Author Topic: Grand Seiko themed gathering  (Read 12361 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Grand Seiko themed gathering
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
hi all mwf members,

I'd like to propose a Grand Seiko themed gathering this weekend.
I'm afraid I'm not available on Monday

I'd like to open it up to a vote of either;

a) Saturday afternoon 2pm-4pm   OR
b) Sunday afternoon 2pm-4pm

There's a nice place that some mwf members gathered last time, a coffee themed cafe..

As its near Starhill, Pavilion and we can go window shopping for watches for those who are going for their next purchase..

Anyone who is interested in GS is welcomed and GS owners shld wear their GS for others to appreciate starting with Sean who has the newest GS...

Let the vote for which date begin..

Even if there are as few as 4 persons, its good enough....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:15:02 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline sean

Re: Grand Seiko themed gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
I'm ok on Sunday, as I had wedding dinner on sat so a bit too rush

Offline harkensng

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Many congrats to bro Sean!! Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend due to family matters.  Pls enjoy yourselves and post lots of pics! :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:57:07 PM »
Saturday not in town

Sunday morning got to go back to office meeting,
After the meeting I mayb able to catch up with u all since my office so near...

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »
Thanks for the invitation Joseph. Unfortunately I am down with heavy flu and I am desperate to recover from which as I have a biz trip next Monday onwards. You guys just go ahead without me and enjoy!!!!

Hi, Sean, congrats on the SBGE001. Looks like a winner; wear in good health always.

Incredible, this must be the 6th new GS I saw / read about in less than a month!!! Average 1 every 5 days!! First was Harken's SBGH013, then David and Elton's GS divers, then James' SBGE021, then Euclidorus SBGX089, now Sean's SBGE001. GS epidemic is speading........... :laugh:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
All thanks to jos  :thumbsup:

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
Jos, thanks for arranging this, and appropriately so given you're the GS master here. I can join on Sunday.

Enkidu, hope you recover from your illness (hopefully not the Boston bug) soon and join the gathering and be poisoned further. Thankfully, it is the GS epidemic and not a flu epidemic.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
hi euclidorus,
I'm no GS Master, Enkidu knows much more on GS dating back to the early GS. I only familiarise myself with the current GSs since 2005. Looking forward to meeting a Credor enthusiast..

Jos, thanks for arranging this, and appropriately so given you're the GS master here. I can join on Sunday.
Enkidu, hope you recover from your illness (hopefully not the Boston bug) soon and join the gathering and be poisoned further. Thankfully, it is the GS epidemic and not a flu epidemic.

I can't take credit for this as I aredy noticed some passionate enthusiasts of GS like yourself, ivan, Enkidu and a few other quiet mwf members. I just stirred it up a bit but the interest was always there..anyway do join us once you are able on Sun. We shld be there from 2-4pm..

All thanks to jos  :thumbsup:

Get well, Loo.. I can always go pick up your GS and your JLC Chrono to keep us compnay.. keep them away from the germs and all… :Laughing_on_floor:
Thanks for the invitation Joseph. Unfortunately I am down with heavy flu and I am desperate to recover from which as I have a biz trip next Monday onwards. You guys just go ahead without me and enjoy!!!!
Hi, Sean, congrats on the SBGE001. Looks like a winner; wear in good health always.
Incredible, this must be the 6th new GS I saw / read about in less than a month!!! Average 1 every 5 days!! First was Harken's SBGH013, then David and Elton's GS divers, then James' SBGE021, then Euclidorus SBGX089, now Sean's SBGE001. GS epidemic is speading........... :laugh:

Aw.. I was really looking forward to meeting you and your GSs...
Many congrats to bro Sean!! Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend due to family matters.  Pls enjoy yourselves and post lots of pics! :Cheers:

Ok then, we'll meet Sun 2pm at Fahrenheit..
I'm ok on Sunday, as I had wedding dinner on sat so a bit too rush
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline yonggoh

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
don't own a GS but one day who knows! so looking forward to your pics!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 07:26:58 AM »
Down with heavy cough n sore throat as well....
Sadly cant make it today.

Take more pics.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
Update on this afternoon's gathering of like minded enthusiasts..

Chris was first to be there, followed by yours truly.
Sean and Tyler came next and Euclidorus made a grand entrance bearing the star of the show…... the Credor as well as the GS AntiMagnetic quartz SBGX089 and Ltd Ed GS GMT SBGM029
As Euclidorus requested to remain a mystery, no pics of the participants were taken, only the real stars of the show.. the watches

Pics are being uploaded to photobucket so will post it once all pics are fully uploaded.
Apologies if the pics are not as sharp as my old hands are no longer steady without a tripod even though Tyler so kindly loaned me his lovely Oly macro lens..
If any watches are left out, my apologies to the owners…but honestly the watches must be seen in the metal to see the sparkling finishing.. no pics can do justice to the GSs...

After the gathering we all went to Starhill to check out AP and PSM but too rich for my blood….We all spilt up at 5.30pm….visa expired for me..
Must do this again maybe over dinner...

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:43:02 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
Hurry up with the pictures already... it's been more than one hour...   :Scolding:

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
bro, my internet is only streamyx laaa…all my money gone to watches... :HammerHead:

another 30 min shld see all the pics uploaded…go use the loo first and come back later…. :Laughing_on_floor:

Hurry up with the pictures already... it's been more than one hour...   :Scolding:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:28:20 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
finally…the super slow streamyx finally…

The stars of the this afternoon's show…
Chris, my apologies, the pic of your vintage Seiko was blurer than even these… my hands are too shaky..

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:43:46 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »
Aiyoyo... already done the loo, bath and bottle milk for the kids and still no pics  :Scolding:

Can't wait to see the Credor...

oops!! I take it back.. what's the odd one out doing in the group??
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:59:01 PM by dpkong »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »
aiksss. u still can't see..blame it on the underwater internet cable between peninsular n east malaysia…. :Scolding: :mooning: :Laughing_on_floor: :Cheers:

Aiyoyo... already done the loo, bath and bottle milk for the kids and still no pics  :Scolding:

Can't wait to see the Credor...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »
oh dear.. Jos and his Seiko poison is infectious... that GMT is starting to look very interesting.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »
i no see high beat and vintage GS eh ?  :o

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
I only brought 2 GS; SBGA031, SBGC003 and not the SBGH001 & SBGW033
Sean brought his latest SBGE001
Euclidorus brought Credor, SBGX089, SBGM029
Chris brought a Premier & a vintage Seiko Chrono but the pic was too blur so deleted
Tyler brought the only mat salleh PAM

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »
Jos, it is more like a late apologetic entrance due to the ridiculous parking situation at Pavilion. Glad to have met you, Chris, Tyler and Sean. Yeah, I agree that a nice dinner at a more private venue would be preferable.

Update on this afternoon's gathering of like minded enthusiasts..

Chris was first to be there, followed by yours truly.
Sean and Tyler came next and Euclidorus made a grand entrance bearing the star of the show…... the Credor as well as the GS AntiMagnetic quartz SBGX089 and Ltd Ed GS GMT SBGM029
As Euclidorus requested to remain a mystery, no pics of the participants were taken, only the real stars of the show.. the watches

Pics are being uploaded to photobucket so will post it once all pics are fully uploaded.
Apologies if the pics are not as sharp as my old hands are no longer steady without a tripod even though Tyler so kindly loaned me his lovely Oly macro lens..
If any watches are left out, my apologies to the owners…but honestly the watches must be seen in the metal to see the sparkling finishing.. no pics can do justice to the GSs...

After the gathering we all went to Starhill to check out AP and PSM but too rich for my blood….We all spilt up at 5.30pm….visa expired for me..
Must do this again maybe over dinner...

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
The vintage get together will have to wait till Enkidu is able to join  ;)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
For an even better vintage GS gathering, both Enkidu & harkensng must join….

I'm told there are a lot more GS owners with big GS collections but keeping very very low profile….

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »

Congrats on the successful GTG.  :thumbsup: Stunning photos. My great loss for not being able to attend.  :-\

Don't embarrass me. My seiko collection has shrunk very considerably since 2008/2009.  ;D All these talks about the GS the last few weeks have nonetheless stirred the latent seiko devil residing deep within the crevasse of my mind....really got to resist before I get addicted again. :laugh:

Offline davidtth

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »
For an even better vintage GS gathering, both Enkidu & harkensng must join….

I'm told there are a lot more GS owners with big GS collections but keeping very very low profile….

i'm sure there are many hidden GS collector around but tend to be conservative or ninja mode  :D

"Tyler brought the only mat salleh PAM"

gozilla mat salleh is rare piece.... :o :o :o

i must molest one Credor at least once in my life time...  ;D

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »
Hi guys,
What a wonderful collection of Grand Seikos with a healthy mix of traditional automatics and the revolutionary Spring Drive models.
It's really great to see serious collectors of GS amongst Malaysia Watch Forum members.
I truly regret having missed out on this GTG.
Well done guys and thanks for sharing.

:Cheers: