Author Topic: Panerai OOR  (Read 3599 times)

Offline gunsnroses

Panerai OOR
« on: August 18, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »
Hi guys and Panerai sifus,

I was recently offered a Panerai OOR (Out of Range) model at a very good price. I tried doing some study on this online but have gotten mixed reviews on the OOR models. Safe to say, there wasn't actually very much to read about online about this.

Panerai sifus, what are your general thoughts on OOR models and do these models hold better value? Do you in particular own a OOR watch and what were the reasons you purchased it?

The Panerai in question is a Pam 061 (OOR limited to 80 pcs only).

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Panerai OOR
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »
Don't think the value would be much different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:03:54 PM »
Other than OOR status, do you really like the watch very much?

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
If one was to purchase a LE model, later found out PAM decided to do another batch under OOR how would that make you feel?

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »

Well, I went for it. Key factors being:

1. Tobacco Dial
2. Titanium (find the steel Pams a bit too heavy)
3. Black coloured hands (Love it, as I have seen the steel hands oxidise in the past but this happened mainly to Submersibles)
4. Screwed lugs rather than the newer button ones which I have heard can get stuck
5. Beautiful original croco strap with titanium buckle
6. Cushion case (prefer this to the newer 1950 cases which are too big for small wrists)
7. Seconds subdial with COSC certification (not that it really matters that much but it's good to know Panerai went a step ahead to certify this)
8. Brushed case (much better look and feel, less scratches can be seen)

What's not to like? Coupled with it being OOR, that's a nice touch to have. Basically, it's the perfect Pam for me. Only downside is no date but I can live with that.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »

Well, I went for it. Key factors being:

1. Tobacco Dial
2. Titanium (find the steel Pams a bit too heavy)
3. Black coloured hands (Love it, as I have seen the steel hands oxidise in the past but this happened mainly to Submersibles)
4. Screwed lugs rather than the newer button ones which I have heard can get stuck
5. Beautiful original croco strap with titanium buckle
6. Cushion case (prefer this to the newer 1950 cases which are too big for small wrists)
7. Seconds subdial with COSC certification (not that it really matters that much but it's good to know Panerai went a step ahead to certify this)
8. Brushed case (much better look and feel, less scratches can be seen)

What's not to like? Coupled with it being OOR, that's a nice touch to have. Basically, it's the perfect Pam for me. Only downside is no date but I can live with that.

Great! U have found your love. Just go for it :thumbsup:

Note: only when u deeply in love with something then u will be able to list out all those attracting points.

Offline myric

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »
Hi guys and Panerai sifus,

I was recently offered a Panerai OOR (Out of Range) model at a very good price. I tried doing some study on this online but have gotten mixed reviews on the OOR models. Safe to say, there wasn't actually very much to read about online about this.

Panerai sifus, what are your general thoughts on OOR models and do these models hold better value? Do you in particular own a OOR watch and what were the reasons you purchased it?

The Panerai in question is a Pam 061 (OOR limited to 80 pcs only).

Sorry guys, mind to share what is Out of Range model means? sorry for not as intelligent.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 08:56:37 AM »
Sorry guys, mind to share what is Out of Range model means? sorry for not as intelligent.
i.e Limited Edition 1000 pieces.
due to whatever reasons, they decided to issue another 10 pieces.
the addtional 10 pieces will be called OOR

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
Congratulations on obtaining a piece you love. As for the OOR, my opinion is that it depends on the desirability of the particular model. So a good yardstick would be to look at the desirability of the PAM 61 in your case to get a good idea.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy