Author Topic: Clouding agents and plasticizer DEHP  (Read 4792 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Clouding agents and plasticizer DEHP
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »
So far heard a lot of news in regard of this DEHP in our daily consumable products, and last couple of days about the bubble tea, Sunkist and others drinks with Clouding agents.

Please share if you come across any products or brand that have been banned or advised not to use.... :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline takashi78

Re: Clouding agents and plasticizer DEHP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
Damn even bubble tea?
Lucky its not as famous here as it is in TW.
Actually i just had one last week i think...damn....

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
It is inside almost everything here in Taiwan, not only drinks, bubble tea, but also jams and even in baking products. Now it seems they have even found it in children medication. Sad really, how expensive is palm oil? At least if they have used palm oil, it can help the Malaysian Economy. I guess the prices of palm oil will go up.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »
Damn even bubble tea?
Lucky its not as famous here as it is in TW.
Actually i just had one last week i think...damn....

Dont worry, the clouding agents chemical have been in the bubble tea for sometime, so just 1 cup is still ok, unless you have it everytime visit the pasar malam, then you need to worry  :laugh:

It is inside almost everything here in Taiwan, not only drinks, bubble tea, but also jams and even in baking products. Now it seems they have even found it in children medication. Sad really, how expensive is palm oil? At least if they have used palm oil, it can help the Malaysian Economy. I guess the prices of palm oil will go up.

You are right, palm oil should be the ingredient, but they use the industrial DEHP which label "not for consumable". And I think all these factories are only concern about $$$, dont care about people life.  :Scolding:..

Today news, they discover Cosway's 2 products contain the chemical, and ban from selling. So our MWF members, if you purchase any Cosway's drinks, please check with them..
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain