Author Topic: Calling all fans of Japanese watches - Seiko, Citizen, Casio, what else???  (Read 240866 times)

Offline Henry T

:Cheers:

Offline raist86

bought my SARX055 baby snowflake in Japan last year Dec.. pretty decent price and seems like the last piece in whole of Hokkaido... went to 7 or 8 diff seiko shops throughout the tour and all say they don't have stock. all pointed me to this one shop at Sapporo. Love the soft titanium material feel (i know its an oxymoron..), somehow just doesn't feel so hard / cold like steel.

Offline Sky 007

My 1st brand new Grand Seiko 60th anniversary Limited edition for 1500pcs worldwide, I really like the Sunburst Blue special dial

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

Re: Calling all fans of Japanese watches - Seiko, Citizen, Casio, what else???
« Reply #703 on: August 17, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »
This Citizen dial uses special paint. It absorbs the light so well that we hardly see any dial reflection most of the time.

In fact, I just recall I have not seen the dial reflect any lights since the first day I got her.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 08:25:03 PM by Cocas »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #704 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:30 AM »
Soon we shall see a new brand "Grand Citizen" ??

:Laughing_on_floor:

This Citizen dial uses special paint. It absorbs the light so well that we hardly see any dial reflection most of the time.

In fact, I just recall I have not seen the dial reflect any lights since the first day I got her.

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #705 on: August 19, 2020, 08:05:35 AM »

Reminds me of Vanta Black but I think Vanta Black is even blacker. Literally all light gets absorbed.

Pictured here is the Moser Endeavour in Vanta Black.

I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline Cocas

« Reply #706 on: August 19, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »

Reminds me of Vanta Black but I think Vanta Black is even blacker. Literally all light gets absorbed.

Pictured here is the Moser Endeavour in Vanta Black.

Yup, the pitch black is like a black hole.

It's so rare for a wrist watch dial.

Even the onyx stone dial  is no match to this. :)