Off Topic > Photography

Canon or Nikon DSLR?

(1/12) > >>

jaron1982:
Hi all experts,

I am Jaron. I am new in the MWF. Nice to meet you all.
May need your advice or which brand to buy Canon or Nikon for DSLR?
I would want to take nice close up photos of watches. Which model is sufficient?

I have a friend told me to buy Nikon is better because they are just concentrate to do camera business.

On the other hand, Canon concentrate on camera and printers. If want to get Canon, can just buy a cheap printer and carry out. You still can tell others that you own a Canon.

silverstan:
Both brands made good camera.

It's actually same like you ask ppl, which watch is good and you need one able to tell the time.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Honestly, if u want do some close up, compact camera can handle it better (1cm close up). Unless u going to purchase a macro lens for close up.

dpkong:
it depends if you have lots of friends using Canon or Nikon. that way, it's easier to share lenses and other accessories.

unless you're quite serious into photography, don't bother with DSLR as they're quite complicated and the standard lenses don't take very good close-up shots. dedicated macro lenses are very expensive too.

siodee:
Between Canon and Nikon, then I will go with Nikon....if all the others, then you need to do a lot of homework, what you need it for. Before you decided to buy anything, why not join us for shooting and makan, then you can have your options open. Of course, a plate of Hokkien Mee will do the trick   ;D

Watchnewby:
Agreed with silverstan and dpkong assessments.
Both brands are good in their genre. Most photojournalist uses Canon for fast action shooting like F1, MotoGP, soccer etc. Nikon is used by most photographer for landscape, macro works etc. Of course, for shooting watches, both brand also can do the trick provided you have a dedicated macro lenses.

If you just wanto take close-up pictures of watches, like silverstan mentioned, a compact can also do the trick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version