Author Topic: cartier santos 100  (Read 9938 times)

Offline ayajreb

cartier santos 100
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:33 AM »
I am planning to buy the beautiful cartier santos 100. Malaysia boutiques just offer me xx% discount. Is it cheaper to buy in malaysia or hong kong? Or any recommend shop which offer better discount in kl? Need advice.

[No discussion on discount ~ forum mods]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:31:33 AM by ck77 »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: cartier santos 100
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Cartier Santos 100 is a beautiful watch.
I myself almost bought one too.
Cartier discounts are tightly controlled, imho... i dun think it will differ too far from place to place.
Happy hunting
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline JeffNg

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
I bought it for my gf last year September in hk... A valuable lesson for me is that watches in Malaysia is cheaper than hk. Since then I will never pull trigger in any shop in hk anymore.

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
For men , the 100 XL would fit n look very nice. regards tony

Offline ayajreb

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
Thnks guys.... nice watch!!!!

Offline takashi24

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »
Is it worth buying this Cartier Santos 100?

I'm still cant make decision whether is a good choice owning it since Cartier is more to jewelry maker rather 100% watch maker. I felt is better to buy Panerai since I havent have one yet.

By the way, there is not much info on this Cartier Santos 100 spec like what movement, in-house or ETA, power reserve how long...etc. Hope someone can share their opinion. Thx.

Offline kicksology

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
better buy from us!

Offline boonzy111

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
Nice watch but a bit big on my wrist.

Offline STT1987

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:37:43 PM »
The other day, my sister was telling me that Cartier watches were just "fashion watches". Watches sold by a jewelry store chain to sell the brand. "Au contraire, ma sœur", I said. Cartier watches was instrumental in popularizing the wristwatch for both men and women in the early 20th century. It has far more watch history "DNA" in any of it's watches than so many of the other brands claim to have. Especially interesting is the connection with Cartier and the aviation pioneer Alberto Santos-Dumont with the eponymous watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Santos-Dumont#Wristwatch

When travelling in the Demoiselle, Santos-Dumont needed to measure the time interval. The wristwatch had already been invented by Patek Philippe, decades earlier, but Santos-Dumont played an important role in popularizing its use by men in the early 20th century. Before him they were generally worn only by women (as jewels), as men favoured pocket watches.

In 1904, while celebrating his winning of the Deutsch Prize at Maxim's Restaurant in Paris, Santos-Dumont complained to his friend Louis Cartier about the difficulty of checking his pocket watch to time his performance during flight. Santos-Dumont then asked Cartier to come up with an alternative that would allow him to keep both hands on the controls. Cartier went to work on the problem and the result was a watch with a leather band and a small buckle, to be worn on the wrist.

Santos-Dumont never took off again without his personal Cartier wristwatch, and he used it to check his personal record for a 220 m (730 ft) flight, achieved in 21 seconds, on 12 November 1906. The Santos-Dumont watch was officially displayed on 20 October 1979 at the Paris Air Museum next to the 1908 Demoiselle, the last aircraft that he built.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:39:45 PM by STT1987 »
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline WatchZone

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 02:09:07 PM »
try survey at Kuala Lumpur used watch shop..take a chance ..good luck

Offline annielje

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
I am also interested.. which outlet that u went to?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
Is it worth buying this Cartier Santos 100?

I'm still cant make decision whether is a good choice owning it since Cartier is more to jewelry maker rather 100% watch maker. I felt is better to buy Panerai since I havent have one yet.

By the way, there is not much info on this Cartier Santos 100 spec like what movement, in-house or ETA, power reserve how long...etc. Hope someone can share their opinion. Thx.

Cartier in watchmaking much longer than many watch brands out there. Their tank, santos... History hv longer production history than Pam
Same group with panerai, they share same resources, just different positioning, they target different group of ppl... Pure business after all for all brands. Last few yrs, they hv their own so call manufacture movement... De caliber

Santos 100 xl is using eta 2892-a2
A good movement used by other high end watch brand as well

The roman index, rail track, blue hands, cabochon... All r very Cartier DNAs design...

Offline Bestwatch

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »
Nice watch.. Another 18k gold santos 100 not bad too.