Author Topic: Another Kuching GTG?  (Read 27542 times)

Offline G.MAC

Re: Another Kuching GTG?
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »
He is right though. JLC has a very small following here.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »

Thanks.. too bad we could not meet up.
Yes the shop owner did tell me its been there for awhile. Of coz being marketing talk, he said that Kcg folks didn't know how to appreciate JLCs.
Anyway since I have been looking for a titanium Amvox for awhile, being black titanium and NOS with a slightly higher discount made the deal easier to swallow.
Still a very pricey item..very nearly AP RO/ROO level

Nice one. That piece has been sitting for a while waiting for the right buyer. Still waiting to purchase a piece to round out this year.

thanks sean,
Yes, from donald's usual toyshop...
mustn't go Kuching for awhile otherwise... hard to resist...

Wah Jos very nice, new toys got it from Donald usual toy shop?

It was a great weekend with Joseph and his wife. Luckily he only brought his JLC along (no GS) and I am now getting slowly infected by the JLC virus. May try to join the JLC meetup next month...

Brought Joseph there expecting him just to look at the wares and didn't expect he was going to jump on one !!!

Offline el118

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »
Great! more JLC fine pieces to appreciate in the coming GTG :thumbsup:

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »
el,
I do hope you have decided to take back your JLC to monitor its rate after running in instead of sending it back so soon.

Great! more JLC fine pieces to appreciate in the coming GTG :thumbsup:

Although Sarawakian hospitality is well known but Donald & his other half overdid it…. :laugh:
He left his kids for 2 days, accompanied us literally the whole of Sat and (if not for my other friend meeting me for morning half of Sunday, it would have been whole of Sunday, too)  2nd half Sunday.
Looks like he is also a regular or a taikor at Kuching waterholes coz their bartenders didn't dare allow me to pay any bills instead asking me to get 'permission' first from Donald.

Thanks again, Donald & missus for your weekend time, company and hospitality.
I hope you can make it for the JLC GTG II. If you go to the JLC boutique, it will be like you bringing me to your toyshop, even worse…I caution you.. :Laughing_on_floor:
Normally I'm not a impulsive buyer but the Amvox titanium has been on the back of my mind for years (although never formally been on my wish list) so I guess it was 'fated'.

It was a great weekend with Joseph and his wife. Luckily he only brought his JLC along (no GS) and I am now getting slowly infected by the JLC virus. May try to join the JLC meetup next month...
Brought Joseph there expecting him just to look at the wares and didn't expect he was going to jump on one !!!
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline el118

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
el,
I do hope you have decided to take back your JLC to monitor its rate after running in instead of sending it back so soon.

Hi Jo,

I have instructed them to send back from Singapore without service. should be back this week. thanks for advise.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
Jos,

Don't feel bad about us spending time with your and your wonderful other half. Some weekends are usually our "timeout" anyway, so kids would be with the grandparents.

Can't confirm the Nov 16 date now but I'm sure there's a JLC Master Control chrono model calling to me somewhere as Frankie from the Starhill boutique was so nice to poison me on a trip and I have a nice catalogue to browse.  :-\