Author Topic: Sinn Arktis new arrival  (Read 7823 times)

Offline besview

Sinn Arktis new arrival
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
Hi folks,

Cannot seem to take this off my wrist .The blue is a cool glacier blue and the blue strap compliments the dial nicely.Amazing accuracy as well..+2 sec the 4 days I've had it and hope it stays that way.Hope you like the pics

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Sinn Arktis new arrival
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
hi,
I thought this model has been available for last 5 yrs..
Did u get it in KL through the official AD; THG?

Selling your GO Sport Evolution for this?
I also had a Sinn 144 Titanium but rebranded Bell & Ross also on a Vj7750. Sold it some time back...it also had a Ar capsule
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline besview

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »
It is old to some but new to me.Can't get in KL so had to buy from the US.My GO has to go as it looks too similar to my Yachtmaster..see?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »
It is old to some but new to me.

Congrats. It is a nice watch. Actually it is a beautiful watch. The only thing I don't understand about the watch is the water resistant rating. It is rated at 10 ATM although it has the trip lock crown. Some people consider the Yacht-Master as Rolex attempt at a Submariner homage. Do wear it with good health and wealth.

Offline besview

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
Exactly!Maybe Rolex wants to downplay its WR rating since it is dressy.I bet it can go down to 300 m bit no one will wear this diving. This is my favourite dressy diver and found myself wearing it more and more to official functions etc.

Many frens of mine at 1st glance thought my GO is the Yachtmaster lol til they had a closer look.Tired of the black divers I have had and my next is the sub ceramic LV.Lets go green :Cheers:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »
amazing watch + amazing pictures  :thumbsup:
enjoy ur beautiful watch !

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
both are beautiful pieces....

so you would not be missing the big date and wonderful bracelet of the GO?

It is old to some but new to me.Can't get in KL so had to buy from the US.My GO has to go as it looks too similar to my Yachtmaster..see?

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline besview

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
Oh yes,will definitely miss the heft of the GO's bracelet and the super legible big date.The bracelet is solid throughout and clasp micro adjustable.

Pics look good coz of the camera lah :thumbsup:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
i must say the bracelet is way cool with the hidden button. alot of praise is heaped on the glidelock but not enough is said of the GO's bracelet. a beauty in both look and design.

the pieces are beautiful to begin  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so taking good photos of it is not hard

the Arktis is a beautiful piece too..noticed that most Sinn techs in the Frankfurt factory wears the Arktis. So they must think very highly of it in the company to be wearing it themselves.

congrats in the new piece and here's hoping your GO finds a good home soon  :thumbsup:

Offline besview

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:28 AM »
Lucky of you to have visited the Sinn factory I presume?I am no stranger to the glidelock as I also have the Sub ceramic  which uses a better system,pull down and slide...so easy!!The GO is a little trickier but easy nontheless.Said it before and worth saying again..the GO bracelet ROCKS!!! :Cheers:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 01:39:50 AM »
Yeah, it's a cool lil' factory. Luckily it's only 2 stops away from my hotel. Too bad I do not have the opportunity to go there again. Can get a lot of freebies.. hardcover desktop catalogues, cheaper factory prices, playing with the entire production line up, complimentary bottle of German Riesling.......

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,543.msg4530.html#msg4530

Offline besview

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
That was awesome!They allowed you to take so many pics and the buffet line was incredibly scrumptious if I may add.Can anyone just walk in or prior arrangement required?

I could plan a trip there and likely to spend at least 2 hours there.Seems like a bargain compared to prices here in KL esp your PVD at that price

Offline MerzT

• Merchants
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
This piece has the " never get bored " by looking it hundreds time look

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 04:55:04 AM »
Yeah, anyone can just walk in anytime on regular opening hours. No appointment needed. On my second visit, manage to meet Lothar Schmidt.

The line up is all there for you to molest without any supervision at all. That is why you don't see anyone else in both Nayo's and my photos. Everything is self help like most northern European countries.

After deciding what you want, you just go and look for the tech inside the room and he'll bring one out from he inventory and fixed it to your fancy. Prices are very very good I must say, and the credit the full 19% VAT amount in cash to your savings account. When I was there, the U1 only cost €950 before rebate.

A visit is a must if you are ever in Frankfurt or even in transit if you have a few hours to spare. It's actually quite near the airport.

That was awesome!They allowed you to take so many pics and the buffet line was incredibly scrumptious if I may add.Can anyone just walk in or prior arrangement required?

I could plan a trip there and likely to spend at least 2 hours there.Seems like a bargain compared to prices here in KL esp your PVD at that price

Offline besview

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »
Wow,that makes tha Sinn U1 only rm3000 or so compared to list of rm8300!!Definitelyy must go and buy a few back .Thanks for sharing mate

Offline bwee

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Wow,that makes tha Sinn U1 only rm3000 or so compared to list of rm8300!!Definitelyy must go and buy a few back .Thanks for sharing mate

Hahaha... Now u know the profits the ADs are making here.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
Please note the date I bought my watch and last visit. Hahaha think there might be a slight variation in price today.  :laugh: but still would not be far I guess