Author Topic: Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial  (Read 16145 times)

Offline Gilthoniel

Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
After my last acquisition, the Nomos Metro (review found here), I told myself, no more watches for the year. Yeah right...

Fast forward 3 months and acting a little on impulse, I got myself a very good deal for the Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial. As you all know, this will be the watch Bond will be wearing in Spectre (with slight aesthetic changes to the bezel and seconds hand).

I will not bore you with boring details that you probably already know but I'll zoom in on the features I like and dislike about this watch.

I first checked out this watch in January when I was quite fascinated by the Tudor Black Bay Blue. Ended up getting a Seiko Emperor Tuna (review here) instead and the diver itch went away for awhile. I never liked the polished centre links. But I must say after wearing this watch for 3 weeks now, the bracelet is really comfortable and I don't even want to swap it out for a NATO.

The bracelet has polished centre links and brushed side links. The clasp has micro adjustments which makes for a very good fit for all wrist sizes. I removed 4 links and moved the micro adjuster one slot to get the perfect fit for my 6.75 inch wrist. The clasp is brushed metal and as with all bracelets, it is easily scuffed when desk diving. Fortunately mine has survived so far but I don't think it will last for long.

The dial... it's a beauty. No date, faux patina (I like it) and the laser cut indices gives it a 3D look. The matte black ceramic dial face is beautiful to look at and is a very good contrast to this otherwise very blingy watch. The lume is blue for the indices, hour hand and seconds pointer but green for the minute hand. Not the strongest lume but beautiful nonetheless

The bezel clicks well and is made of Omega's proprietary Liquidmetal. A mixture of ceramic and metal, the numbers are not painted but instead are carved out of the ceramic bezel and then filled with metal. It's fantastic to look at and the glossy ceramic finish gives it a very retro acrylic look without the scratch prone acrylic character. The bezel is also placed wider than the case by about 1.5-2mm making it an easier grip and also gives a very retro feel to it.

The movement is the latest Master Co-Axial 8400 movement which features 60 hours of power reserve and is anti-magnetic up to 15000 gauss! The accuracy is fantastic too. After 3 weeks of wearing it, it has only lost -1 sec! This is insane!

In conclusion, this watch is a beauty and the polished centre links have turned out to be a non-issue as well. I love the technology involved in this very retro looking watch and it looks comfortable from the boardroom to the deck of your boat before a dive.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:34:01 PM by Gilthoniel »

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
Re: Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
nice catch bro..

i love this too.. its in my radar..

wear it in good health    :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline vinorus

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
I am big fan of straight lugs Omega and I think this watch looks better than the similar designed Speed-Master with straight lugs... Thanks for sharing, wish you wear in good health~!
The Daytona C in Steel is my dream watch now...

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »
Congrats...I tried it on at an airport duty free shop and I had to literally drag myself away from it. Wears smaller than the stated 41mm. Classy, clean and a beauty to behold. Pictures doesn't do it justice and I do agree somewhat about the polished centre links. It is supposed to be a tool/diver and the "bling" doesn't make it seem so.

All the same, fantastic watch...wear it in good health. Congrats again, you lucky devil...

Offline Clicko

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »
You made an awesome choice! Awesome watch and awesome movement. Enjoy...

Offline Shiang

• Hello! Hello!!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
Beautiful dial and an even more impressive heart. The utmost congratulation on your new addition.

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words

Here's a closer look at the laser cut indices

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »
As usual, read ur review is fun. Good choice there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »
beautiful

the dial and marker seems old school...

love th bezel as well

omega movement is more accurate than rolex now, just its not as easy to service.
but big big improvement in recent yrs.

also on my radar !

Offline Cwlwatch

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
Nice watch bro...

Great improvement on the bracelet...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
Nice but I prefer Ti with blue dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hugopua1981

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 12:28:41 PM »
After my last acquisition, the Nomos Metro (review found here), I told myself, no more watches for the year. Yeah right...

Fast forward 3 months and acting a little on impulse, I got myself a very good deal for the Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial. As you all know, this will be the watch Bond will be wearing in Spectre (with slight aesthetic changes to the bezel and seconds hand).

I will not bore you with boring details that you probably already know but I'll zoom in on the features I like and dislike about this watch.

I first checked out this watch in January when I was quite fascinated by the Tudor Black Bay Blue. Ended up getting a Seiko Emperor Tuna (review here) instead and the diver itch went away for awhile. I never liked the polished centre links. But I must say after wearing this watch for 3 weeks now, the bracelet is really comfortable and I don't even want to swap it out for a NATO.

The bracelet has polished centre links and brushed side links. The clasp has micro adjustments which makes for a very good fit for all wrist sizes. I removed 4 links and moved the micro adjuster one slot to get the perfect fit for my 6.75 inch wrist. The clasp is brushed metal and as with all bracelets, it is easily scuffed when desk diving. Fortunately mine has survived so far but I don't think it will last for long.

The dial... it's a beauty. No date, faux patina (I like it) and the laser cut indices gives it a 3D look. The matte black ceramic dial face is beautiful to look at and is a very good contrast to this otherwise very blingy watch. The lume is blue for the indices, hour hand and seconds pointer but green for the minute hand. Not the strongest lume but beautiful nonetheless

The bezel clicks well and is made of Omega's proprietary Liquidmetal. A mixture of ceramic and metal, the numbers are not painted but instead are carved out of the ceramic bezel and then filled with metal. It's fantastic to look at and the glossy ceramic finish gives it a very retro acrylic look without the scratch prone acrylic character. The bezel is also placed wider than the case by about 1.5-2mm making it an easier grip and also gives a very retro feel to it.

The movement is the latest Master Co-Axial 8400 movement which features 60 hours of power reserve and is anti-magnetic up to 15000 gauss! The accuracy is fantastic too. After 3 weeks of wearing it, it has only lost -1 sec! This is insane!

In conclusion, this watch is a beauty and the polished centre links have turned out to be a non-issue as well. I love the technology involved in this very retro looking watch and it looks comfortable from the boardroom to the deck of your boat before a dive.
Bro, what's the different between your and Omega seamaster James bond limited edtion? Price big different?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »
next week when Spectre start showing....this model will be popular...price wise...should be higher...23-24k?

Offline Clicko

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »
next week when Spectre start showing....this model will be popular...price wise...should be higher...23-24k?

Already in store saw it last week at 24k.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
I prefer this model of the Spectre one. If I ever i get it, I will be sure to put it on a NATO. The polished centre links just dont do it for me eventhough I have to concur with you that it is very comfortable.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline saafar

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:57 PM »
get the NATO strap bro...super cool watch :thumbsup:

Offline DDDW

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
Yes very nice and cool watch

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 02:46:27 PM »
Just swapped the bracelet for the Omega OEM nato strap

Changes the looks significantly!

Offline thong123

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 06:24:08 PM »
@Gilthoniel the look with that strap is awesome. Saving money to get a Seamaster, soon..

Offline leewae91

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 09:10:33 AM »
Just swapped the bracelet for the Omega OEM nato strap

Changes the looks significantly!

How much did the OEM strap from Omega cost you? you could pm me if its uncomfortable to share out

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
RRP RM850

RM1100 for the one with leather lining

Offline tatte

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 06:35:35 AM »
Gorgeous! will good with a nato strap.

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
nice watch... wonder if you could change it to the same nato strap as the 'spectre' ?

Offline leewae91

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »
nice watch... wonder if you could change it to the same nato strap as the 'spectre' ?

Don't think so, not at least from the official ad. That was what made spectre's limited edition was their nato strap with few different aesthetics.

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »
I guess that's the logical thing to do and keep that model a limited edition as it was meant to be. Thanks for the reply