Author Topic: Stowa flieger limited edition  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Stranger09

Stowa flieger limited edition
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
Hey guys, I just grab a Stowa flieger Malaysia limited edition, guess you guys must know which model it is... Yea, the Unitas 6498 small second, with engraved of Malaysia belle at the rear case. Mine is 27/38. It come with two rear cases, another one is the sapphire glass rear case, which is the one on the watch now. I guess no one would want to switch to the stainless steel engraved rear case, because the mechanical inside is just too beautiful, piece of art.

Actually I been study around the flieger watch, from Aviator, Aristo, Laco to Stowa. My first target was Laco, because it is one of the 5 original flieger maker during WWII, and most affordable among 5. Then from the Laco website I found the retailer in Malaysia, quickly I drove to shop however the information is incorrect. They are not Laco official dealer,  and I can't find else where in Malaysia. I carpet search from mall to mall, I found Aviator, Aristo, and Stowa but not Laco... I was so disappointed, and then even disappointed is the online shop in Singapore was out of stock too.

In the journey of looking for Laco early, there is a shop keeper recommend me the Ball aviator iii, but it don't grab my attention at all, because the original design taste isn't there, and I don like the way of the tritium gas tube on the 3 hands

As soon as I realize Stowa has a very good finishing on the watch, I started to look at the 6498 small second limited edition ( because it is the only one available in Malaysia). I love the temperature-blued hand which they called real blue, not dye from any chemical color, and the handwind movement.

After a week of study of Stowa, pondering around, I went to the shop at 31st March (you all know why). Even though the price is higher than Laco, but I understand Stowa worth the price you pay. The only thing stop me is the small second, but then i realize 6498 movement dont come with center second hand, either no second or small second. Stowa handwind flieger only have these two choices, so if I would hv to choose I rather take the small second than no second, and only the limited edition come with gold-plated small second, so I make up my mind and took the watch on that night.

Temperature-blued hour and minute hand with Gold plated secondhand

Normal edition small second without gold plated.

Malaysia belle engraved

Superluminova C3

Here is the manual book. I remember someone were asking in the forum, how long we need to send to check the crown of handwound watch, because it is the weakest part of the watch. Here did mention once a year we need to send to any local watch shop for watertight-test, and every 5 years send back to service at Stowa.

I would say it worth the price, though limited edition is higher price than the normal, but you get gold plated second hand and the LE engrave on both stainless steel and sapphire rear case. The gold plated second hand make it stand out of the crowd.

I wound the watch every night I back to home, about 20 circles to fully wind a day (not from empty power). This watch design is not to impress anyone, I guess I wouldn't hv a day heard "hey dude nice watch", I rather expect "hey dude, nice flieger" obviously only someone who know watch would say it, haha.. Lastly, some pic to share:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:59:32 PM by Stranger09 »

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Stowa flieger limited edition
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
That's a very nice watch! Certainly a keeper! Note that we are not allowed to discuss about price and discount in this forum but i certainly appreciate you, sharing the price though!

Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline Stranger09

Re: Stowa flieger limited edition
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »
That's a very nice watch! Certainly a keeper! Note that we are not allowed to discuss about price and discount in this forum but i certainly appreciate you, sharing the price though!

Thx for remind, amended :)

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »
Like!
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
first off congrats.. very beautiful flieger
for all u know i might have tried it on months back, serial number looking familiar
if not for no central seconds hand i sure sapu oready one

but it sure looks amazing on ur wrist, enjoy...  :Cheers:

Offline mijey85

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »
Absolutely a nice and simple watch. Do you mind share the price,

Offline Stranger09

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 01:41:22 PM »
some new photo, hehe..

Offline splee

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
Nice photos bro. Flieger with matching background. Thanks for sharing.

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 12:46:56 AM »
Impressive watch and settings!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Bill

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 02:09:43 PM »
nice watch  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
Nice watch. Saw this watch too at one of the prominent shopping centre. It's bit expensive compared to order online but it's very limited edition. For casual and work. Great watch! Congrats

Offline Stranger09

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
Nice watch. Saw this watch too at one of the prominent shopping centre. It's bit expensive compared to order online but it's very limited edition. For casual and work. Great watch! Congrats

Yea, it's few hundred more expensive, but you get to check your watch before purchase, cash and carry on the spot, of course also the LE you pay for  :)

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »
True....

Offline Stranger09

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 05:46:30 PM »
New army NATO strap