Author Topic: Waiting Lists  (Read 22806 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Waiting Lists
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
During the days where the premium to pay is within 2 -3k range , that is acceptable , but not when it is RM10K and above kind of premium.. i have personally met someone who paid 30k premium for a pepsi and he was shock that he didn't even know he paid that much for one because he didn't know the retail of one in the first place..

This is called "having more money than sense" and it's a nice situation to be in actually....

Offline WHLiew

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
During the days where the premium to pay is within 2 -3k range , that is acceptable , but not when it is RM10K and above kind of premium.. i have personally met someone who paid 30k premium for a pepsi and he was shock that he didn't even know he paid that much for one because he didn't know the retail of one in the first place..

I guess it kinda makes sense. 30K will probably get you 2 non sports models max? Barely enough to “build relationships” with any ADs.  :-\

Offline AKM

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Honestly, it's not worth it to put your name on a waiting list and the premium you'll pay to get the watch from the grey market is crazy high.

Offline echan78

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »
few years ago before the launch of the WG pepsi , yea maybe they put you in a genuine list, in such a situation now, i doubt they have on in existence, if at all. :Scolding:

Offline potassium126

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »
Yesterday I sent an email to an Rolex AD to enquire the availability of the Submariner. I was asked to put my name in a waiting list by the CRM. However, the sales lady in the AD just asked me to write my name and contact on a paper, I am doubt that they will look into my request seriously. She told me I might have to wait for a couple years to get a watch.

Offline Watchxcraze

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:00 PM »
Yesterday I sent an email to an Rolex AD to enquire the availability of the Submariner. I was asked to put my name in a waiting list by the CRM. However, the sales lady in the AD just asked me to write my name and contact on a paper, I am doubt that they will look into my request seriously. She told me I might have to wait for a couple years to get a watch.
Waiting list do exist. However, it is hand-picked not by order.

Offline nelson_ling

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:10 PM »

The more you buy from them, you move up from the list faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline axaxax

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »
Yes. And as far as I know. Those they walk in and demand to put into daytona waiting list will be thrashed out. But only those that actually bought/referred someone will be placed into it. Practice might defer from each AD.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »

The more you buy from them, you move up from the list faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg, sound so much like a direct sales business  ;D

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
No point in arguing about the existence of waiting list. IT DOESN'T EXIST. Availability of those sought after models really depends on your social status & affordability PERIOD!

Offline echan78

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 02:55:34 PM »
In fact they really used to have. I was called for a certain model after 2 months putting my name in the list. Its the AD in klcc. However post BLRO the list just goes to hell & cease to exist anymore.whats left is just a convenience in shrugging off and lip service.sad.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline revolution21

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
I been told that, for Rolex Sport model have to q up few years. The Q based on your previous purchased history. Purchased history min around 100-150k a year, then your turn will be faster.

Offline dexson

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2019, 08:40:01 PM »
To chip in my experience today.

Visited Watatime 1Utama today to try my luck on a Tudor GMT and the branch manager told me that there's 19 people on the waiting list. I asked if the waiting list is real and if they are actually getting their watches, and she told me that each and everyone on the list paid full retail in advance to be on the list. Watatime will receive few watches a month and will distribute to them based on the invoice date. Hence, I believe it is a first come first serve basis here.

That being said, I was shown the list and the next-in-line guy actually paid the full advance on July 2019.

If one thing I learn today, it is that the list is real [at least for tudor] and there's hope in getting one eventually if you can wait.

Best Regards,

Offline revolution21

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
The Hour Glass told me that you have to spend RM150k annually in order to get those watches, whereas the Swiss Watch Gallery said to spend RM100k on the respective brand

Offline wslim1977

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2019, 07:45:03 PM »
One AD recently told me for certain rare models we can register our interest with them rather than called it a wait list.  ::)

Offline Phan

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2019, 08:49:14 AM »
 :mooning:Walk into a local AD on the weekend, though I knew the answer yet I still asked the question how can I get my hands on the sports model. I was told by the sales person unless I spent 150k above, i wont be in the list at all!

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2019, 10:59:00 AM »
Sometimes I think this is just getting way out of hand. PP I somewhat understand due to the low volume, but Rolex churns out about a million watches a year and I find it odd that they choose to instead continually churn out blinged-out Rolesor DJs when their SS sport models are in much higher demand.

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

Offline Phan

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:39 PM »
From what I know after purchased another brand new hulk by paying the premium recently for a brand new piece is that, the outlet manager are the one to decide who they wanna sell the watch to. Often are sold to so called runners. These runners acting as a middle broker then selling all these very sought after sports model to the grey market retailers then finally real collectors like us who couldn't bloody wait but wanted it so bad would end up buying from them at a premium. I once asked a runner who I bumped into while buying my first Rolex, i.asked how many watch he sold a month on the peak period... he smiled and said 100 over on a bad and 200 over on a good month.. they dont just getting from the local  AD but globally.. that is just one runner. How many are they, I dont know. Interesting story when comes to understanding how the watch industry works. Back to basic, demand vs supply.

Offline Phan

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
Well, as I couldn't wait and found a brand new hulk dated 2018 with full stickers intact I had to get it.  been waiting over 2 to 3 years from AD and was once offered deepsea dweller  which I wasn't interested.. never heard from them since though I specifically requested for a Hulk. Ended up bought a new piece where I pay 24k over retail, warranty card from Singapore AD Around 58.5k for a brand new hulk is ok. For a 2019 model can get for 60.5k but without stickers and oversea ad on the warranty card. I guess if you really want it, and can afford it, then get it. Rolex prices increases every year.

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »
More power to you. As much as I like the Submariner, I personally can't justify the extra cost over RRP of going grey market. 20k+ markup on the Hulk would be damn difficult for me to swallow. I have been eyeing the non-date Sub for a while now, and even that's a 10k++ markup for the most basic model yikes!

Offline Phan

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
At first I was unwilling to pay for such premium, thought about it for a long long time.. short term pain long term gain I guess.. I dont really travel for holiday like my wife so in order to comfort myself I used that as a reason to make myself feels better ????

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2019, 07:57:50 AM »
At first I was unwilling to pay for such premium, thought about it for a long long time.. short term pain long term gain I guess.. I dont really travel for holiday like my wife so in order to comfort myself I used that as a reason to make myself feels better ????
Lol that's a good way to justify the cost!

Offline W3ll

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2020, 08:51:00 AM »
the only way to prevent all this ridiculous mark up of pricing is when people stop paying for it..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2020, 10:36:38 PM »
the only way to prevent all this ridiculous mark up of pricing is when people stop paying for it..

A lot of people out there have RM50-100k to "invest" in Rolex sport watches, many have even more. If the price goes up, their "investment" returns are far better than FD rates. And there are many people out there with cash that they cannot keep in banks or assets where the govt can detect so watches and jewelry are some of the easiest way to store this money.

Offline echan78

• Freshie
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
Yes i agree.thats the best way..but vanity always win in the end and there will be endless justifications to over pay for something especially if its something everyone wants but the majority cant or won't afford it. This is enough reason for the practice of scalping the prucrs of rollies to thrive.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk