Author Topic: Grand Seiko themed gathering  (Read 12326 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Grand Seiko themed gathering
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 06:44:43 AM »
Actually this was a very small gathering with only 5 GS enthusiasts and less than 10 pcs of GS.

I must apologise for trying to arrange the gathering within a few days of posting and not having a concrete plan with a specific place in mind.
It was more like an ad hoc last minute get together hoping for a few GS enthusiasts to meet and exchange info and their pieces.

Will try to propose more single brand themed gatherings in future with longer advance notice (2-4 weeks?) and perhaps over a more private lunch/dinner venue where participants can bring all their prized watches. Next in mind is a JLC and after that GO...
Anyone interested ?

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with those dinner places with individual rooms as I'm more of an italian, japanese, indo-chinese, western where these tend to be open concept.
Suggestions for locations with rooms most welcomed.

One place I can think of is a Japanese restaurant where there are individual rooms and they have set lunch/dinner which is reasonable (< RM 80 pp)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:01:21 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
I must apologise for trying to arrange the gathering within a few days of posting and not having a concrete plan with a specific place in mind.
It was more like an ad hoc last minute get together hoping for a few GS enthusiasts to meet and exchange info and their pieces.

Will try to propose more single brand themed gatherings in future with longer advance notice (2-4 weeks?) and perhaps over a more private lunch/dinner venue where participants can bring all their prized watches. Next in mind is a JLC and after that GO...
Anyone interested ?

No apology required Joe, after all spontaneity is the spice of life.
I'll definitely try to make it for the next JLC GTG.

:Cheers:

Offline kiamat

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
Actually this was a very small gathering with less than 10 pcs of GS.

Anyone interested ?

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with those dinner places with individual rooms as I'm more of an italian, japanese, indo-chinese, western where these tend to be open concept.
Suggestions for locations with rooms most welcomed.

One place I can think of is a Japanese restaurant in The Weld where there are individual rooms and they have set lunch/dinner which is reasonable (< RM 80 pp)

lovely pics!!!
would love to get poison LOL hopefully can join the next one.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »
Thank you voon but honestly I was disappointed with myself when I viewed d pics before uploading that I didn't do my job well enough. Out of practice....
Should have taken more effort to take better and sharper pics of each and every watch to do justice to their owners. As most of the watches come with bracelet, a bit of hassle to take the rear movements clearly. Must learn a better technique...

Will try to do better in the next gathering..

lovely pics!!!
would love to get poison LOL hopefully can join the next one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:51:05 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline no1isbad

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
Hi all, i just realized there are ppl here in Malaysia collecting GS, GOOD!
Perpetual T-01 Carrousel Tourbillon - Seagull ST8001
Grand Seiko Chronograph Titanium SBGC005 - 9R86

Offline davidtth

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »

welcome aboard, do share your photo with us, soon will have another GS gathering...  :Cheers:

Offline no1isbad

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »

welcome aboard, do share your photo with us, soon will have another GS gathering...  :Cheers:
photo of me? haha!
mine is SBGC005, i saw similar SBGC003 up there in the picture, same look but different material
i'm not a watch collector but i found the quality of GS is superb when comparing with some famous brand, hope to see other watches and compare
Perpetual T-01 Carrousel Tourbillon - Seagull ST8001
Grand Seiko Chronograph Titanium SBGC005 - 9R86