Author Topic: Ball Fireman Racer DLC.  (Read 9205 times)

Offline fooyc

• Freshie
Ball Fireman Racer DLC.
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
Happy New Year Folks,

Been awhile I spend time in the forum, hope everyone is in good health and humor. Now, let me share what I recently acquired in light with my semi retired Seiko 5. Not going to bored anyone with the technical spec, surely you expert can understand better than I do.

Reference : http://www.ballwatch.com/html5/index.php?option=com_collections&task=26&mid=631

Background. While I have a relatively cheap dress watch, my good old Frederique Constant and my rougher purpose G-Shock, I don't normally like to put them on, on daily basis. Seiko 5 use to take that duty until the mishap happen, dropped it, and the watch went nuts. Somehow after I bought this replacement, the thing is back alive. That's another grandma story altogether.

I set my sight on the regular Swiss made watch, but had a fair bit of struggle to find something that interest me, especially when I personally felt, those 42mm sizes are far more readable for my old man eyes. Took some time to window shop around the local retailer, shortlisted watches like Mido Multifort series, Hamilton Khaki Field and some Epos. Unfortunately, (might be just me), none of the above felt as well made as my FC, especially the overall finishing. One of the Hamilton Khaki I took great interest in, has a rather great reflective glass, strain my eyes a bit. So, off it goes.

Further scout, I visited one of the local retailer and saw Ball Fireman Racer DLC. Sweet. Claimed to have carbon like coating and some geekie shock resistant which I have some doubt, the face was.......grey ish black. I ask myself again and again for couple of weeks eventually attempted to put it on my wrist. Ah har, ain't that bad really. The readability was fairly good especially those 15 tubes will illuminate permanently, somehow it draws my eyes attention to read the marker to tell the time. Good Lord, it still has the date, and those big ass numbers, pretty cool.

In addition, as I take public transport to work, I do walk a fair bit so nylon strap was my main priority, rubber strap ain't half that bad after all. Not a fan of bracelet at the moment.  ;D
The buckle and strap was pretty tight fit and seems hefty to sustain to a certain extent of abuse.

Only one item I find rather not complete was the case back was an engraving, much prefer a see through, oh well, I ain't no watch maker, still don't understand how those gears work out the time. Leave that technical part to the expert I guess.

The other thing that draws me to it, was I personally had a friend who uses Ball as well, he thinks highly of it and emphasize that Ball watch has up to 3 years warranty should you register your watch online. So yeah, all sounds like a decent deal. Didn't bother about resale value though, I'm not for one that enjoy buy/sell my possession. No offense.  :Cheers:

Oh yeah, its my wedding anniversary this month, so, oh well, grab two of them instead.

Took my rusty camera out for some shots, I'm not a pro photographer, so, hope you enjoy. *slap my forehead* I forgot about the much required wrist shot, I'll try to fill that up later this weekend if I can find some time off work.

Enjoy!

No fireman in my sons Lego collection, fire truck and the Shell Ferrari race car can la...

In a slightly darker environment, I really appreciate those lights marker.  ;D

Here's the case back engraving which baffles me. Where's the fireman and the racer ? :P

Good day. May MWF members have a good 2013 year.

Offline G.MAC

Re: Ball Fireman Racer DLC.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
congratulations on your purchase and wedding anniversary. Enjoy wearing the watch and owning them.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline nazren

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:44:04 PM »
Two balls make a good pair normally.... :thumbsup:

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »
Two balls make a good pair normally.... :thumbsup:

especially so when both are the same color, shape, size :angel:

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
congrats Foo (for the watches and your wedding anniversary)! that's a great pair of BALLs hehehe... :D

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »
+2 for double the balls  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

another ball lover  :laugh: :thumbsup:

Offline mr.jim

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
Any lume shot bro? Very nice watch indeed.

Offline ranj85

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
Good choice on the ball watch,  overall the make is solid, and value for money. Lets hope their prices dont get pushed up to high....

Offline sky1977

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »
nice watch u have there i have them too.

Offline stevehenrry

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
First of all congratulates for Ball Fireman Racer DLC and they seems a good pair normally. I think you have good choice. I must say that It is a modern fight watch that represents the railway functionality.

Offline btgo1128

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
 :thumbsup:
such a pair of awesome dial
always in love with BALLs watches..
great reviews. thanks for sharing