Author Topic: Recent exp at the Rolex Boutique. Need some faith. LOL  (Read 10288 times)

Offline bulletnos

Re: Recent exp at the Rolex Boutique. Need some faith. LOL
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »
Hahaha thanks for all the reply. I will continue to try in the other AD and let see if I manage to secure one too. I've been browse around and the new 124270was selling like a hot cakes everywhere. maybe I should consider 126000 too (if it's available). well the watch hunting will always be the part of the experience and either you end up with a false hope or you manage to secured one...or I'll just go with the Seiko mods to Explorer 36mm and satisfied myself. lol  :Laughing_on_floor:

buying 126000 just because it's available may not satisfy the desire and you'll probably still look at the 124270 and wish for one.o

if you had a good conversation with the SA where you left your name, pop in the store maybe every 3 weeks and say hi, show them your Seiko mods....  who knows you might annoy them enough to make them sell you one to get rid of you....

Good strategy! Hahahahah ;D

And just be a genuine buyer. Dont come off as a flipper, and your chances of getting called is higher in my experience.

Offline cL0wn

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 10:04:32 PM »
Personally, I dont really see the point of building a purchase history with a Rolex AD. if you really wanted that particular Rolex model might as well just get it from the grey market. Saves more time and effort

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2021, 12:11:16 AM »
Its a trade off, end of the day. U go grey, u save time n get it pronto, but end up paying around double or more for that expediency. I honestly don't see a Rolex worth that kinda money, that's pushing into Moser, Blancpain, Breguet territory.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2021, 05:56:24 AM »
Funny there are still plp hoping for luck when new strictly requirement for client to meet a profile, background search to seek approvals for a sport model allocation

Can do a grey for less hassles to stroke your AD.

Offline swleong

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 10:07:37 AM »
People, just stop feeding both the AD and grey dealers and this stupid game will slow down and stop eventually, hopefully.

I am 1 of those "bitter" guys that can't get onto the AD's list and also won't pay extra RM50k to RM100k premium to get the watch from the grey dealers.

It would be interesting to see how those paying the premiums going to sell/flip their watches later once the game has come to a saturation point. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a big Rolex fan and also lucky enough to get 1 before the craze. Cheers.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 10:29:31 AM »
Life is short,best don’t play AD games.

Just grab what u want …
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 04:23:39 PM by Gentlemen101 »

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 11:40:21 AM »
Well, some stuff are worth getting from grey too ( I still lurk those grey online stores too and have gotten some before)...but I would still try to build my profile with the AD. Of course, if your Rolex itch is insatiable. If you can do without, just go for another piece that would give you your money's worth!

The other day I walked into an AD to resize a watch, and noticed some SS WG DJ28 for ladies on display...a few 31mm and 41 mm half gold...goes to show they still have watches to sell - sometimes it is "right place, right time."

Of course, if you're only after the Professional Models, you'd be thoroughly disappointed.

Just sharing my 2 cents and personal experience.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 06:12:59 PM »
People, just stop feeding both the AD and grey dealers and this stupid game will slow down and stop eventually, hopefully.

I am 1 of those "bitter" guys that can't get onto the AD's list and also won't pay extra RM50k to RM100k premium to get the watch from the grey dealers.

It would be interesting to see how those paying the premiums going to sell/flip their watches later once the game has come to a saturation point. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a big Rolex fan and also lucky enough to get 1 before the craze. Cheers.

so much truth here.. just stop feeding the grey.. is it worth paying double or more for a Rolex which is already over-priced?

Just visit and talk to an AD and explore other brands..

while I still do get the Rolex when offered the one I want, I do go with other brands as well and some of them do make you question the infatuation with Rolex

and as another member here said, just be a genuine buyer.. you can try to think of all ways to sweet talk a SA but I'm pretty sure they've heard all those stories before.. and all those watches sold as new by grey dealers, most come from flippers despite many thinking that it's just the SA making a deal with grey dealers. Masterminds work with "runners" to buy new watches from AD or from people who have bought from AD, and then pass the stock on to grey dealers..

Offline faizall

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
I just saw a tsunami of new Rolexes in the WingW*h web just now and make me wonder how this happened. I can see my grail being sold with RM42k, honestly the watch was so simple and I don't think it's worth to be sell at that price point. But that was only my view. I'm pretty sure the demands was so high thus make this grail at that price point. I'll cont my visit to the boutique with the same story every 2weeks. Haha. my Seiko mod Explorer will be on the way and I'll wear it in my next visit. Will update here till I got this grail from the boutique.  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 08:00:55 AM by faizall »

Offline agbyee

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2021, 07:20:50 AM »
I placed my name early this year, asked my client to help place under his name as he has a few models pending since last year, no news till now.  Someone told me he knows someone in Rolex AD and said will help speed up the process with a small fee, I agreed(small fee paid upon stock in hand not before ) no news. My guess is, 70-80% of stocks are channeled to third party resellers with a 'small fee' by whoever in the AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2021, 12:46:19 PM »
wah small fee = tips= duit kopi? This is becoming serious man. Casting aspersions on our ADs and their staff? This is not right.
 :Confused:

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »
Unfortunately never worked for me. Did exactly the same as you. Walked into the same AD i bought my Sub from, spoke to the same salesman and expressed interest in a steel daytona (or a GMT) sometime back. No call received as yet!  :Cheers:

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2021, 10:09:53 PM »
My personal take - don't go the "Duit Kopi" route. While there are indeed unscrupulous SA's that may receive such "extras" - please don't encourage it (I know you guys don't, but just putting it out there as my opinion too hehe) It's against the AD policy for sure, and these guys will risk their jobs actually.

Just try being a friend with the SA. Express keen interest in watches. Be a genuine buyer. Of course, it helps if you demonstrate that you are not a flipper, and a potential loyal customer.

Cheers

Offline faizall

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2022, 01:41:38 PM »
Just an update, after a numerous visit to the SA and disappointment, I did my research and I pull my trigger with BB58 and enjoy my year end holiday with the remaining saving. With the latest price hikes and the availability of the unit always like a unicorn (hard to find) so better for me to move on. There's a few threads on the prices tanking, prices hike in the forum..and most of the response that hit me was saying the person that try hard to get from the SA right now is a potential flipper. even in this thread there's a few provoking comment too. There's still a person like me out there..wanting a unit just for satisfaction, to commemorate some achievements for that year..rewarding themselves but don't want to spend at greys since the prices was so ridiculous. It's like buying a car..not all thinking of RV when buying a car, some really find their passion in owning the unit that they already dreamed off. it's satisfaction.

Well gonna rock my BB58 for now! Haha.

Happy new year guys.  :Cheers:

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2022, 02:49:04 PM »
Just an update, after a numerous visit to the SA and disappointment, I did my research and I pull my trigger with BB58 and enjoy my year end holiday with the remaining saving. With the latest price hikes and the availability of the unit always like a unicorn (hard to find) so better for me to move on. There's a few threads on the prices tanking, prices hike in the forum..and most of the response that hit me was saying the person that try hard to get from the SA right now is a potential flipper. even in this thread there's a few provoking comment too. There's still a person like me out there..wanting a unit just for satisfaction, to commemorate some achievements for that year..rewarding themselves but don't want to spend at greys since the prices was so ridiculous. It's like buying a car..not all thinking of RV when buying a car, some really find their passion in owning the unit that they already dreamed off. it's satisfaction.

Well, welcome to the BB58 club then!  :thumbsup:  Enjoy that amazing watch! Cheers

Offline dpkong

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2022, 02:51:18 PM »

The situation is just too lucrative with Rolex and just like the recent chicken/vegetable price hike issue, secret hands are at work.

Looking at recent Rolex price increments, the steel sports models suffered the biggest hike and only the really popular ones... for eg. the YM2 remained the same but the Skydweller went up. Very clever strategy to slowly close the price gap between steel and gold models. Will it cause the market to cool down? Unlikely but then again, who can predict the buyer's mindset?

Just move on with a different brand. Tudor, Omega, Blancpain, JLC all make very nice watches and they're not hyped yet.. with Tudor, no matter how hard the grey market tried, it just doesn't work.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 03:37:18 PM by dpkong »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »
Welcome aboard the 58 bandwagon! We got lotsa cookies and straps!  :Laughing_on_floor: its on order ka?

I have to agree, while rolex suffers from the flippening, tudor is not really there at all. Really no point buying grey at ridiculous prices when the watches r readily available at ADs, at most with a short wait.

On a side note, while its not gonna be making u money, a 58 on secondary market wont lose u much either.

Offline revvd

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2022, 03:52:37 PM »
Congrats TS, wear your BB58 in good health.

Anyway, I don't really see the Rolex situation abating. Supply and demand. I bit the bullet and got what I wanted at grey prices. I don't like it, but I just don't foresee the possibility of me being a nobody, getting what I want on retail.

There used to be a romantic notion where you're supposed to buy your first Rolex finally when you've "made" it, and savoring the journey to pick one up in the AD. Sadly no more

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2022, 04:50:58 AM »
Great pickup. As for the Rolex situation, it is what it is.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline swleong

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2022, 12:38:28 PM »
I can't stop but keep thinking that Tudor is just a continuation of Rolex marketing strategy.

Many who didn't make it on the AD list (and don't want to buy grey) will end up buying Tudor watches, for the temporary cure of Rolex thirsts, and eventually end up selling them later and save up to buy Rolex (at higher price).

The winner, Hans Wilsdorf Foundation.

Of course, there are many who are genuinely love their Tudor as well. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:43:15 PM by swleong »

Offline faizall

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2022, 05:52:34 AM »
Welcome aboard the 58 bandwagon! We got lotsa cookies and straps!  :Laughing_on_floor: its on order ka?

I have to agree, while rolex suffers from the flippening, tudor is not really there at all. Really no point buying grey at ridiculous prices when the watches r readily available at ADs, at most with a short wait.

On a side note, while its not gonna be making u money, a 58 on secondary market wont lose u much either.

Haha it takes me just 3weeks to get it. cool watch. enjoying it everyday n yes sir, it is a strap monster. gonna enjoy this honeymoon phase with this watch for a very long time  :Dancing_banana:

Btw during my survey last time, Watatime did inform that Omega is currently plan to increase the price of all SM lines in 2022. Just a heads up.

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2022, 07:14:06 AM »
i love its....i will wait until economic solve it especially law of demand and supply...in time being, there are model example like a  (bling2 /2 tone/DJ 29mm ) that we can buy in retail prices (just wait and relationship building approach and see how it goes with AD) and i understand in desirable  "hot model" which is hard to get, but keep calm and keep CONSISTENT since we have 5 or 6 AD at Malaysia....keep call/msg/email/ monthly just to says "hi".... hahhahaaha..keep calm and show that to AD...we are not a flipper...i understand when its come desirable "hot model", since VVIP is top in the list...then professional flipper (grey market)..last is average normal "joe" (normal customer)... especially in watch games in Rollie /AP/ PP/ VC....in term of "horology"...i better save my hard earn money to "independent brand", my holy grail is Konstantin Chaykin Joker....

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2022, 11:39:40 AM »

Haha it takes me just 3weeks to get it. cool watch. enjoying it everyday n yes sir, it is a strap monster. gonna enjoy this honeymoon phase with this watch for a very long time  :Dancing_banana:

Btw during my survey last time, Watatime did inform that Omega is currently plan to increase the price of all SM lines in 2022. Just a heads up.

Semua barang naik, hujan saja turun  ;) eh that's actually not too bad la, I had to wait for a month for mine when I bought it. Interestng that there's still a wait period at all, considering the hype piece right now is the panda dial chronos.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2022, 11:44:03 AM »
i love its....i will wait until economic solve it especially law of demand and supply...in time being, there are model example like a  (bling2 /2 tone/DJ 29mm ) that we can buy in retail prices (just wait and relationship building approach and see how it goes with AD) and i understand in desirable  "hot model" which is hard to get, but keep calm and keep CONSISTENT since we have 5 or 6 AD at Malaysia....keep call/msg/email/ monthly just to says "hi".... hahhahaaha..keep calm and show that to AD...we are not a flipper...i understand when its come desirable "hot model", since VVIP is top in the list...then professional flipper (grey market)..last is average normal "joe" (normal customer)... especially in watch games in Rollie /AP/ PP/ VC....in term of "horology"...i better save my hard earn money to "independent brand", my holy grail is Konstantin Chaykin Joker....

Chaykin is a fantastic piece, the guy really demonstrates that high horology doesn't necessarily mean plain and boring, the fun ways the color and designs come together. If ur looking at independents, I'd also suggest checking out Armin Strom, their Gravity Equal Force collection is also very interesting to look at, if not as playful as Chaykin.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2022, 12:10:50 PM »

Which SM? speedmaster / seamaster? Seamaster line already has it's price increase in Nov / Dec 2021