Author Topic: History of Bell & Ross  (Read 7847 times)

Offline alvin41

• Freshie
History of Bell & Ross
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
The brand was launched in 1992. The first watches were designed by Belamich and Rosillo and made by a German watchmaker Sinn.[2]
Watches such as the BR Instrument have been designed to replicate the shape of a cockpit instrument taken from an aircraft. The BR02 range caters for diving professionals through the use of highly legible dials and cases water resistant to withstand 1000 metres of pressure. Another offering is the Hydromax; which contains hydraulic fluid within the case to counteract the effects of external pressures.
Bell & Ross's first watches were virtual re-issues of Sinn models and carried the Bell & Ross logo as well as Sinn's. The partnership ended in 2002, when Bell & Ross began its own independent production in its facilities La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.[2]

Like it so much :thumbsup: :laugh:

Offline CKL1213

Re: History of Bell & Ross
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
"On to the Bell & Ross: They are good-looking watches and I know many people like them. However, they do something that is almost inexcusable in the eyes of the Watch Snob. Bell & Ross is a prime example of a company that is selling nothing more than a cool-looking case and a dynamite marketing plan. Every single one of its watches use nothing more than a stock, off-the-shelf ETA automatic movement, the same movement you can buy yourself for around $300. Yet, the price of the average Bell & Ross hovers around $4,500"

From the Watch Snob, go bash him.

Offline STT1987

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
Watchsnob is paid to say provocative rubbish to drive up page hits.

The guy is a "know nothing" with no knowledge and perspective on the overall history and how things are done in the watch industry.
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
I love the creativity but the product is not of my taste. Good designs nonetheless

Regard
Tyler