per below picture.

[/img]

The dial is not plain white but silverish with circular grain, as well as the subdial with finer circular grain. Both the indexes and hands are painted with the thick "faux patina" luminous substance, where it further compliment the retro looks of the watch, the luminous on the hands are better than the indexes. Personally I like the exclusion of date from the watch as I think inclusion a date window at any part of the dial would affect the overall design of the telemeter.

The readability is great as the hands are in greyish and in high polish that form contrast from the matt silverish dial. On the Movement ticking inside is the slim 2892 with DD chrono module or a 2894.   

If I were to complain..it would be the lug size : 21mm   :Mad: (the watch comes with a comfy calf leather, pictures above is with a 3rd party strap)

A few shot and a Max Bill Chronoscope side by side :Cheers: :Cheers:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:33:13 AM by TJWN »

Offline mono

• Freshie
Re: The Junghans Telemeter review
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
Thank you for sharing such a good looking watch,  nice review and great pictures.Yes, the lug size is a problem , but then you can save money on strap change, it can be quite addicting.. ;)

Offline Timeless

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
case shape looks balance and like the patina font alot..

Offline mike

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
This is a really beautiful watch. Thanks for the review.
Does it have the same domed crystal face design like the max bills?

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »

Yes it does, could refer to the 5th and 6th picture.
Even the dial is slightly dome shaped and the tip of the central second hand is slightly bent, hard to capture this in picture, you have to look at the real watch itself  ;D

Offline mike

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 08:19:54 PM »

Yes it does, could refer to the 5th and 6th picture.
Even the dial is slightly dome shaped and the tip of the central second hand is slightly bent, hard to capture this in picture, you have to look at the real watch itself  ;D
Could you PM me the amount you have paid for the piece? Thanks!