Author Topic: Let's talk property  (Read 93569 times)

Offline zen

• Freshie
Re: Let's talk property
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

My advice is "don't wait to buy property, buy it now and wait"

You won't get caught in bubble pop, if you know the investment game.

Bits of advice with a caveat thrown in. Smart!

Hahaha...
Ok..here some points for mwf members
Rule no 1: Have a plan.
Rule no 2: Do your homework. (Read, survey, view etc etc) Don't just follow others blindly.
Rule no 3: Work closely with your experience agent/negotiator.

Before you know it, you will be owning properties one after another.  :Cheers:

We talked bout developer internal booking prior to release to public. Directors, staff, loyal customers, business associates and suppliers always get the 1st bite. It is a fact. Some get bigger discount and some may not.

It is common and is within the rules. Developers are in the business to make money. The unsold units are release to the general public. While we may cry foul and it is also within our rights to say so.

Thats how the capitalist system works. I mean, if our g/f or family members are some big shots, we also hope to get the priviledge. Years back I know some top developers did not allow pre-booking but it is a different game now.

Today new launch properties are priced almost same or above sub sale w sexy finishes & design thrown in. They are better informed and really go for the 'kill'. A common denominator - profits n more profits.

This is corporate Malaysia, my friends.

Sm

For Directors and landowner (if JV), they do pick some units for themself to sell or rent in future.
For staff, I doubt it. Say booking fees is RM5k, 10 units will be RM50k. Recent hot property booking fees gone up to RM15k-20k. Can they really afford to lose it, if they couldn't sell back to the public within the time frame? Or maybe they could buy 1 or 2 units each.
So why most of the time when the property launching day you couldn't find any good units left or all sold out? Here are the marketing strategy and main reason. Months before launching, the developer marketing have been seeing people in real estate agency, investors group and etc to tight up with agent to promote their property. Believe it or not, some individual investor buy in bulk (5-20 units) at a go and some investor group buy in block (whole block or half block), if its a good location property and the price is right. Of course this translate to slightly more discount.
If you are into property investment / buying for own stay, I do suggest you work closely with your experience agent. :Cheers:

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Can anyone PM me some recommended experienced R.E. agent?

Cheers.

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
has anyone of you living in Klang Valley consider investing JB , especially the Iskandar area ? The property prices now are going up higher & higher there. I think soon JB will probably be like Zhu Hai :Startled:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »
has anyone of you living in Klang Valley consider investing JB , especially the Iskandar area ? The property prices now are going up higher & higher there. I think soon JB will probably be like Zhu Hai :Startled:

how soon?

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
Iskandar area?
I think starting now already getting hot, hotter by the day.
With Legoland and all...
One need to see and survey the place to believe it.
If only I can afford the time.

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »

how soon?
Should be pretty soon , the last i was down in JB couple of weeks ago , saw many positive changes to the city , rapid development around Nusajaya area , legoland , new universities & other major development. For shopping there is a premium outlet being highly promoted there , a lot of locals & foreigners are going down south to JB so no need to cross the border :thumbsup:

Iskandar area?
I think starting now already getting hot, hotter by the day.
With Legoland and all...
One need to see and survey the place to believe it.
If only I can afford the time.
Agree!..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:40:59 AM by RaymondT »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:40 PM »
15 yrs ago the major infra in nusajaya already done
At that time, Johor property is still very very low... I still remember the bungalow lot is selling around rm 20psf in Ledang heights...
Many investor from around the world is watching... Many mou signed, include the universal studio!!! But none materialise

Most industrial did not get attention despite heavy promotion in big Malaysia n Singapore

Even after the state admin was moved there, it's still like ghost town

Roughy 6 yrs ago, Islandar region formed n announced... The attention is back but no body take the first step... The push is to attract hot money from Arab and spore
But many deal never materialise still... Deal signed but no money in...
Land selling ard rm130psf

But for the past 2-3 yrs... After property price surge in spore and Msia
N Lego land near completion, Newcastle university started work... Road connecting to danga bay completing...

KL investor keep buying those nearer to danga bay as well as state admin centre...

N with the opening of Johor premium outlet n Lego land brought in a lot of tourist...

Yes! It is hot... Land price is 3 fold as compared to 3 yrs ago..

But work investing?
Buy service apt? Buy condo? Buy office? Or buy shops?
Or buy landed residential?

Will the property price appreciate when it deliver 3 yrs later? Can get good rental?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »
Good questions posed by chris.

Only time will tell.
IMO, the whole place is slowing being developed. But will the price appreciated fast enough to a level worth investing? If buy property for rental, which is better - landed or condo style abode?
Where are the places worth investing - near universities? industrial areas? commercial hubs?
All these requires time to go down JB to survey and then make informed decision.

Just my 2 sen of opinion.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »
Normally ppl with guts make big money...
Die die buy first... Lol

If I m going to invest now, Klang valley still my target... Easier to monitor!

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
Normally ppl with guts make big money...
Die die buy first... Lol

If I m going to invest now, Klang valley still my target... Easier to monitor!

Totally agreed with you, personally  :Cheers:
But in recent month, I have some foreign investors asking me to get properties and land for them around Iskandar area. Early bird get the worm mentality. Hahaha
Anyway, I will be going down to have a survey soon since my company have tight up with a few developers new launch recently.

Good questions posed by chris.

Only time will tell.
IMO, the whole place is slowing being developed. But will the price appreciated fast enough to a level worth investing? If buy property for rental, which is better - landed or condo style abode?
Where are the places worth investing - near universities? industrial areas? commercial hubs?
All these requires time to go down JB to survey and then make informed decision.

Just my 2 sen of opinion.

IMHO, All properties are good. There is no which is better than the others. It's depend on your appetite. High risk, high gain.  :Cheers:

Can anyone PM me some recommended experienced R.E. agent?

Cheers.

You can pm me and we go yamcha.

Offline ronaldindin

• Freshie
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
my place here which is a small town in perak most of the property went up more than 50percent too but it depends on area.

A landed double storey can cost rm400k easily. previously was around 200k
12Bet.com - Proud Sponsor of Wigan Athletic!

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 08:32:23 PM »
my place here which is a small town in perak most of the property went up more than 50percent too but it depends on area.

A landed double storey can cost rm400k easily. previously was around 200k

Where in Perak? Me from Ipoh.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2013, 08:53:18 AM »
maybe canning garden or ipoh garden

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »
Canning Garden where got so cheap at 200k to begin with?

Offline KamLoong

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
I think it really depends on the size of the houses at canning garden or ipoh garden. Those semi d types definately worth more than 200k but alot of the houses there single storey terrace type, think still can get. I myself most of the time will fly in to penang......kakakaka...scouring for a good place in penang. But seems like the market in penang is fueled by investors. Conincidently i noticed the boom started in 2008 in penang after tracking the prices movements. Apartments and condos in Penang are not for rental yield, its for capital appreciation. Really hot thanks to those upscale projects here. How hot? Saw an apartment, nice quint place, something like those Usj court apartments or walk up apartments but with lift. Asking 500k for 1100sq ft. KL can still get at 300k. age bout 8 yrs old. Distance is like staying in the suburbs, adjusted for penang island size.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
Nowadays at the usj area, a budget of rm300k will get you nothing much. Those usj courts apartment takes more than that.

Recently, I was in the market for a nice condo (+1100sqft) on ground level with pool view takes rm500k+. After signing signing up the agreement form to buy/sell and a 2% deposit, the seller FFK (abort) and paid the compensation. Now I am back to square one.

Less than a year and half ago, those walk-up apartment at the usj courts at 650 sq ft takes only rm60-80k. Now the same units takes rm 140-170k...all because the LRT comes to town.

Sometimes, I feel whether it blessed or otherwise for those staying near these LRT stations...with the noise level and human traffic increases to many folds...

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
Nowadays at the usj area, a budget of rm300k will get you nothing much. Those usj courts apartment takes more than that.

Recently, I was in the market for a nice condo (+1100sqft) on ground level with pool view takes rm500k+. After signing signing up the agreement form to buy/sell and a 2% deposit, the seller FFK (abort) and paid the compensation. Now I am back to square one.

Less than a year and half ago, those walk-up apartment at the usj courts at 650 sq ft takes only rm60-80k. Now the same units takes rm 140-170k...all because the LRT comes to town.

Sometimes, I feel whether it blessed or otherwise for those staying near these LRT stations...with the noise level and human traffic increases to many folds...

dc

The seller refund double for that?

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »
Chris...

Seller pay same value as per deposit to be shared by buyer and agent.(written on contract).

I take back my deposit.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
Chris...

Seller pay same value as per deposit to be shared by buyer and agent.(written on contract).

I take back my deposit.

dc

U shd make sure the contract to hv
1. Double refund
Or
2. With specific performance clause

These r common, many seller flip in booming market especially lease hold property

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2013, 08:33:12 AM »
Chris...

I take back my deposit.

dc

U shd make sure the contract to hv
1. Double refund
Or
2. With specific performance clause

These r common, many seller flip in booming market especially lease hold property

IMHO, just to share
1) if the vendor/seller signed the letter offer to purchase and agreed by special clause, then maybe you can ask for double. If he (vendor) haven't sign yet, and pull out (ffk) at last minute then we cannot ask for double cos he haven't agreed to sell it to you. Same as when purchaser ask us to put a special clause like subject to loan approval. Some vendor accept it but will add other clause to this and that.
2) in any real estate agency registered under MIEA, all clause in standard agreement are fair and square to protect both parties (vendor and purchaser).

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
Thanks Zen

We just sign on the standard agreement format to buy/sell. Unless you impose certain clauses, both parties will start to add on and make things complicated.

But then, its make a lot different if the seller really need to dispose or the buyer wants the property badly.

We called it a day when the seller willing to pay compensation like a duke and the buyer accept it like a gentleman...

dc

Offline ronaldindin

• Freshie
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
how's the market for the year of 2013? price is going up and strong?
12Bet.com - Proud Sponsor of Wigan Athletic!

Offline Bigcola79

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »
Can I ask a question, I'm going to book a unit at nadayu 92, do u guys think that a good buy?

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2013, 07:01:54 AM »
I bought a unit nearby USJ as well about 1/2 months ago. Just signed SNP. Can have a look at Impian Meridian @ 470psf. It's the 2nd closest Condo to the new LRT (closest is Damen). Since Damen (700-800psf), Empire Remix & Youone (650-700psf) have skyhigh launch prices, if you can pay deposit for subsale, Impian Meridian is a good prop for investment.

I won't stay there though, the jam in front of Summit is  :HammerHead:. But once the LRT is ready, rental play is excellent for young execs and families. Right now rental is already strong because Impian Meridian is right in front of SEGI college. Rental Roi is about 5.8% which is quite good.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
My experience of staying in condos rented to college students or high student population in the project, whatever u earn would be off set by the damage done