Author Topic: Damaged LCD screen - galaxy tab 7.7 plus  (Read 4965 times)

Offline Laktos Kid

Damaged LCD screen - galaxy tab 7.7 plus
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »
It's been a bad day for me, my samsung galaxy tab 7.7 plus has been cracked :Mad:
From what i heard the screen is a Super AMOLED Plus and it cost a bomb to repair  :'(
May i ask anybody had any experience or any place with cheapest repair cost ? From what i heard is the screen is price between 500-800 which is a lot. If send to samsung service center would probably cost more

Hope someone can help me with it, appreciate it a lot :'(

Offline dpkong

Re: Damaged LCD screen - galaxy tab 7.7 plus
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
Hmm.. and there are people screaming at service prices from branded watches....  :-\

Anyway, electronic devices these days are made like diapers.. ie. disposable. Repair costs will be prohibitive, not to mention skill needed and quality of repair. Best to stick to cheap electronics.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
Screen is among the most expensive thing to be fixed in today's electronics, phone and tablets alike. And more bad news, they usually will not last and/or perform as well, even after the costly repair.

I'm very sorry for your lost, and totally understand your fustration, I was in your shoe before. Unfortunately, I guess the better option you have is to back-up whatever that is in your tablet, and opt for a new one.

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
i actually had my iphone with wifi issues,
and after send to ask for quotation, it will cost a bomb to fix, with that amount of $$$, i think i could get a new phone

if you intend to pay for 600 - 800, then rather you just get a new one with brand new warranty instead

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
thanks everyone for the suggestion and advice. I dont think i will fix it, will just blame myself for my carelessness.
RM850 for fixing the display is just too much. Will try to be more careful next time (if i ever own another tablet)