Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: FS: Panerai Luminor Marina (PAM 111) N series with 5 Total Straps & Accessories  (Read 3889 times)

Offline bryanL

Hi,

Here is another short review plus sale post. PAM 111 is my favourite watch from Panerai. It is a watch you can dress up or dress down. I've owned several Panerai models over the years, flipped plenty of them leaving only 111 in my collection. The PAM 111 was my “grail” once, as it checks all the Panerai DNA. Perfectly sized as a 44mm Luminor Marina, it is comfortable on the wrist and the cushion case has a lot of wrist presence.

The uncluttered dial is simple and extremely legible. Between all the dials that Panerai made, the sandwich dial is the one that takes the cake. It is where the top section of the dial has cut-outs for the numerals and minute markers and is laid over a lume disc thus creating an eye pleasing 3-D effect when reading the time. Amazing as a conversation piece, a complete satisfaction everytime you look at your wrist. In the lume department, it's like a torch when charged.

The “Marina” designation in the dial refers to the sub-seconds. This sub-seconds has great historical significance. Originally the Royal Italian Navy divers who had Panerai watches appreciated them for their toughness, reliability, and underwater legibility, but there was a need for an additional improvement. They requested a sub-seconds hand to be added. This was essential in the case of underwater missions where a difference of a few seconds could be of vital importance for the success of an operation. This adds a simple but effective feature to the dial, and it also helps to quickly identify if your timepiece is running.  

Rated to 300m dive depth, it is fixed with 3.5mm thick domed sapphire. Based on the ETA 6497/2, the caliber OP XI is hand wound, features a swan neck regulator for easy and precise rate adjustment (by qualified watchmaker of course), a 56 hour power reserve, Geneva stripes on the plates, and redesigned bridges. This movement is robust, reliable, easy and inexpensive for future servicing if compared with modern Panerai inhouse movement. Best of all- its a strap monster.

Condition is like new (9.9/10). Watch is currently on Mario Paci strap (cost RM9xx bought new). Its original leather strap is unworn. As I am retiring from collecting Panerai, I am including another 3 additional straps together with buckles and spare screw bars & tubes. Thus you'll get a total of 5 straps with this sale, saving you tons of money for aftermarket straps. 

Watch comes in complete set:

- Double boxes
- Total 5 straps 
- 2 aftermarket buckles
- 2 sets of Panerai screw bars and tubes
- Panerai screwdriver
- Manual and guarantee booklet
- COSC certificate
- Barcode stickers and warranty card (stamped and dated year 2012)
- Original purchase receipt

Brand: Panerai

Model: Luminor Marina (PAM 111)

Movement: Panerai Caliber OP XI (hand-winding, 17 jewels, 56 hours power reserve)

Year: 2011 (N-series)

Size: 44 mm

Case Material: Polished Stainless Steel / Brushed Crown Guard

Crystal: Sapphire Crystal / Exhibition Sapphire Case Back

Water resistance: 300 m  

Condition: Like New 

Selling Price: RM 16 000 nett

Additional information:
I am a private watch collector/enthusiast. Buyer can opt to meet up at their preferred shop for authentication before dealing. Bank transfer preferred during F2F deal. No international deal, ONLY domestic deal. The pictures posted are of the actual watch. If you need more details or pictures, do not hesitate to whatsapp me. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline bryanL

SOLD to a nice banker. TQ MWF for the platform :) .. Tq Moderators for the facilitation.