Main Forums > General Discussion - Vintage Watches

WTA: Vintage Rolex Precision Restoration Project

(1/7) > >>

pwc_wannabe:
Hello everyone,

Just found this Rolex Precision 6694 from my late great grandfather in his cabinet. Probably hasn't been worn for the past 15 years. Was thinking of fully restoring this watch to be worn by myself and hopefully to pass it down later on.

Condition: Not working and has a cracked glass. Tried wounding but it ain't working.
Dial type: Black face with gold markers. Thinking of changing it to the silver face if it permits.

My first thought was to send it to Menara Dion Rolex, any idea how much should I set aside to budget this project?

There's a story behind the watch from him, I would really want to restore it to hold some of my stories too.

samuelk:
Bring it in to RSC and let them have a look. They will give you a quote, you can decide then. Better to go with the RSC route.
Great find btw.  :thumbsup:

pwc_wannabe:
Thanks  :thumbsup:  I'll head to RSC in a couple of weeks and explore it.

Any idea on their charges to examine and generate the quote?

dpkong:
Obviously Menara Dion is your best place to ask about the watch but unsure if they will work on it if it's very old. But you can be certain they will not work on it if it's fake and they might not even return it.

My last experience having a watch serviced there was about RM2,200 for a normal service which includes a new crown and crown tube plus polishing. If you need replacement parts, the prices may go up. After the inspection which usually takes less than 30 minues, I believe they will charge RM250 if you decide not to proceed with repairs and the watch will be returned as-is.

I do not know of any reliable places to service vintage Rolex properly in the west side.

pwc_wannabe:
Thanks for the input on prices, the price is acceptable; definitely mine requires a few more parts   :Startled:

The watch seems to be from 1970. I heard from relatives that he was wearing that around that time before passing away in the early 80s. It was then worn by my grandfather before his passed away in the late 00s.

From a layman eyes of mine it doesn't seem fake, I hope it isn't  :)

Attaching a photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version