Author Topic: Zelos New Drop - Swordfish 40/42 diver & Field 38  (Read 1459 times)

Offline HarleMec

Zelos New Drop - Swordfish 40/42 diver & Field 38
« on: October 03, 2023, 08:40:32 PM »
https://zeloswatches.com/collections/swordfish

Looks like something is coming from Zelos...anyone camping for it?

Offline G.MAC

Re: Zelos New Drop - Swordfish 40/42 diver & Field 38
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 06:27:32 AM »
Have not had experiences with this brand. They do sell out fast when the order books are open though.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 07:51:37 AM »
Got to admit they look tempting and fun..

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »
1 hour after launch, non is sold out yet so looks like not as hyped as it was?

Tempted to pick up the bronze/orange dial field 38 but something is still amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 11:05:35 PM »
Not bad la really, I like the fact that the 40mm + versions seem to have recessed indices.... I've not seen that many nicely done sandwich dials at this price point.

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 12:21:38 PM »
Dont worry nothing is amiss, this round is a large drop, with 200/300 pieces for each variant. They have like 14 variant this round so that's like almost 4000 pieces. Elshan, the founder of Zelos has heard complaints from watch fans that they cant get to buy it as scalpers rush in and buy for resale. So his strategy was to increase the volume of the entry level models so that the store isn't empty and people can actually buy it.

Btw swordfish is their entry level model and probably best seller, so most of the Zelos fans already have at least one in their collection, as Zelos had already released multiple batches for this line. Thats why I think still in stock atm. Personally Im skipping on this batch, I already have 2 Zelos and need something special for my 3rd Zelos  ;D.

My personal pick will be the meteorite dial thought, don't have a meteorite dial in my collection atm and I have a fascination with space and stars.

Source of my info btw, the OP, roadwarrior is probably Zelos biggest fan, he have like over 100 Zelos watches lol.

https://watchintyme.com/index.php?threads/zelos-swordfish-make-a-splash-with-the-latest-range-of-diver-and-field-designs-drops-on-the-6th-of-oct-11pm-singapore-time.779433/

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 03:25:14 PM »
nice sharing mate, could have been almost perfect if it's 40mm. 38mm is not small but definitely requiring some getting used to. The textured dial is especially cool, bronze + orange is a nice combo to me.

the comparison photo between the 40mm mako, 38mm/42mm aurora shared in the link does look rather significant in size to me although the author says otherwise :p
maybe it's because the picture was not taken with the watches on wrist.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 03:51:56 PM by HarleMec »

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
Zelos New Drop - Swordfish 40/42 diver & Field 38
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 07:33:37 PM »
Your welcome, if u dont like it better skip it. Quite common for Zelos to release different size for popular models in future.

This was the release schedule posted back in June, you will note that we are behind schedule. the interesting one is the Spearfish with worldtimer and big date  ;D

June: HH3 Ti
July: Aurora Ti Field 38/42mm
Aug: Swordfish 40/42 Divers
Sept: Swordfish Field in bronze and SS
Oct: Blacktip Ti Diver
Nov: Eagle 2 with LJP G100 movement
Dec/Jan: Nova 2 with new D100 LJP, Spearfish Ti worldtimer with new big date module and worldtime subdial