Author Topic: Shocking news...  (Read 9278 times)

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
Shocking news...
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
just got back from tw yesterday night... (and yea.. u r reading this and you've been fooled by the topic...)
didn't expect to get any G during the trip, but the price is really irresistible. saw alot of longines in taiwan... citizen and seiko you can see them in almost every watchshops, and i think the Ball is creating heaps there now too.

was at xi men ting (very close to my hotel) lurking for some foods around... popping by this shop famously mentioned by wxtchbxs's forum members. was simply asking around to test the price and discount they willing to offer... straight away.. 30% discount was given with just plain asking... after some chatting (20-30mins) with the shopkeeper... i managed to squeeze a little bit more... and these 2 were taken home by me n my wife.

start off with the co-star... g-shock g-lide (5600 series).. nothing much about this.. but my wife like the color anyway. and it is dirt cheap.. less than rm200 after discount. I happen to see these selling rm345 before discount in KL, 10% was the max. discount given to all gshock in malaysia (price controlled item woo...in malaysia)

okay.. basic function as auto EL, tide predictor, moon predictor. battery powered... nothing much here.

here the star of this thread...

just like any JDM gshock... it comes with a tin container.. i skipped that straight to the watch now. it's a G-shock MTG-1500B

full IP coating (Ion plated), tough solar, tough movement (autosynch digital and analog hands), multiband 6 (auto time recalibration), world time, auto-LED backlight

nice resin made bumper added at the IP buckle...

the watch is made in japan, unlike ordinary gshock or some JDM gshocks were made in thailand. MTG (means Metal-Twist G-shock) carries the same characteristic like MRG (means Majestic & Reality G-shock), and GIEZ (means G-Essence) series. but, MTG is ranked below MRG and above GIEZ. MTG carries most of the MRG features like anti-magnetic and better shock resistant with a price tag cheaper than MRG.

LED light up

n finally a wristshot...

conclusion, to me... black and white is my very own taste. i like something with a blend of monotone, not too colorful. i like this watch because MTG is very rare to come by at any place or any g-shock kiosk (in malaysia, you wouldn't see it at all), and i like the stealth dial and the overall structure of the watch. it's not as big as frogman or riseman, but its build quality, design is impressed atleast.. i am.

RRP at TW16000, ebay at USD600-700, JPY is selling firmly at 67000yen.
... and i got it far below all the price tag listed above. :)

i think TW is a good place to hunt for casio watches, not to mention Oceanus series too... very very good discount given. hope this thread would give any g-shocker some tips, where to get their dream gshock at cheaper than retail.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:12:10 PM by gapper »

Offline takashi78

Re: Shocking news...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
Nice pick up!
BTW how are the other brand prices in TW?
Same or better offer than Msia?

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
hi takashi78,
didn't really go in and ask around... bcox i really didn't expect to get any watches during this trip. (i already acquired few watches starting early of the year) but i think all the RRP price there were slightly cheaper than in malaysia. Mondaine watches also very cheap there.. mostly less than 1k after conversion to MY. also, Apple's products seem to be cheaper as well over there... here ipod shuffle above RM220+, there around RM200.

but i did see some shop carrying Nomos Glashutte... others were just Tag, Omega, Panerai (very little)... most are Longines. heavily advertised brands in Malaysia like Oris, Tag, Omega... were not so 'expose' in tw. hmm.... their watch shop carry quite a numbers brand... so when u step into the shop.. u will expect to see.. a little quantity of Omega, Tag, Chanel (da Ceramic watch.. quite alot there..) mixing around in a display cabinet. Not like here, each of the brand would hv one heavily deco presentation cabinet...

PM me if you want to know the shop names. can be easily find the shop in xi men ting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:25:46 PM by gapper »

Offline HusH

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
Not a fan of gshocks. But your mtg looks pretty cool.  :thumbsup: I like the interesting names for the different types of gshocks.

CONGRATS once again!  :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »
thnx for sharing....
we should organise a food and watch trip to taiwan!

Offline mcbarney666

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »
Coolness.

Been eyeing a number of G-Shocks to kickstart my watch collection but have never come across yours. I know why. Nice!

Offline Apac959

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 03:14:56 AM »
Used to wear all dis g shocks wacthes wen i was a smal kid now it rely comes wit great designs!! Shud get one of these!

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
ur 'star of the thread' ive never heard before..
but it sure looks daamn good..  immediately i googled it.. cool beauty..

tough yet classy.. in the mould of rolex submariner.. in black.. japanese/G version
what wud b perfect is if it has compass s well..

all these while i thought the best looking JDM G is GW-A1100FC-1A ( pic below ) but now im undecided..

sapphire crystal

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »
Hahaha,I was really expecting Shocking News!!

Offline enkil

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »
I'm shiokk. Good looking g shocks   ;D