Author Topic: MIDO Multifort Automatic chronograph  (Read 7688 times)

Offline georgesim98

MIDO Multifort Automatic chronograph
« on: January 18, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
HI Everyone; Just joined the club. I have found this forum when i start to do research when i planned to upgrade my watch collection from G Shock and Swatch to more substantial watch ( meaning more expensive ;) ;)). Well this is my first 4 figure price point watch
Was planning to pull the trigger on a longines master collection or an ORIS BC4 but was recommended by the sales person on this MIDO watch.  I was attracted by the chrono dial and the red black strap that look outstanding on the wrist and the price point compared to other chronograph watch on offer.
Seem that this watch was not so popular here and not much review in online forum

Based on the other online forum. This watch seem to use the"elabore" grade of the Valjoux 7750 movement.

Has had this watch for almost one month, here my report on the actual wearing on the watch.

1) The red stitch and the red strap edge make the watch feel 'younger' and stand out
2)The padded leather strap is comfortable for daily wear, still it to hard for my liking, prefer a softer feel
3) Although the case is thick and the diameter is larger than all my swatch, it doesn't feel heavy.
4) Have tested the Power reserve, based on face up position, i get around 38 hour of reserve.
5) The finishing is general good, brushed , a slight misalignment of the 3 o clock indicator non the dial face ( not really straight, off by maybe 1/3 of an mm.

Here the spec sheet for this watch:

Movement: ETA/VALJOUX Cal. 7750 2* jewels Swiss Automatic. Mido Cal. 1320.
Functions: Day/Date calendar, window display. 12 hr, 30 min, 60 sec registers chronograph.
Case: Satin finish solid AISI 316L Stainless steel.
Bezel: Highly polished finish.
Crown: Sport style, screw-down (threaded). Factory Logo engraved/embossed.
Crystal: Sapphire. Flat profile.
Dial: Black color. Guilloche texture. Luminous ( radiation-free Super-LumiNova ) hour markers. Silver color sub-dials. Tachymetre scale.
Hands: Steel color. Super-LumiNova radiation-free luminous filled. Red chronograph hands.
Case Back: Observation crystal. Screw-down style ( threaded ).
Band: Black color. Genuine leather. Red Stitch to match the red hands on watch.
Clasp: Deployment style. Factory Logo engraved/embossed.
Water Resistance: 100m/330ft /10atm.
Case Size: 44.00mm. 15.00mm.

Offline georgesim98

Re: MIDO Multifort Automatic chronograph
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

Just found out how to post the photo

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new watch  :thumbsup:
Wear it in good health.
 :Cheers:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Very nice and striking especially with the red stitching on the leather strap!  :thumbsup:

Offline GTH

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:57:38 PM »
Nice, classy and affordable.
which outlet did you buy from?
I realise Mido doesn't spend much on marketing and promotions and rely much on word of mouth and buyer recommendation.
Each handmade watch is sold with part of the watchmakers soul. The effort to make the watch perfectly flawless like a gem, takes a lot of the watchmakers concentration. You pay for the "Loving attention" they give to each movement and watch.

Offline georgesim98

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
It was brought at  Sunway Piramid  Swiss primo. Not sure i get the best price. but the Sales service was quite good.

Offline CITIZEN 78

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:20 PM »
Hi George, I'm a new member to this forum too who interested in Mido watches. Mind to share roughly how much is the damage for the nice watch? Thanks :thumbsup:

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »
Nice watch, Mido is a good brand. Enjoy your buy.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....