Author Topic: Orient WV0021AA King Master JDM  (Read 2902 times)

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
Orient WV0021AA King Master JDM
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
Hello fellow watch enthusiasts. I had scouted around for a few weeks for an affordable Japanese watch with date and day and came across this model. Unfortunately, I found out from Orient Malaysia that it wasn't sold in Malaysia. Thankfully, a Japanese watch shop on Amazon was selling it for about 1K+ so I ordered it. Had to go to KLIA Customs complex though..just to pay $56 GST charges!!! When I brought it to my regular watch shop, the owner asked me why I didn't buy from a Malaysian shop. I explained to him and he warned me that because it was not brought in by Orient Malaysia i.e. A.D. TIME SDN BHD, it is not covered under warrantee. Not sure how true this is though. Anyways, Amazon had offered a 2 year warrantee on the watch so some peace of mind.

Anyways, i'm very satisfied with the watch. It is solidly built with a sturdy bracelet. My only grouse would be the spherical/domed crystal which makes viewing time at any obtuse angle a bit of a chore. Would have preferred a flat glass. The second crown at 4 o'clock position rotates the inner minutes dial.

If anyone had purchased a JDM watch from Japan, can you pls share what if any your experience has been with warrantee claims. Thank you