Author Topic: my latest acquisition - a LLD no date  (Read 7181 times)

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
my latest acquisition - a LLD no date
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Longines Legend Diver - a reissue of Longines 1960 Super compressor diver watch (also known as a poor man JLC polaris)

been eyeing on this piece for somewhile, but very hard to come by... most of the AD do carry this piece BUT a with-date version. (if you manage to find one, as to my knowledge Longines is limiting its production to 100 pieces a month worldwide).

indeed, i'm excited and feeling superb today.  :Jumping:  gonna get a replacement strap tomorrow. and this piece will definitely be my company to taiwan nextweek... yeah!!

p/s: sorry for the poor pic.. dun hv camera with me now. will post up some better photo once i got home, just too excited to share the joy...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:03:07 AM by gapper »

Offline HusH

Re: my latest acquisition - a LLD no date
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »
Nice catch!

I like the hands. Here is a pic of the original which i came across recently:

Any idea which movement is it using? ETA 2824 or 2892?

Yes, more pics please. You're on a buying spree I see...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
eta 2824-2

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
Thats the best looking Longines in the current line up.
For the price i would rather get this than the U1 haha...
Nice pick up!

The ori strap is such a fitting piece, so what kinda strap you looking to change to?

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »
here's the brief unboxing session...

i got to tell you guys, this is a big yet heavy box i hv ever own as a watch box. the presentation of everything is really good.

here's the bottom compartment for the watch warranty booklet and the international warranty card with AD shopname preprinted on it.

open up, the watch is laying on it facing at its new owner... hi.. hotty! hehe...

the silver plate spell its identity clearly without exaggerating the name.

lift the upper part of the watch storage platform, a hidden chamber found! look what i found inside? THE BOOK OF EXPLOITS!

hardcover, big, thick story telling book - The Longines Sports Collection

here the non-frilled identity of the watch itself, a non-date Longines Legend Diver. measuring at 42mm without crowns... which is the size i like the most. 300m WR.

top crown controls the inner bezel... bottom crown for time settings. both are screw-in ofcox, it a diver watch anyway

another view...

and... another view... to presenting its identity

the back side... the diver with spear...

here's the oem synthetic strap with the solid buckle.. the buckle is kind of sharp that tend to 'cut' the strap... and the strap is kind of loose even with the tightest hole used. (but this issue has been rectified by longines on the latest date version, more holes offered).. but anyway.. i bought 2 hirsch straps (liberty and modena) the next day at pavilion. Got them at good discount price, since i bought 3 straps with them previously n i'm their member.

using the classic strap now... leaving the rougher aside as of now... lug is 22mm for LLD.

some side by side snap with the citizen i acquired in jp recently...

lume shot is a must... allow me... as usual.. lumibrite.. very bright.

and the stingy LLD lume...

overall, i feel great wearing it. i bought it pre-owned at a very attractive price which i never expect at all.
this will be the keeper for sure, i think i'm fulfilled... atleast for this few months.

hopefully i won't encounter any 'grail' this coming friday to taiwan... else... the burning hole in my pocket would be a big damage then.

just to share on this piece, although it's not something as hefty as jlc or ap, but i felt like i got my grail this year (been searching for one quite somewhile ago).. and i hope you are getting yours anytime this year. wear in good health everyone. :)

Offline JPSP

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »
here's the brief unboxing session...

i got to tell you guys, this is a big yet heavy box i hv ever own as a watch box. the presentation of everything is really good.

here's the bottom compartment for the watch warranty booklet and the international warranty card with AD shopname preprinted on it.

open up, the watch is laying on it facing at its new owner... hi.. hotty! hehe...

the silver plate spell its identity clearly without exaggerating the name.

lift the upper part of the watch storage platform, a hidden chamber found! look what i found inside? THE BOOK OF EXPLOITS!

hardcover, big, thick story telling book - The Longines Sports Collection

here the non-frilled identity of the watch itself, a non-date Longines Legend Diver. measuring at 42mm without crowns... which is the size i like the most. 300m WR.

top crown controls the inner bezel... bottom crown for time settings. both are screw-in ofcox, it a diver watch anyway

another view...

and... another view... to presenting its identity

the back side... the diver with spear...

here's the oem synthetic strap with the solid buckle.. the buckle is kind of sharp that tend to 'cut' the strap... and the strap is kind of loose even with the tightest hole used. (but this issue has been rectified by longines on the latest date version, more holes offered).. but anyway.. i bought 2 hirsch straps (liberty and modena) the next day at pavilion. Got them at good discount price, since i bought 3 straps with them previously n i'm their member.

using the classic strap now... leaving the rougher aside as of now... lug is 22mm for LLD.

some side by side snap with the citizen i acquired in jp recently...

lume shot is a must... allow me... as usual.. lumibrite.. very bright.

and the stingy LLD lume...

overall, i feel great wearing it. i bought it pre-owned at a very attractive price which i never expect at all.
this will be the keeper for sure, i think i'm fulfilled... atleast for this few months.

hopefully i won't encounter any 'grail' this coming friday to taiwan... else... the burning hole in my pocket would be a big damage then.

just to share on this piece, although it's not something as hefty as jlc or ap, but i felt like i got my grail this year (been searching for one quite somewhile ago).. and i hope you are getting yours anytime this year. wear in good health everyone. :)

i've to say that this is one of the more attractive and sought after models from longines...once again, congrats for owning it!

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »
hush,
as per taikor yen... it's a 2834.

takashi78,
a pair of hirsch :) but i'm looking at maratec now.. look quite oem to the original strap.. and it fits my wrist.. not like the original strap.. too loose.

JPSP,
thanks.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
Correct me...for LLD

No Date - Sapphire glass.
With Date - Plastic lens?

Above was told by the sales person at pavilion

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:29:29 AM »
Hi Gapper, can you PM me how much you paid for the straps?
I still cant put down so much cash looking the prices....

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »
Classic diver and nice catch gapper  :thumbsup: Mind to share the price via PM?  :Cheers:

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
Correct me...for LLD

No Date - Sapphire glass.
With Date - Plastic lens?

Above was told by the sales person at pavilion

dc

dc, according to their website, both come with sapphire.
http://www.longines.com/watches/sports-legends/L3.674.4.50.0
http://www.longines.com/watches/sports-legends/L3.674.4.56.3

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »
all got PMs.  ;D

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »
Hi Gapper, mind to PM me the price for u LLD??