Author Topic: Tissot T-Touch Expert Pilot  (Read 7651 times)

Offline G.MAC

Tissot T-Touch Expert Pilot
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
Had no intention of getting a piece since there is a big incoming next week but my will just gave way when i saw this piece available after fruitless searching for the past 2 months. Have been eyeing this piece for a while ever since I was searching for a replacement for my Sea-Touch i sold a while back but is so hard to find that i resigned to the fact that if i get one, i might have to settle for the Expert instead. I just love the sword hands on this model as opposed to the one on the T-Touch Expert. Furthermore this model is slightly bigger at 44.5mm as opposed to 43.5mm on the Expert. It would be better if i can find the variant on the leather strap instead but this one also works.

The push buttons are also more responsive and easier to push as opposed to my Sea-Touch. My first impression is that the watch is very very light. It is a full titanium watch. It is so light that you cant feel it on your wrist. The bracelet is very comfortable to wear and the build quality of the safety clasp is impressive. Not to mention all that technology and functions contained in a small package i.e: altimeter, barometer,compass, thermometer, chronograph, second time zone, alarm and so on. Coupled with the 100m water resist, this watch irons out all the problems suffered by the earlier t-touch models. No wonder www.ablogtoread.com labelled the tissot t-touch expert as the "king of quartz".

Now comes the part which i find annoying about the watch. All the lightness in the watch and bracelet also shows that the titanium used is not a dense one. This means scuff marks, hairline scratches and dings are easily obtained on the watch and bracelet. After just a few hours of wrist time, i noticed the bracelet has signs of hairline scratches and scuff marks already. It is a good thing that the finish used is brushed as opposed to polished if not all the scratches and scuffs would be truly unsightly. The pin-system for the bracelet is also annoying in that i cant remove the bracelet to wear it on a nato strap. So my advice to those eyeing this watch or its near variants is to be careful when wearing this watch unless you dont mind scratches and small dings. More pictures:
Lume shot

Wrist shot

Hope you enjoy my review and thank you for reading.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
Re: Tissot T-Touch Expert Pilot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »
nice looking dial... making it more PRO as a tool watch!
the lug bit long or just camera angle problems?

anyway... congra. gabby!

Offline btgo1128

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:19 AM »
 :thumbsup:
tissot design was pretty awesome..
new series of T-touch was extraordinary

thanks for sharing it

Offline FarrelFortunio

• Free For Life
    • Jual Jam Tangan
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »
execelent watches  :thumbsup: how much u buy ?

Offline cheongwenjun

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »
awesome design, should get one in the future too! :thumbsup:

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 05:35:32 AM »
Nice piece G.Mac.

Just got the Expert Solar. Same issue about the 'softness'of the titanium alloy. The one I got already got the fine hairline scratches on the bracelet and casing even at the AD. As luck would have it, the Shop Manager realised the problem and offered me at a discount that even a 'going-out-of-business-sale' can seldom give.
 ;D

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com