Author Topic: IWC Portugese Chrono  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Cocobean

IWC Portugese Chrono
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »
Hey folks,

Another bright sunny day for good outdoor photo shooting, heres some pics taken today, enjoy  ;)

The spring has sprung !! Cherry blossom with bell tower of the Dalkey town's cathedral as background

Don't know which nationality leng lui taking her coffee break and reading newspaper

Offline silverstan

Re: IWC Portugese Chrono
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:40:51 AM »
good watch, nice scene and pretty girl.  :D

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

Thanks Silvers,

First saw it from Taiwanese watch magazine, and I grabbed this IWC the moment it was launched.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 06:39:24 AM »

so blur also u can see?

anyway... nice watch... i prefer the white dial portuguese auto... i missed my black portuguese auto....

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »
Cocobean,
Wow. Another great watch in your collection. I like the extent of modification done by IWC to the base Valjoux 7750 caliber. You can hardly tell that the ETA workhorse is ticking inside this watch.
And somehow I get the feeling that you prefer white dials.

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »

so blur also u can see?

anyway... nice watch... i prefer the white dial portuguese auto... i missed my black portuguese auto....

I had checked again on my memory card, no clear picture of 'her' taken , camera setting was on closed-up mode all time. But she looks absolutely gorgeous , kind of korean - japs mixed . I took few quick shots on my watch with her as backdrop when my wife went to buy us coffee and pastry. Also, taking picture of a lady when go out with your wife is very bad idea, you know what womans will react LOL .

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
Cocobean,
Wow. Another great watch in your collection. I like the extent of modification done by IWC to the base Valjoux 7750 caliber. You can hardly tell that the ETA workhorse is ticking inside this watch.
And somehow I get the feeling that you prefer white dials.

Thanks danny,

IWC even modified Valjoux 7750 and house in few of their 'Grand Complication' models. I remember reading from somewhere that this movement has among the largest room for add on complication and modification to suit diff design requirement. And due to its long established background, it is also well known for its stability except the movement doesn't look so great when expose with transparent caseback . My PAM00050 & ML Chrono also housed the same movement .

As for i prefer white dial, i will say it very much depends on the overall design . Gonna show my last collection in black dial .