Author Topic: Hello all! Just joined today  (Read 4097 times)

Offline AndyC

• Freshie
Hello all! Just joined today
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:05:37 AM »
Hi all,

Just found this site and am realy glad to be a member. I'm from PJ but live overseas right now. Missing the food as you can imagine and will hopefully be back in July for a long holiday. I'm also a crazy collector and started collecting about 5 years ago. I blame my Dad who himself has hundreds of lovely vintage pieces. I collect all sorts but love military watches  and divers. I have box of 10 watches that I wear in rotation and a military and vintage collection that I keep in the safe.

Anyway, here's my current collection:

Omega SM300 nondate: My classic diver, vintage  but contemporary at the same time
Stowa Marine Original: What a lovely watch, lovely dress piece
B1: My token quartz that I use to time my other watches with, use this for travelling as well
Omega Dynamic Chrono: Love the twin dials and military look. Great on a bracelet
Speedie: A keeper for sure
Doxa 600T Pro: My splash of colour, my 'sun' holiday watch
Archimede Pilot Original: I bought this when it was still on the drawing board. As good as any Flieger you can get imo.
RLT 16: Put this on a good bracelet and it looks as good as a aquaterra! My other dress watch.
Damasko DC57: Love the lume dial, my beater!
Seiko 6306-7000: My Japanese diver. All original and the only reason I sold my 6309-7049. A true classic.

Glad to be a member! Hope to contribute loads in the future.

Thanks for looking,
Andy

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:15:08 AM by AndyC »

Offline Scott C.

Re: Hello all! Just joined today
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
Welcome  Andy ;)

you have a very nice collection here!!

Cheers!
Scott

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:19:41 AM »
Welcome Andy!!
I saw a nice Omega Dynamic Chrono!

cheers,
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline sur3tato

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:40 AM »
welcome to the forum.

I'm loving your collection there! most of 'em are on my wish list!

btw, where overseas are you?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »
What an impresssive collection Andy  :thumbsup:
Enjoy your stay here  :Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »
Beautiful collections

welcome to the house

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline AndyC

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »
welcome to the forum.

I'm loving your collection there! most of 'em are on my wish list!

btw, where overseas are you?

I'm in the UK. Been here for a very long time. Still got lots of close friends in Malaysia.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:24:29 AM »
Welcome and superb collection you have there.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »
welcome. can share why u left malaysia?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »
Hi Andy, welcome to MWF...u are migrate or temporary stationed at UK??? my cousin also just migrate to new zealand.. :Blue:

Offline AndyC

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

Many reasons. First and foremost, I was trained in the UK and have a good stable job, wife and kids here. The quality of life here is very nice. Finishing work on time, walks in the park, weekends completely off, good friends here. I get top spend lots of time with the family. Only thing is my parents are still in PJ so I go back as often as I can to visit them. When I'm back in Malaysia, you notice the difference immediatley. The foods great and the hustle and bustle quickly brings you up to speed. But the lifestyle's different. I couldn't tell you which one's better. Pretty much a personal preference I suppose. I like it here in the UK but there are lots of things I miss about Malaysia too. Food-wise, we've got 2 Malaysian restaurants here and I've learnt to cook so much stuff out of desperation. I cook a great chow kuey teow, satay, chicken rice and many more.  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »

Many reasons. First and foremost, I was trained in the UK and have a good stable job, wife and kids here. The quality of life here is very nice. Finishing work on time, walks in the park, weekends completely off, good friends here. I get top spend lots of time with the family. Only thing is my parents are still in PJ so I go back as often as I can to visit them. When I'm back in Malaysia, you notice the difference immediatley. The foods great and the hustle and bustle quickly brings you up to speed. But the lifestyle's different. I couldn't tell you which one's better. Pretty much a personal preference I suppose. I like it here in the UK but there are lots of things I miss about Malaysia too. Food-wise, we've got 2 Malaysian restaurants here and I've learnt to cook so much stuff out of desperation. I cook a great chow kuey teow, satay, chicken rice and many more.  ;D

thnx for sharing... i never thought of leaving malaysia.... but i do like some country like Switzerland....
never hv enough time to explore UK.... hopefully one day mwf can organize a trip to europe for visiting watch factory!!!