Author Topic: Girard Perregaux Vintage 1960  (Read 4281 times)

Offline srekhraj

Girard Perregaux Vintage 1960
« on: August 29, 2020, 06:38:25 PM »
Hello fellow watch enthusiast, what are you thoughts on this time piece?

I’ve had this on repeat viewing for the past month and a half and I’m thinking of pulling the trigger. Would love to hear your thoughts on this mechanical beauty 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

Re: Girard Perregaux Vintage 1960
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
GP doesn't seem a popular brand locally. Hopefully someone with more experience chimes in. Looks nice to me though.

Offline srekhraj

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:05:00 PM »
I thought the same thing as well but when I went to meet said seller. He has a very interesting conversation with me about The Rolexes that was on display in store. His Rolexes were all “defected” units that he was selling in store and his “friend” who works in Rolex factory gave him said defected units to be sold to his most loyal customers.  That got me running out of there period.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 08:08:32 PM »
I thought the same thing as well but when I went to meet said seller. He has a very interesting conversation with me about The Rolexes that was on display in store. His Rolexes were all “defected” units that he was selling in store and his “friend” who works in Rolex factory gave him said defected units to be sold to his most loyal customers.  That got me running out of there period.

Don't even bother going back to buy that GP as it might be a defective one too...

That ROLEX story is so far fetched, I would have trouble holding back my smirk....

Offline srekhraj

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
I genuinely had to fake a passing interest in his story about the Rolex. Took one and had it under a loupe and surprise surprise... it was alas to good to be true