Author Topic: New X20  (Read 11624 times)

Offline nayo

New X20
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »
Maiden outing of new Fuji X20. Collected camera a day before this trip so more or less just hands on fiddling around with it without much reference to the operating manual. Pardon the noob quality of shots and amateurish attempt at street photography. Photos are unprocessed jpeg except for some using gimmicky built in filters. Apologies for the loud gangsa intrusion but it does mark a timeline for the 5 hours or so that I had in transit in the City of Love.  :Cheers:

Which terminal?

Eiffel

Pink and cold

Ronaldo was here too. Not the guide dog, Cristiano at the top left.

Budding

Artists

Bersih 2.1?

Bersih 2.2?

Gendarmerie cordon

The Arc

Gendarmerie

Parlez vous Francais?

Beauty

And the cameraman

And the Beast?

I'm watching

I'm watching too

We are watching

Bling bling

Filtered bling

Next grail?

Comparing straps

With Python straps

Accessories to go

Same sex marriage protest at the Arc de Triomphe. Cordoned off by the gendarmerie.

Never too young to protest unlike Himpunan

My fav pet shop

Mini, de long en large

Louvre

Gangsa again?

And again?

Mont Marte

French kiss

bottom left.

Diorama from Mont Marte

Pop filter

Vivid film

Good nite.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: New X20
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:19:56 PM »
Nice. Very nice indeed. A380? Have a safe flight back.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
Looks like you had fun Nayo!

Great pics.

Love the Gangsa appearance also.

You should visit Camile Fournet for some straps.

Offline nayo

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
Tq, Ivan. You should experience it someday. Great ride but teething tech problems still aplenty. Especially in cold weather despite being developed in Europe.

Pete, prob need the full 5 hours at Camile Fournet.
The Rolex AD there indicated price increase imminent.

Offline nayo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »
Pray the earthquake didn't affect Taipei too badly.

Offline Plankton-IkanBilis

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
wonderful photos bro...I love it when a photo set of a trip has "sharing and informative" values rather than the plain show off crap! :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 12:39:20 PM »
Rolex increase price 1-2 times each year.
Nothing surprising.

Is the A380 more "stable" during turbulence and more quiet inside the cabin?

Going a bit off topic but i suddenly thought of this.

Been riding the newer Boeing that EVA air has to US.
More quiet than the older plans inside cabin.
But one strange thing, during take off i will suddenly hear the engine or whatever decrease in noise which always makes me fear the worst gonna happen LOL !
Shouldnt be the landing gear retracting. I think.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
Tq, Ivan. You should experience it someday. Great ride but teething tech problems still aplenty. Especially in cold weather despite being developed in Europe.

Hahahaha.... Me Boeing man, having certification for B727 and B737 series and trained for B777. Last thing I did was the evaluation of the ATR. Never involved in the A380.

As for the earthquake, it was in central Taiwan. Did not feel anything in Taipei. Heard there were injuries.

Offline nayo

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
The 380 certainly rides turbulence better than all the previous planes I have been on. Noise insulation has improved sitting forward of the engines but subjective towards the aft. Most fliers complement the comfort levels i.e spaciousness, smooth ride, general quietness and of course the novelty of 'newness'.

Newer Boeing? Or newer planes? Newer planes like any newer stuff would definitely have tightness retained around all its seals, plugs, joints and insulation. Hence quieter. Like tight links on a Rolex bracelet.

Hmmm, engine noise reduction? Could be a variety of explanations.
1. Reduction from takeoff thrust to climbing thrust.
2. Engines stabilizing from the initial thrust initiation.
3. Acceleration buildup and upon getting airborne -reduced wheel and engine noise echo from runway.
4. None of the above, meaning I don't know.  :police: Your guess's as good as mine
5. Your worst nightmare just came true.  :Startled:

Now just turn over and go back to sleep. The stewardess will be with you in a while.   :-*
 Sweet dreams.  :Praying:

Offline nayo

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »

Hahahaha.... Me Boeing man, having certification for B727 and B737 series and trained for B777. Last thing I did was the evaluation of the ATR. Never involved in the A380.

As for the earthquake, it was in central Taiwan. Did not feel anything in Taipei. Heard there were injuries.

B727? Wow, that speaks volumes of experience under your belt!  :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
OK now this looks niiicceee!

Does the MAS A380 have a shower?
Wonder how fast you can shower if suddenly the aircraft hits turbulence  :Laughing_on_floor:

Love the lounge area.

OK Nayo how is the dude able to film the take off when always you have the video asking everyone to switch off all electronic devices?

It looks like the 380 is taking way more time to take off.

Sorry off topic again.... :P

Offline nayo

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 12:32:56 PM »
wonderful photos bro...I love it when a photo set of a trip has "sharing and informative" values rather than the plain show off crap! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Hans. Still a little 'showy' but this attempt at street photography as oppose to landscape/touristy shots is more of a test of the camera's capabilities at the hands of a rookie. Glad the shots turn out ok but some critique from camera experts here on how to improve the shots would be great.

OK now this looks niiicceee!

Does the MAS A380 have a shower?
Wonder how fast you can shower if suddenly the aircraft hits turbulence  :Laughing_on_floor:

Love the lounge area.

OK Nayo how is the dude able to film the take off when always you have the video asking everyone to switch off all electronic devices?

It looks like the 380 is taking way more time to take off.

Sorry off topic again.... :P

? Was there suppose to be some pix or video attached?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
Wow, Nayo, like your street shots very much. This is indeed a good camera. Thx for sharing.

Wish to revisit Paris to experience the Love feel again  ;D

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »
Wow! What a wonderful "story teller", nayo.
The pics are Nice. Very nice indeed.
The X20 turn up to be very sharp indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline aequod1

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »
A big solute for your photography. You will not believe i saw these photographs more than 5 times...and will continue..great work!!!!!!
Fancy collection including pulsar solar watch, invicta pro diver and seiko chronograph wrist watches.

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
absolute beautiful photos you got there nayo. now i'm tempted with X20! love the silver-black retro look... :p

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline nayo

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
The X20 has garnered some awesome reviews in part due to the X10's reputation. There were also some mixed to neutral reports regarding the sharpness of the AF. At full size, some of the above pixs were not as sharp as i'd hope but nonetheless the diversionary captions did the trick. Yes I do like the silver/ black setup with the vintage/retro look. And pricing was the icing. It's now going cheaper than it was 3 weeks ago. No regrets as I'm mighty please with the camera. Thanks for all the kind comments folks.