Author Topic: Zzzzzzzenith El primero.. Anyone own it?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Zzzzzzzenith El primero.. Anyone own it?
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
Just curious if anyone here own a EP. I found that it is not so popular in MY. The only thing i know that it is does not hack like other movement (like lemania in speedmaster moon watch)

I wonder how is the cost of owning it and the cost of maintenance since it is turning at 36,000 vph compared to the usual 28,000 vph.

Offline Fergus

Re: Zzzzzzzenith El primero.. Anyone own it?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
Hi Rishy,

I'm surprised you want to pay RM2-3,000 for a quartz watch, especially one from a pen manufacturer (and brand merchandizer) rather than a watchmaker. Nobody who knows watches will be impressed with a Montblanc. If you really want the accuracy and convenience of quartz you could find any number of reputable watches in the RM4-500 range.

There are some very decent automatic watches by Tissot (a real Swiss watchmaker) in the RM800-1600 price range. However, if you want an elegant dress watch that will be admired by those in the know, you could try a Mido Baroncelli for well under RM3,000 or an Edox Les Bemonts for a little more.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »
?? Not matching reply.

But Zenith - El Primero is a watch maker. At one time Rolex uses its movement...no??

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Fergus

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
I posted my reply to an entirely different thread. Looks like this forum has server problems.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:03:48 AM »
?? Not matching reply.

But Zenith - El Primero is a watch maker. At one time Rolex uses its movement...no??

dc

Ya dc, Daytona was using EL Primero some times ago.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
Those daytona before yr 2000 are using zenith movement and is hghly collectible items. If my memory didn't fail me a s/s daytona 5753 pack with zenith movement is asking usd50k

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:29:33 AM »
Those daytona before yr 2000 are using zenith movement and is hghly collectible items. If my memory didn't fail me a s/s daytona 5753 pack with zenith movement is asking usd50k

I thought they only use Zenith movement in 16520? then 116520 using their in-hourse movement?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »
EP is a well designed and durable, reliable, accurate and proven movement. It is also the first automatic chronograph movement that's why it is call EP, the first!

Rolex use it because it is accurate n reliable which what rolex famous for!

Zenith was producing low and mid range watches all these year... But ten yrs ago they decided to move to mid and high range... Their watch price was increased by 30-40% 3-4 yrs... Because of their movement been used by rolex, so it is quite well accepted!

Their previous CEO is too daring in the sense of coming up with a lot of extreme design which not really well accepted by Market, I mean the defy line...

But with hublot also in lvmh... And the hublot boss is good in design I'm sure they will do well very soon again!

Personally I like those clasicc line zenith...

Maintenance is not a problem...   

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
i still lust over a watch with EP movt inside. Preferably a Zenith hehe.
Still looking to see if anyone is selling any used Zenith rainbow flyback. That one is sweeeet !

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »
i still lust over a watch with EP movt inside. Preferably a Zenith hehe.
Still looking to see if anyone is selling any used Zenith rainbow flyback. That one is sweeeet !

check out the famous forum on sales and u will see a nice used rainbow flyback for sales ;)

personally, not a fans of chrono and EP :p

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:16 PM »
i still prefered to look at old zenith watches (the one bbefore nataf take over) is there any sos to look for?