Author Topic: Tudor Pelagos  (Read 41137 times)

Offline fireken

Tudor Pelagos
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »
Hi guys

What do you think of the Tudor Pelagos? Is it worth the buck? coz it is using eta 2824 movement.. although i do not think eta 2824 movement is a problem as i have watch with the same movement. Just isnt it quite expensive compare as majority using the 2824 are below 10k  while above 10k brand majority using eta 2892 movement. Just your comment or opinion on it.

Furthermore, I hardly see many AD or pre-owned shop carrying this model. Therefore, it is hard for me to compare and obtain the best price deal. Appreciate if any members having this model can pm me the price so i can understand and better negotiate with the AD.

Cheers

Offline Narco

Re: Tudor Pelagos
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:07:44 AM »
It is a beautiful tool watch.

Offline wingzee

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »
Hi guys

What do you think of the Tudor Pelagos? Is it worth the buck? coz it is using eta 2824 movement.. although i do not think eta 2824 movement is a problem as i have watch with the same movement. Just isnt it quite expensive compare as majority using the 2824 are below 10k  while above 10k brand majority using eta 2892 movement. Just your comment or opinion on it.

Furthermore, I hardly see many AD or pre-owned shop carrying this model. Therefore, it is hard for me to compare and obtain the best price deal. Appreciate if any members having this model can pm me the price so i can understand and better negotiate with the AD.

Cheers

Kinda underrated sub/tool watch to me. I do prefer the bezel as compared to SubC though. ETA 2824 isn't more inferior to 2892 as accordingly to many 2824 is a more robust movement than the 2892 which is thinner. Although however 2892 offers much better shock support. Try any of the Rolex ADs, they should carry this brand.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:35:18 AM »
Personally, I think it's an awesome watch at a fair price.
The watches that you mentioned with the same movement costing less?
They also do not have the Tudor built quality that is basically Rolex built quality. ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:08 AM »
Hi guys

Cheers

I consider this before, its a bit underated and often overlook if compare with its sibblings the black bay. I tried it in my hand, love the build, but not liking the hour hand, its too short and wide, unlike the snowflake of bb.

Agreed that 2824 is good, for this price point, off course can get other more affordable brand with same movement. But I dont believe the crap that the rolex finish cost / justify additional 6k (compare with a 4k watch with same movement). I love the Tudor brand, not merely because of its pysical quality, but also its aestatic beauty (much like how I love Bell & Ross, but couldnt pull the trigger)

TLDR: Pelagos (especially in bracelet) in rolex quality is a good buy, but only if u like it and willing to look beyond its pysical quality.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:05:15 AM by hidden830726 »
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
Almost pulled a tigger to buy 1 (one/two years ago). A handsome tool watch, titanium material made it very wearable.

But I already had a Rolex Sub Date. And I felt it is too similar to Sub Date so I went for Omega PO.

But still eager to see one and examine it once more... hehe....

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »
i own 1....really a hardcore tool watch... enjoy every detail on it. blue lume.... titanium.... u name it on rolex it have.... adjustable bracelet... hahaha... very enjoy

Offline chestlwh

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:03 AM »
Tried one at KLCC few months back, a very good looking watch with reasonable price range. Titanium, ceramic bezel, straps options, nice lumes..some brands will cost you more with identical specs.

Offline axaxax

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »
depends on what are you looking for. IMHO, you should just go for a Sub if you have the extra budget. i made a mistake long time ago buying an in between watch, after buying a Sub, leaving the other watch with zero wrist time.

never the less, this is a very beautiful watch with its own distinction. and you will rarely bumped into someone wearing a similar watch.

Offline Narco

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »
I'm actually looking for a pre-owned Pelagos. Buying new is bit financially heavy for me  ;D as I said.. Beautiful timepiece.  Upgraded version of sea dweller if I may say

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Hi guys

Cheers

I consider this before, its a bit underated and often overlook if compare with its sibblings the black bay. I tried it in my hand, love the build, but not liking the hour hand, its too short and wide, unlike the snowflake of bb.

Agreed that 2824 is good, for this price point, off course can get other more affordable brand with same movement. But I dont believe the crap that the rolex finish cost / justify additional 6k (compare with a 4k watch with same movement). I love the Tudor brand, not merely because of its pysical quality, but also its aestatic beauty (much like how I love Bell & Ross, but couldnt pull the trigger)

TLDR: Pelagos (especially in bracelet) in rolex quality is a good buy, but only if u like it and willing to look beyond its pysical quality.

I have to respectfully disagree there.
There are eta 2824 watches costing less yes... but the movement does not make a watch.
Sometimes, one have to look past the movement.
The case, bracelet, clasp, bezel construction have to be top notch as well.
A tissot diver costs 1.6k and is fitted with a 2824.
Both are dive watches.
But hold them both side by side and the difference becomes clear.
The Tudor Pelagos is made to last... that's what Rolex quality is about.
Is it worth the extra moolah? I certainly think so.

I don't get what you mean by "look beyond it's physical quality"
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 01:19:12 PM »
Thats why worth or not worth the $ is up to the person, rolex quality watch with stock movements seems value for money to me, but the question is, do we need the rolex quality and if yes, is the diffrence in quality (rolex vs non rolex quality) worth the price different.

When I say beyond pysical, I meant, putting the pysical watch spec aside, if we take tudor connection with rolex, off course it is damm value for money.

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
I also have to respectfully point out one thing, most watches can last as long as a rolex, non rolex quality doesnt make a watch less durable. I know we. may not meant it, but just wanna point this out.

Offline Narco

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 02:19:14 PM »
Cheers guys.. I would say these two points are important personally to me:

1. If the watch sing and some does sing loudly;
2. If the pocket sing.. And sometimes it went total quiet for a very long time.

Cheers!

Offline rkch1975

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 01:41:44 PM »
This watch is great as a daily beater. Been wearing it problem free since it was launched. Highly recommended for such an attractive price. The titanium construction makes it a extremely comfortable wear  :D

Offline Narco

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »
Great tool watch. Very very light as well.

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
love the blue....

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
I was also seriously considering the Pelagos last year...

but was swayed by the Black Bay for its heritage looks. Having said that, I think that the Pelagos is an oft-underrated tool watch that's worth its asking price. It has lots of plus points going for it, even if you make no mention of the Rolex connection.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline fireken

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
Thank guys for the feedback...

Overall the quality feel good, light, solid and the blue lume is damn nice when i try it at the AD. The setback was only using 2824 instead of 2892. i'm still considering it.

Surprisingly, this model is very hard to get in pre-owned market..

Offline Timeless

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 11:27:18 AM »
Among all features, I personally like the blue lume the most and of course the reasonable price

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »
Saw one today in the lift.... Seriously sexy watch...

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
Among all features, I personally like the blue lume the most and of course the reasonable price

yes tht the main point
main selling point

Offline toolkit21

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
My CNY watch, new piece into collection. Review to follow soon....

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
My CNY watch, new piece into collection. Review to follow soon....

Grats with awesome buy.

Wrist berapa Long?  :Cheers:

Offline toolkit21

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »
Wrist 6.75". For 42mm it fits quite well and overall light too.
Slightly larger when compared to submariner 40mm.

Camera angle sometimes make it look big