Author Topic: JLC single brand gathering March 2013  (Read 19138 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
JLC single brand gathering March 2013
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:52 AM »
hi everyone,
Following the Grand Seiko gathering where I must apologise for not giving enough notice and hence a few GS enthusiasts were not able to make it, I would now like to propose a JLC themed gathering where anyone interested in JLCs are welcomed to join and JLC owners can share their favourite pieces.

As CNY is in Feb and some members would be travellling out of KL for a week before and up to 2 weeks after CNY, a more workable date would be in March

In order to reassure members to bring their precious pieces, it would be better held in a private room in a restaurant located in a complex. Any suggestions are welcomed but the location would only be informed to confirmed participants.

One of the places I have in mind can only cater to abt 8-10 people as it is in a Jap restaurant with only 2 individual rooms in a complex. They have set lunch/dinner bentos costing abt RM 80++ per head.

Would like to gauge how many people are interested in such a gathering before proceeding to the next stage of making a booking and for the numbers of people. A maximum number of people may have to be imposed in the rare event the response is too good.

To make it workable and successful, perhaps once the max number is met, it wiil be closed at least 2 weeks before the event.

Suggestions are sought on the following:
2 Saturday dates in March. 
Locations with private rooms in a shopping/commercial complex.
Lunch or dinner
Final decisions will be made on a majority basis

It is hoped that other WIS would also organise their favourite brand gatherings. I would love to attend some where I have yet to own such a brand.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:22:04 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline kiamat

Re: Next single brand theme gathering- JLC in March 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
hi everyone,
Following the Grand Seiko gathering where I must apologise for not giving enough notice and hence a few GS enthusiasts were not able to make it, I would now like to propose a JLC themed gathering where anyone interested in JLCs are welcomed to join and JLC owners can share their favourite pieces.

As CNY is in Feb and some members would be travellling out of KL for a week before and up to 2 weeks after CNY, a more workable date would be in March

In order to reassure members to bring their precious pieces, it would be better held in a private room in a restaurant located in a complex. Any suggestions are welcomed but the location would only be informed to confirmed participants.

One of the places I have in mind can only cater to abt 8-10 people as it is in a Jap restaurant with only 2 individual rooms in a complex. They have set lunch/dinner bentos costing < RM 80 per head.

Would like to gauge how many people are interested in such a gathering before proceeding to the next stage of making a booking and for the numbers of people. A maximum number of people may have to be imposed in the rare event the response is too good.

To make it workable and successful, perhaps once the max number is met, it wiil be closed at least 2 weeks before the event.

Interested parties are invited to propose 2 Sat dates each in either March and the date with the most vote will be selected. Any proposal for locations with private rooms are also welcomed.

It is hoped that other WIS would also organise their favourite brand gatherings. I would love to attend some where I have yet to own such a brand.

any saturday other than 23rd march.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »
2nd Saturday onwards should be fine.

Regard
Tyler

hi everyone,

One of the places I have in mind can only cater to abt 8-10 people as it is in a Jap restaurant with only 2 individual rooms in a complex. They have set lunch/dinner bentos costing < RM 80 per head.

Interested parties are invited to propose 2 Sat dates each in either March and the date with the most vote will be selected. Any proposal for locations with private rooms are also welcomed.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
JLC single brand theme gathering- March 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »
aiya I know I know la..
You wan to go miao miao to stay in luxury hotel to celebrate ur bday

If u stay back in KL, those coming for JLC gathering can celebrate your bday oso wat

Ask donald and Kcg kaki to come over and join in lo..

We go miao miao  another day...
I oso wan to go visit Donald's fav shop in Sarawak Plaza

So how? still wan to go miao miao on 23rd?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:22:39 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline kiamat

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »
aiya I know I know la..
You wan to go miao miao to stay in luxury hotel to celebrate ur bday

If u stay back in KL, those coming for JLC gathering can celebrate your bday oso wat

Ask donald and Kcg kaki to come over and join in lo..

We go miao miao  another day...
I oso wan to go visit Donald's fav shop in Sarawak Plaza

So how? still wan to go miao miao on 23rd?

ok if we confirm 23rd then i postpone miao miao

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »

this means I have to fly in, buy a JLC then can join kah??   ::)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
Just joking la.. We can have JLC gathering any weekend not unless you & your Sarawak kaki want to come to kay el to shop for watches..

If majority wants to go miao2 on 23rd then we go miao2. I oso wan to go jalan2 cari makan...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:37:04 AM by JOS2012 »

Offline mykita

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:25 AM »
Can I join this GTG? Am free any Saturday's in March and I love the brand too.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:04:56 AM »
Hi everyone,
since we have an enquiry on the gathering, may I propose either Saturdays March 9th or 16th as the tentative dates to be voted upon. May I suggest lunch and time set at 12.30pm.
(We shall leave March 23rd open as it has been proposed for a 'miao miao' watch and makan trip...)

The date with most votes will be selected.

As mentioned in the original post above, anyone who is interested in the brand is most welcome to join and JLC owners are encouraged to bring their JLCs to share their information on the brand as well as their respective watches.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:32 AM »
I am in for either those dates.
Keep me posted.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
I'm keen too.  ;D :thumbsup:

Offline khairain

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »
Hi everyone,

Would love to join u all.. I won't be free on 2nd other than that shouldn't be any problem.. ;)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Proposed single brand gathering March 2013- JLC
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »
Dear all,
With regards to the proposed JLC gathering in March, kindly take note of the update;

Time: 12.30 pm lunch event

Location: A private room in a restaurant in KL (Location will be informed to only confirmed participants a few days before the event) Venue not firmed up at this point. Suggestions are welcome via pm to me.

Menu: Set lunch (Japanese or Italian)
Cost: Will select a menu below RM 100 per head depending on venue

In order to make an advance booking and finalise available venue, kindly indicate your ONE preferred date between the 2 Saturdays below. Even if you have no preference, kindly put your name down on ONE of the dates. The date with the highest number of names will be selected.

March 9th

March 16th

Any further suggestions are most welcome. If we are unable to obtain enough participants to book a venue by 23rd Feb, we will have to call it off.

Thanks..

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:50:18 AM »
March 9th
1. Danny

March 16th
1. Danny

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
March 9th
1. Danny

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz

Offline takashi78

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »
March 9th
1. Danny

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78

Offline kiamat

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »
March 9th
1. Danny
2. kiamat

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78
4. kiamat

Offline mykita

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 06:27:30 AM »
March 9th
1. Danny
2. kiamat
3. Mykita

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78
4. kiamat
5. Mykita

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:56 AM »
UPDATE

khairain,alvin-8880,dpkong... are you guys still interested as per your earlier posts?
Let's try to make it at least 10 so that we have more JLCs to ogle at..... ;) :Cheers:

To-date we have 6 participants, including myself.
If there are no last minute pullouts, we should still be able to proceed with this small intimate gathering.

As the majority have chosen March 16th, the closing date will be 1st March 2013, after which I will make arrangements to contact a few venues for booking and inform those confirmed via pm.

March 9th
1. Danny
2. kiamat
3. Mykita
4. Chris Yen

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78
4. kiamat
5. Mykita
6. JOS2012
7. Chris Yen
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:26:36 AM by chrisyen »

Offline takashi78

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
Jos,

Alvin wont join if the name list wont reach "8" and his name is ngam ngam on that list count :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Wait wait, here I am, as expected by Peter...   ;D

March 9th
1. Danny
2. kiamat
3. Mykita
4. Chris Yen
8. Alvin C.

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78
4. kiamat
5. Mykita
6. JOS2012
7. Chris Yen
8. Alvin C.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:33 PM »
UPDATE

khairain,alvin-8880,dpkong... are you guys still interested as per your earlier posts?
Let's try to make it at least 10 so that we have more JLCs to ogle at..... ;) :Cheers:

Hi Jos,

I can't commit on the date until a few days before. I do have a reason to come to KL for one night but it's not for a JLC..  ;)  ;)

As CNY is about to end, site work will be picking up and might get too hectic for me to leave.

Wish me luck!

Offline FongV

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
Hi. I am new to the forum but I am a fan of the brand. Would it be possible for me to join in the dinner?

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:26 AM »
hi technicv,
all MWF members are welcome to join regardless of whether you own a JLC or not, as long as you are interested in the brand or can share your knowledge of it... :Cheers:

Please add ur name under the date of your choice..

Hi. I am new to the forum but I am a fan of the brand. Would it be possible for me to join in the dinner?

hi donald,
coming to KL not for JLC but a KL one night stand??? :Laughing_on_floor:

no problem... once we have enough numbers, I can book the place.

So is the March 23rd Kuching trip still on???

Hi Jos,
I can't commit on the date until a few days before. I do have a reason to come to KL for one night but it's not for a JLC..  ;)  ;)
As CNY is about to end, site work will be picking up and might get too hectic for me to leave.
Wish me luck!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:13:48 AM by JOS2012 »

Offline takashi78

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:12 AM »
So we are doing lunch right?