Author Topic: Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar Titanium T091.420.44.051.00  (Read 3954 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar Titanium T091.420.44.051.00
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:55:10 AM »
My review on the Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar Titanium T091.420.44.051.00. Full write-up can be found here: http://westernwatch.blogspot.my/2016/03/tissot-t-touch-expert-solar-titanium.html

The first thing I noticed when I picked up the watch was the disconnection between the size of the watch and its actual weight. At 45 mm across and a height of 13 mm coupled with a metal bracelet to fit a lug width 22 mm, it should have some heft to it. However, the use of titanium as the base material would only tip the scale at just 123 grams. Granted it is not heavy, its dimension in considerable nonetheless.

From a distance the watch looks like a normal analogue watch with easy to see dial with great legibility. Even though the hands are short, there is a high-level of contrast with the dial, which makes the T-Touch Expert Solar quite readable.

The T-Touch Expert Solar that I got comes with solid titanium bracelet. For some of you, to get a real good fit, you'll probably prefer the rubber or fabric strap option. I do agree with that choice but I personally prefer the bracelet option purely because of the price benefit. In Kuala Lumpur, the bracelet model has a MSRP of RM4,250 while the rubber strap version is RM4,050. For just RM200 difference you’ll get a titanium bracelet which you can then replace with a cheaper rubber or fabric strap option. Do note that the rubber strap option from Tissot would require you to cut the rubber strap to size which does not allow further resizing later. If given a choice on the strap option, the fabric strap (with a tang buckle) would be more useful in the long run. Although you can use after-market straps from other makers in the 22 mm category, because the end-link is unique to the T-Touch, you will see a noticeable gap between the strap and the watch casing.

The T-Touch Expert Solar on a bracelet looks purposeful and oozes the feeling of sophistication. The grey tone on the titanium creates the dark mystic emotion that puts it in the same league as the Omega Skywalker X-33. However, the titanium bracelet does not have a whole lot of micro-adjustment capacity. There are only two adjustment points made available on the clasp which doesn't quite have the precision typical of most bracelets (at least 3 adjustment points). On my wrist, it could not fit nicely so I resized it to be slightly loose (my wrist circumference is 7.5 inches).

Apart from the technology, it has style and it wears comfortably. The light titanium material is strong enough to withstand bumps against solid object although it is more susceptible to scratches compared to stainless steel. A pity that Tissot does not have stronger titanium alloy to protect against such events unlike Seiko’s “Diashield” titanium alloy which is much harder.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Jedirat

Re: Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar Titanium T091.420.44.051.00
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 08:59:15 AM »
Bro, good write-up. Enjoy your article.  :Cheers: