Author Topic: Omega De Ville Prestige  (Read 4051 times)

Offline hitsugayat10

Omega De Ville Prestige
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »
Received this as a surprise early birthday gift from my bro  :D
A watch from a series (Omega only, am a Seiko fanboi that checks out SARB and GS dress watch) that I have never looked at before because it is a dress watch

Anyway, onto the watch..it wears rather large despite being crafted at the size of 39.5mm (no bezel unlike seamaster and speedy)..lug to lug is abt 47mm if my ruler on the phone gets it correctly LOL

It runs with a rather noisy Omega Co-axial 2627 caliber and from readings, modified from the Omega 2500. I have never owned a co-axial watch and this is my first. Comparing it to my super old speedy 3511.81, it is so much louder LOL

It has a power reserve of 48hours when it is charged to max and i must say that it charges pretty fast. The indicator looks nicely placed too..

Hands wise, hmm...GS watches' hands r much better looking (have only seen pics thru HD vids on youtube) thanks to their zaratsu polish method..but still, this watch's hands look damn good to me, very shinny and thank god, the roman number indexes used are not so visible cause am not fan of "numbered" indexes LOL

I like the blue dial a lot, well being a fanboi of blue, white and black, cannot resist Omega's blue colour watches LOL

It has a water resistance of 30meters but seriously, I don't even wanna wear this watch if am not in rooms or surrounding area which will not cause me to sweat because it is on a leather strap and not a metal bracelet...Talking about the leather strap, it is a thin and nice strap to wear but, thanks to my thin wrist, i need to get another hole to be punched on the strap because it is kinda loose for me....

Damn...they are really not producing watches for guys with girly wrist like me...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Omega De Ville Prestige
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
this seems rare in mwf...

i like it though

congrats

Offline Billylimwk

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:46:33 AM »
Great clean watch that OMEGA has. Would take a diver or a seamaster over this tough

Offline hitsugayat10

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »
Yeah, it is a rare watch in mwf alright LOL

Bro billy, i would prefer a black mid size SMP but since it was a gift, can't do much abt it LOL he thought tat i already hav a speedy and SMP with metal bracelet so got me something with leather strap, hence de ville LOL