Main Forums > General Discussion - Vintage Watches

Grand Seiko vs Rolex

(1/16) > >>

SLK:
Hi MWF!

I'm considering adding a vintage watch to my collection.
I've narrowed it down to between getting a Grand Seiko (5646 series) or a Rolex ( oysterdate or datejust).

Any opinion on which would be the better option?

Looking for something that won't break the bank, probably RM7k and below.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocas:
If only 2 choices of either vintage rolex or vintage grand Seiko, I will go for vintage rolex first.

dualcarb:
Looking at your criterias, I would happily suggest a GS. I got mine for under RM6K. GS for that time period was at the top of the watch game, producing watches that performed above the standards set by the Swiss chronology society. If you dug a little and read up on the history of GS, you will be more than impressed. I have several modern six digit Rolexes, therefore my comments are not coming from a Rolex hater/basher. Just plain facts and a love for all things that tick. Here is my little vintage beauty.

SLK:

--- Quote from: dualcarb on April 21, 2017, 03:38:13 PM ---Looking at your criterias, I would happily suggest a GS. I got mine for under RM6K. GS for that time period was at the top of the watch game, producing watches that performed above the standards set by the Swiss chronology society. If you dug a little and read up on the history of GS, you will be more than impressed. I have several modern six digit Rolexes, therefore my comments are not coming from a Rolex hater/basher. Just plain facts and a love for all things that tick. Here is my little vintage beauty.

--- End quote ---

I love the history of both these watches but I must say I'm more inclined to getting the GS.

My only concern for the GS is that if it will it be able to hold its value? I'm pretty sure that if I ever decide to sell the watch in the future, the Rolex would probably be able to hold its value better than the GS.

Do correct me if my assumption is wrong.

SLK:

--- Quote from: dualcarb on April 21, 2017, 03:38:13 PM ---Looking at your criterias, I would happily suggest a GS. I got mine for under RM6K. GS for that time period was at the top of the watch game, producing watches that performed above the standards set by the Swiss chronology society. If you dug a little and read up on the history of GS, you will be more than impressed. I have several modern six digit Rolexes, therefore my comments are not coming from a Rolex hater/basher. Just plain facts and a love for all things that tick. Here is my little vintage beauty.

--- End quote ---

And I must add that is an amazing looking piece

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version