Author Topic: Polishing a rolex  (Read 6629 times)

Offline hiro

• Freshie
Polishing a rolex
« on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:26 PM »
Dear forumer, i had my hulk dropped on coarse cement floor and to my unfortunate the case got some scratched. Where can i get it polished? RSC only? Or anybody can recommend me a good and trusted shop that can get the job done?

Thanks in advance.

Offline bane

Re: Polishing a rolex
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:25:30 PM »
Ouch. But in my humble opinion, don’t polish. The steel will become thinner and the shape will not be the same. Scratches are badge of honour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »
Dear forumer, i had my hulk dropped on coarse cement floor and to my unfortunate the case got some scratched. Where can i get it polished? RSC only? Or anybody can recommend me a good and trusted shop that can get the job done?

Thanks in advance.
if you can show how bad the scratch is, that would be easier for us to advice.

Normally for me, if the scratch mark is too deep and like a dent, I will leave them. I will polish it off if the scratch is minor.

Offline FourRings

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:58 PM »
A very nice grey dealer told me, dont polish your watch. Agree with the above comment. Because he said there might be some markings on the watch that we dont know if you polish it, it will remove the markings.

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »
I've always heard that polishing my Rolex will decrease its value, though I don't really plan on selling my watches. I believe this rule only applies to the highly sought after vintage GMT/Daytona/Subs. For my modern Rolex, I don't really mind polishing it.

My first Rolex is a Datejust II, and I wore the hell out of that watch for 8-9 years almost daily. A couple months ago I finally decided to send it in to RSC and I could not be happier with the result. Having it back was almost like the day I first bought it.

Offline jack88x

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 08:01:43 PM »
may i know how much does RSC billed you for polishing?

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
may i know how much does RSC billed you for polishing?

They quoted me more than that, had to replace certain parts. But for a complete overhaul/service/polish was about RM2,500

Offline jack88x

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »
noted with thanks

1 more question...how long it takes roughly for the entire process?

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
noted with thanks

1 more question...how long it takes roughly for the entire process?

RSC Kuala Lumpur quoted me 2 months but the actual time was 1.5 months for me.

Offline SeanLo

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »
good to know posting

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 05:47:26 AM »
Wow that look like brand new . Should send my panerai as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dspayre616

• dspayrelovewatch
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 04:17:16 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Besides RSC there are other watch shop that offer polishing. I havent used their services before but based on their Facebook reviews, it looks promising. However, I dont think that RSC would allow just polishing as you need to send for service first and then they will polish the watch?

Also, I was watching a watch dealer live on FB, and he commented that now Rolex does not ensure that the watch part are period correct when they do the replacement? As an example, he showed how a v series kermit came back with a FAT Four bezel after a service at RSC Malaysia.

For the discontinued hulk, there are 3 dial variations, depending on the year that was acquired.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Besides RSC there are other watch shop that offer polishing. I havent used their services before but based on their Facebook reviews, it looks promising. However, I dont think that RSC would allow just polishing as you need to send for service first and then they will polish the watch?

Also, I was watching a watch dealer live on FB, and he commented that now Rolex does not ensure that the watch part are period correct when they do the replacement? As an example, he showed how a v series kermit came back with a FAT Four bezel after a service at RSC Malaysia.

For the discontinued hulk, there are 3 dial variations, depending on the year that was acquired.

To be honest, I don't think any of these variations are a serious change. The hulk is not vintage and those little variations don't really cause a problem

Offline adriangsc

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 12:13:34 PM »
Amcorp mall vita time do service and polish

Offline kygan711

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 07:00:36 PM »
wing wah watch shop in subang jaya and swiss connection the weld also provide this polishing service. 1-2 weeks should be ready when i enquired in the past for my panerai.